Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Laura Genender Memorial

1235»

Comments

• celsorjcelsorj Member Posts: 1

Moro no RIO DE JANEIRO . mesmo morando tão longe ,sabia que tinha a laura do outro lado do mundo . e agora tenho certasa que ela esta mais perto ainda de todos nos .obrigado LAURA por ser minha amiga .

Celso RJ

• DaedrenDaedren Member Posts: 11

Condolences to the friends and family from the guys over at r1ft.

Such a shame... hopefully it will make those left behind cherish the time they have a bit more.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I sincerly wish send my condolences to her family and to the Staff at MMORPG for thier loss. I enjoyed the articles and reviews she had writen. She will be greatly missed.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• CedrykCedryk Member Posts: 11

From the Hardcore Community @ World of Pirates:

We morn the loss of a hardcore PvPr.

Our condolences go out to friends and family of Laura.

Sympathy and best wishes...

• IstvanNDIstvanND Jumpgate Evolution DeveloperMember Posts: 42

Terribly sorry to hear this sad news about Laura.  I met her as Taera when she moderated an IRC dev chat some of my teammates and I participated in several months ago.  She was very professional as well as delightful to work with in that often difficult environment.  My humble condolences go to her family, friends, and coworkers.

"May the gods go with you, and watch over you, in all the empty places where you must walk." - old Egyptian blessing

• LaurasFamLaurasFam Member Posts: 1

As a member of Laura's family, I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Although this has been such a tragic time for the family, and quite an unexpected shock, many of you have been asking for some sort of an explanation for her passing.

While all of the details are still unclear, what we do know is that while she was at home alone, Laura became ill and called for assistance. Before they could arrive,  Laura had passed away. There were no drugs or alcohol involved. At this time, this is all the information we have.

Once again, thank you for all of your kind words about Laura. As mentioned in the earlier posts, Laura's parents have asked that any one wishing to provide any short comment about Laura can e-mail to the moderators/editor. I can assure you the family appreciates all of your kind words at this time of sadness.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

To Laura's Family, thank you for letting us know what happened. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

This is so sad and so sudden. I had no idea she was so young :(

• KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

I didnt really know her, but it is really sad to see such a young person gone.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

I know this thread was started a little while ago, and after reading the memorial I felt that I needed to take some time away from gaming to really think about Laura and how I feel now that she is not with us any longer. I never got to really have much of a friendship with her, but we have talked a little bit either in email or chat. I admired the great knowledge and dedication she had towards gaming, I was blown away and wanted to know more. Her articles here (along with everyone else) helped me understand the world of MMORPGs and I have enjoyed my gamimg life even more since. Last time I ever said anything to her was responding to a email she sent me when I tried to apply to be a moderator, which to be honest, she was the one who gave me the inspiration to want to work for this site and someday write articles about games here because I love games and my dedication to this site only grew more because I wanted to be a part of this community even more just like her. It is just unfair that someone who was loved by many and never did anything to deserve this got taken from us. R.I.P Laura, you will be missed and loved by us all. My family and I will pray for Laura's family to help them get through this devastating time because losing someone is never easy and they need all the strength they can get while dealing with the heavy emotions they are feeling with this. It has been very hard for me to write this post...when all I want to say is that I miss you Laura and you will be thought of everyday.

• cybergamercybergamer Member Posts: 1

I'm a new member here, and I can't speak english very well. I don't know Laura, I never read her posts, but from all member whom posted here, I do believe that Laura is a gem, having big heart and a really nice person. My sincerest condolences for all Laura's family... Iris

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

I have all but stopped using mmorpg.com, but I was extremley saddened by this terrible news I felt I really had to post my condolences. Maybe there's another Star up in the heavens tonight .... God's Speed Laura.

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318

What the... That's just too unfair... I'm totally speechless, floored... And pissed off.

Off to update sig.

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

R.i.p

Condolances to the family i recently lost a friend and a family member

i wish you the best in your time of mourning.

• LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182

Even at her young age, Laura had a special way with people - with whom she could relate better than anyone I've ever met.

There's many many things we'll miss Laura for but for me, the thing I'll miss the most is her smile.

Life is all too short.  See you soon, Laura.

• chris10000chris10000 Member Posts: 5

Even if I have to admit that I was never really aware of the work and contributions of  Laura, I am deeply shocked and I want simply to express my deepest sorrow due to this sad event.

Sincerely

Schuellner

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Condolences to the family.

The genre has lost a bright and rising star.  Perhaps she will now shine brighter somewhere else.

• VerkainVerkain Member Posts: 24

I'm not good with words so I will simply say, you will be missed Laura. :(

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

yea, condolances to the family

I knew her and talked to her on team speak

pretty shocked she ain't with us anymore

May God welcome her with open arms.

• gamerivangamerivan Member Posts: 1

It is a big shock for me... and everybody at MMORPG.com...

I think what she really impressed us is her enthusiasm for her friends and the industy...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Samuraisword

I myself have a friend that died at 22 at full health while jogging , and another that died at age of 30 from stroke.

Both of them were completely healthy , and both of them died in less than hour.

I also have a friend that died of substance abuse... each of those deaths was just as sad and unexpected

Human body is such delicate mechanism. That is unfortunate truth.

One day you are here , the next you are not.

I think we all have to realize that.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Ok folks, seriously, you're losing track of what this thread is meant to be. If you want to argue about religion or possible and impossible death causes for people of a young age, or well anything else for that matter take it somewhere else.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• GuardiousGuardious Member Posts: 81

*This is an unusual thread as it is a memorial to a lost friend. Please respect the meaning as it will be enforced more strict then usual. Thank you.*

We will miss you Laura

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

Does anyone have a cause of death yet?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I remember.

She's still alive in our minds ;)