Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pvp?

elBoNaelBoNa Member Posts: 12

is there any? and if so how is it?

Comments

• Psycho_SoldierPsycho_Soldier Member Posts: 6
    Yes there is PvP and it's one of the best aspects of the game. Very detailed. In order to be good at it though you have to practiice alot, get good resists, and specialize (ex: you can't use both rifles and pistols and be good with both).

• elBoNaelBoNa Member Posts: 12

awesome... guess I'll be trying this out later :)

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377

Yes the pvp is good in those aspects unfortunately it no longer serves any purpose in the game.  It used to be like pvp was tightly tied in with the game, you could get rare weapons doing it and other things etc.

But then they made many mistakes regarding it like locking up the player drops in a quickbelt, and letting players always keep their weapon in slot 1 safe.  Now all pvp does is cost you money.  And the large scale pvp (OP wars) never had anything to motivate players to do it.  You might do either one for about 5 seconds just for spirit of competition, but it gets boring much faster than playing something like Quake 3 online because you have to save up money everytime you want to do it or youll be screwed. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Kriminal99

Yes the pvp is good in those aspects unfortunately it no longer serves any purpose in the game.  It used to be like pvp was tightly tied in with the game, you could get rare weapons doing it and other things etc.
    But then thehmmy made many mistakes regarding it like locking up the player drops in a quickbelt, and letting players always keep their weapon in slot 1 safe.  Now all pvp does is cost you money.  And the large scale pvp (OP wars) never had anything to motivate players to do it.  You might do either one for about 5 seconds just for spirit of competition, but it gets boring much faster than playing something like Quake 3 online because you have to save up money everytime you want to do it or youll be screwed. 

hmm strange that even up to about 3 months ago, for a solid 7 or 8 months i was pretty much op waring and raiding pking all the time, didnt get boring hardly say that was a 5 min thing and the fact that my clan and enemies kept up at if for so long shows they enjoyed it to

• NC2-fan-boyNC2-fan-boy Member Posts: 13
    PvP = NC / NC2's strong point. It is the best pvp in all the MMORPGs i have tryed. But yea it is kinda anoying not geting any guns from PvP anymore. And with NC2 there is almost no safe zones so you can pvp every were.

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31

Pvp = mucho yes

Fun = mucho yes ! image

• elBoNaelBoNa Member Posts: 12

cool, bought it today ($5... I couldnt afford not to buy it)

patching right now

ugh btw, NC2 is in beta atm and is due out soon.

a lot of people are playing the beta so Nc1 populations are vastly down

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by ezza hmm strange that even up to about 3 months ago, for a solid 7 or 8 months i was pretty much op waring and raiding pking all the time, didnt get boring hardly say that was a 5 min thing and the fact that my clan and enemies kept up at if for so long shows they enjoyed it to

Where you in one of those server dominating clans with like 5 billion people?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5

• joran420joran420 Member Posts: 27

naw as long as you were in a decent sized clan ppl would always be participating in OP wars...I always see you slamming the game...but then I always see you posting on the neocron newbie and beta forums

stop slammin it if ya like it kriminal

and if ya dont like it then why are you still playing?

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by joran420

naw as long as you were in a decent sized clan ppl would always be participating in OP wars...I always see you slamming the game...but then I always see you posting on the neocron newbie and beta forums

stop slammin it if ya like it kriminal
    and if ya dont like it then why are you still playing?

Yes, he's a weirdo, he posts in neocron forums, commenting, and yet, he's flaming in here, yelling and bitching all the time. He's one of the forums trolls, who tries to make things look bad. Just ignore him.

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51

yeah theres enough wrong with NC2 to hate it even if the pvp is decent (which is arguably bad)

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

I'm an SWG Veteran looking for a new MMO and I'm downloading the NC2 Beta now :) Never played NC1. I quit SWG because the GCW/PvP sucked. Hope the PvP is fun in NC2 :)

A former Jedi Knight on SWG Eclipse. Glad I don't play that game anymore :)

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51

I hadnt played NC1 either. I really thought the trailers looked great. Then I downloaded the game and the startup screenl looked great with cool music...

then I got into the game. and I got teleported all around the world. I continue lose items in my inventory. the graphics and connection suck. the way they incorporate vehicles sucks. the naked women thing is overdone (and Im a fan of them btw)

oddly there are a few interesting game ideas, but seriously the game is really crappy.

Avoid this game at all costs.

@Kriminal: sry slow responce not been on site for a while.

i have been part of big clans and little clans, always ive had fun, the clan i was originally in was no more than problerbly 10-12 real players, we op fighted/ pkd whatever.

ya i have also been in large clan was member of The Black Cartel on saturn who were quite large, proberbly 20-30 players not sure of top of head