Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need tips/help finding fellowships/groups...

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

When I started playing a month ago, I really didn't have any trouble finding groups to do quests with, usually someone would say "LFF Questname", I'd reply, and they'd add me to the group.  Or sometimes we'd run into each other while during the quest and join up there.

Recently, since I'be been in my upper teens and low twenties, I mostly seem to be ignored when I reply to LFF request. And when I use LFF myself, it doesn't really draw a response (except the occasional, "You get anyone for _____"?).

Any tips? Is it my class (Champion, admittedly not the most desired)? I was frustrated today and switched to an alt for a while (A Guardian) and didn't have problem finding a group for a lower level quest.  (And note I play on Landroval, not the most popular server, but #3 apparently)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

When I started playing a month ago, I really didn't have any trouble finding groups to do quests with, usually someone would say "LFF Questname", I'd reply, and they'd add me to the group.  Or sometimes we'd run into each other while during the quest and join up there.
    Recently, since I'be been in my upper teens and low twenties, I mostly seem to be ignored when I reply to LFF request. And when I use LFF myself, it doesn't really draw a response (except the occasional, "You get anyone for _____"?).
    Any tips? Is it my class (Champion, admittedly not the most desired)? I was frustrated today and switched to an alt for a while (A Guardian) and didn't have problem finding a group for a lower level quest.  (And note I play on Landroval, not the most popular server, but #3 apparently)

Instead of saying "LFF for "quest name" say something like "I"M putting together a group for "x".

I bet there are players out there who are not much into putting groups together but they would join if someone were to do the "putting together". You could be that person. Another thought is that if someone is yelling to fill out a team for another quest, tell them you will help but you would like them to help with your quest. That might also work.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

Also don't set yourself anonymous. There's little reason to these days, the spam filter catches most of the spam tells. I see (at least on my server) a LOT of people flat out won't invite anonymous people to their groups.

Also see if your server has a popular global LFF user channel you can join. My server has GLFF and I think several other servers use that same channel name. Try /joinchannel GLFF otherwise check your official server forums. Sometimes I get groups easier from GLFF since people not in my current zone might see it and want to help. Don't skip the normal LFF either, since the majority of players don't read forums and therefore may not know about popular user channels.

• serioth1serioth1 Member Posts: 6

Actually as being a champion myelf i never had trouble finding a gropu up until forochel and lvl 48-50 buti quit for other games and i am coming back...but yeah just say "Doing questname anyone need/wat to help pst for invite" and it should get you somewhere if it doesnt then go to bree and ask around however if you're doing kill the nazgul...5.8 if i remember right noone likes that quest bc that thing is damn hard.and also joining an active kinship should help...just look on the forums under your server-kinships