Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just wondering if MMORPG.COM updates it's ratings

Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

Hello staff, do you guys update your ratings on games that you originally give or just rate them one time and leave it? I am curious because as time goes on I think games do become worse/better or tend to offer less fun and thus deserve a proper rating. If not thats Ok cause the people mainly go by the user ratings for overall popularity.

Who let you in the VIP section?

Comments

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Tyres100

Hello staff, do you guys update your ratings on games that you originally give or just rate them one time and leave it? I am curious because as time goes on I think games do become worse/better or tend to offer less fun and thus deserve a proper rating. If not thats Ok cause the people mainly go by the user ratings for overall popularity.

User ratings are meaningless.  They're only good as ballpark figures.  If I see a game rated a 2, I know something is probably up with it, and if I see a game rated in the 7-8 range, I know it has something to offer to somebody.

Aside from that, nobody really takes them seriously.  It's too much a matter of preference.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

They have done several re-reviews in the past on titles that has been out for some time, but I haven't seen any lately. As for user ratings, well that is a battle between fanboys and haters, not to mention some companies actually promote this on their site asking their fellow players to vote for their game.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

I don't usually pay attention to the ratings either. However I do often read through the comments. When you see a short and poorly spelled comment you can usually tell its from a fanboy or a hater. But if its a long and thoughtful comment its often telling you something useful about the game.