Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when are Blizzard going to fix the PVP?

My mate gave me his account to play (cause I sold my old one) in exchange for my EVE account I don't use anymore and so I got straight into the PVP with my fave class the priest. So anyways I wonder the lands of both the expansion and the old world to find that theres no world PVP what so ever and it's like where is everyone? I remember when I first got WOW that we'd be raiding cities and all the fights up by Tauren Mill, there would be loads of us.

Then battlegrounds came out and destroid all that, specially when the honour system was released and people decided tof arm the battlegrounds. However it still made for great world PVP because you had to wait outside the battlegrounds everyone sat there and chatted and dueled and you'd get the enemy come over and try pick a fight sometimes. I likes that because it was a meeting point where you socialized. However Blizzard got rid of that so you could then join battlegrounds from the cities too and be anywhere in the world and still get in.

It's just how WOW is going lately where they're making everything far too easy to get and dumbing down the game so everyone and their mum can get all the best gear and that. They've ruined whatever social content they had in the game and good world PVP I remembered from back in 2005. My friend who gave me his account is a long time WOW player and he quit cause he said he's  sick of how Blizzard have ruined the game.

Playing these battlegrounds arn't even fun because for the people who arn't AFK in AV all everyone does is runs to the other side to kill the boss and ignore eachother. I tried to fight some when we met in the middle and they just carried on running. In WSG it's all about paladin and Druid and it's just the same tired gameplay over and over again. AB everyone seems to go solo for some reason and TBC BG it's hard to explain why it isn't fun but it just doesn't play well and the whole sci-fi look doens't fit well into WOW for me.

So now Blizzard are making it super easy to get form levels 1 - 60 and it just makes me wonder how long will it be until they let you make normal characters from levels 55 aswel as the Death Knight? Instead of fixing the content and making it fun and useful again Blizzard just seem to wanna ignore it and focus on the end game which is bollox anyways because they keep making dumb mistakes.

Blizzard need to get rid of battlegrounds from the game and focus of world PVP. It's a shame because WOW has great combat mechanics and the game is really polished and has lots to do but theres just this one thing ruining it.

Comments

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

You want deeper gameplay, most of ppls want just to grind for their next item, and not loose his limited time with social, massive, or roleplay things! Thats the key success of WoW.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212

I just did about 3 hours of AV grind and i only saw 1 afk. PVP is fine, However some classes could use a twink here and there, but thats how MMOs are not every class is balanced.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

It's not broken, you may not like it, but it works very well for people enjoying it.

• memoirmemoir Member Posts: 142

WotLK?

We just wait and see. Hate boys will be flaming and fanboys will be drooling.

I just had the confirmation that the tactical PvP side is right on spot (compared to the very latest offerings).

So like I said, if tBlizzard can deliver this in open world PvP with say 100vs100, they'll have "it".

Some reservations about the lag. But let's just wait now (since yesterday I know the Wow-players have all the time of the world now).

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

You know, it seems I have heard this before....can't remember where.....oh yeah, right here...'bout every other day.  It's not getting old...it was old about 2 years ago.  Now it's just lame...and a little sad.

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278

Server has a lot to do with how much World PvP you'll find.

RP/PvP servers seem to have the most world pvp. I've seen massive battles break out in the weirdest places.

Other day, we took over Auberdine and used their boats to get to Exodar. We controlled a good chunk of Exodar before Allys started really responding... Whole time people were making racial jokes about purging the land of the Squid face , :)

(Disclaimer cause of the post below mine: Raiding Exodar on a PvP server means the attackers are all flagged for pvp cause they are in a hostile area, but the players of that faction are not, so we can't gank the lowbies trying to level.)

If you can get over the quirkiness of some of the players, RP/PvP is the way to play if your not all about only getting the best gear 24x7.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

What I find interesting is people like this

The 'good ol days' where when you were level 60 and fighting in a level 20-30 zone... basically ganking anyone trying to quest there and occassionally fighting someone your own level.  But the majority of the time it was about ganking the people trying to quest, or killing  the quest givers.

So Blizzard added pvp objective in the lvl 60 zones... but alas.. that was 'terrible' ... I mean.. it was terrible because people questing there could actually put up a fight.   I mean how much fun can it be if you can't one-shot a player 40 levels lower than you.   What.... you expect me to kill players my own level?   What.. you expect me to walk around flagged for PvP and have someone attack me who might be able to kill me.

I also hate AV..  I mean.. how much fun can it possible by to have 40 people on the other side, who are... you know... the same level as me..... and... gasp... they are all actually wanting to pvp.   How in the world can I gank someone who is fighting a monster when there aren't any monsters for them to be fighting.

People like the OP don't want pvp.. they don't even want to fight anyone.. they want to trounce low level players.  If you want a real and fair fight, there are plenty of ways in the game to do it.   Battlegrounds,  Open world pvp objectives, Arenas, and soon Lake Wintergrasp.   Oh, I'm sorry.. those don't count because they all involve you fighting someone your own level, and someone who wants to pvp.  Sorry.... I guess cowards should try Hello Kitty Island Adventures

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Azrile

What I find interesting is people like this
    The 'good ol days' where when you were level 60 and fighting in a level 20-30 zone... basically ganking anyone trying to quest there and occassionally fighting someone your own level.  But the majority of the time it was about ganking the people trying to quest, or killing  the quest givers.
    So Blizzard added pvp objective in the lvl 60 zones... but alas.. that was 'terrible' ... I mean.. it was terrible because people questing there could actually put up a fight.   I mean how much fun can it be if you can't one-shot a player 40 levels lower than you.   What.... you expect me to kill players my own level?   What.. you expect me to walk around flagged for PvP and have someone attack me who might be able to kill me.
    I also hate AV..  I mean.. how much fun can it possible by to have 40 people on the other side, who are... you know... the same level as me..... and... gasp... they are all actually wanting to pvp.   How in the world can I gank someone who is fighting a monster when there aren't any monsters for them to be fighting.
    People like the OP don't want pvp.. they don't even want to fight anyone.. they want to trounce low level players.  If you want a real and fair fight, there are plenty of ways in the game to do it.   Battlegrounds,  Open world pvp objectives, Arenas, and soon Lake Wintergrasp.   Oh, I'm sorry.. those don't count because they all involve you fighting someone your own level, and someone who wants to pvp.  Sorry.... I guess cowards should try Hello Kitty Island Adventures

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

The problems with in-world PvP seem to be the following:

1.)  High level PvP'ers become a nuisance to those who just want to quest and gain experience.  NPC's needed by questers are hacked to bits and take time to respawn so that lower levels can complete their quests.

2.) There's no great 'reward' or benefit from capturing an entire objective.  Often times, it is merely a way to pass the time.

3.) There's too much reliance on 'how many' versus talents and abilities.  Simply put, if you have a bigger zerg, you win.

4.) World PvP seem to be small, minor skirmishes with a players rotating out as soon as they die.

5.) 'Captured' places, like Tarren Mill, have respawns that wipe you out...even though logistically it makes no sense.

Battlegrounds tends to solve all the problems listed above except one: Repetition

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278

I just like the idea of stealing the enemy boats....

Its like waiting for a blimp outside ogrimmur and having it arrive filled with Allys bent on trashing the city.

Using the enemies mode of transportation to easily transport yourself to one of their cities is soooo much fun.

There is a town in STV the Horde have the allys try and take over from time to time inorder to use the transport to ogrimmur. I've had a number of battles at that town holding off zergs of allys with a lot less horde at my side because of the npc's and respawn locations.

Either way, i play with an inventive bunch that know how to have a good time, :)

Which was always the key to the best battles in DAoC. People would rally behind an idea, and have a blast trying to achieve it. Or defend against it.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392

Why would anyone play WoW if PvPing is their cup of tea? I fail to understand.

If you love PvP/RvR, you play Warhammer. Otherwise you are stuck with stupid instanced PvP with no meaning at all, and farm/grind stuff. If you don't like grinding, WoW is definitely not for you, because in this game everything is grinding.

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

Originally posted by Xtort

If you love PvP/RvR, you play Warhammer.

Apparently not, if you talk to the people here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/195808

Minus the other  remarks, welcome to the World of Warcraft forums, where we discuss World of Warcraft because we like it.  Despite my ideas for improvement in the games PvP, I've gotten more enjoyment out of the battlegrounds than any other PvP environment.  I could detail why, but have doubts there would be any interest given the previous post's remarks.

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by saint4God
    Originally posted by Xtort If you love PvP/RvR, you play Warhammer.

Apparently not, if you talk to the people here:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/195808

Minus the other  remarks, welcome to the World of Warcraft forums, where we discuss World of Warcraft because we like it.  Despite my ideas for improvement in the games PvP, I've gotten more enjoyment out of the battlegrounds than any other PvP environment.  I could detail why, but have doubts there would be any interest given the previous post's remarks.

Agreed, I only hope they make the outdoor pvp worth it this time; thats been pretty much a failure since they first added it.

Originally posted by Midnitte

Agreed, I only hope they make the outdoor pvp worth it this time; thats been pretty much a failure since they first added it.

It sounds like they have the concept right, now I'm just looking forward to the delivery.  In reading it, I remember the many hours I'd played Tribes 2.  Fun times, fun times.  The only drawbacks to that game were early on, "s/he who has the fastest computer wins" and near the end it became a ghost-town.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Just what do people mean by world pvp, or in this case no world pvp.  I get killed pretty much everywhere in WoW.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • This is depressing.

I wanted world PvP but not like this.