Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent bannings as of today

jdagjdag Member Posts: 48

KFR the lead developer has banned the top two leaders of the most cowardly guild, the Trinovantes. I'm going to have to give a round of applause for this one. Just when I was about to lose total respect for KFR he goes and redeems himself by banning these cowards.

Thanks KFR. Job well done!

Comments

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

From KFR:

The following forum profiles have been permanently banned:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The following forum profiles have been suspended pending results of further investigations:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Owners of the suspended accounts are encouraged to contact us in order to help us proceed with the investigations.

DO NOT attempt to use third party applications to interfere with the operations of the Roma Victor service. DO NOT connect to our servers with an altered client.

Please note that many of the suspended accounts listed above may have been guilty of no more than sharing their account details with the cheaters. This in itself is grounds for a ban so we must once again remind everyone: DO NOT share your account details with anyone. When any accounts is used to break the terms of service and/or the license agreement the owner of the account must be held liable.

Thanks,

-KFR

More:

People deliberately tampered with the game client in order to gain an in-game competitive advantage over other players. They hacked. They cheated. If you'd like us to ignore that kind of activity then you're participating in the wrong community and you will not be missed when you (eventually) leave.

It is unfortunate but I don't see how it's our fault. If anyone wants to get mad, point the finger or call people names, I'd suggest that the two or three people that actually cheated would be a good choice. If they're friends of yours then I'm sorry - it's never easy when a friend lets you down but noone is more disappointed to see another disruption amongst this community than we are.

-KFR

Another quote:

I'll be clear. In response to player-submitted abuse reports, we checked the server logs and confirmed that the server had automatically created special logs concerning some streams that appeared to contain anomalous data. These streams were connected to Roneth/Ronneth and Theud69 and upon further investigation we confirmed that they had been cheating.

-KFR

This is not really all that noteworthy.  I just wanted to quote the official word from RB before the flaming and crying begins.  What it comes down to is that people cheated.  They got caught.  They got punished.  The end.

• jaxon1234jaxon1234 Member Posts: 17

Standard playbook when people get busted cheating is all of his buddies rally around and try to make them into  some kind of martyr.  Before all these kids come out of the woodwork trying to deny that these guys cheated, they should step back and look at 1 thing:

Every minute KFR and DGH spent sifting through game logs trying to figure out what these guys did, was one minute they weren't working on one of the many things this game NEEDS:  Mounts, fortifications, guildhall destruction, vandalism, legit barbarian armor, and many others.

So I won't be shedding a tear for these guys.  Truth be told, they were legit fighters and had done perfectly well without using cheats.  It's just the mentality this game fosters where people aren't happy with winning 3/5 fights, when they can cheat and win 5/5.  Then they want to cry when it comes back to bite them in the ass.  Forum hacking, test client abuse, 3rd party programs, you name it.

Definite kudos to the dev team though, it would have been way too easy to look the other way and let these guys' crap continue, even at the expense of other paying customers.  Fortunately they showed a little backbone this time, much to their credit.

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

you guys are real dicks, They were cool guys. They are just people.

I know 100% for sure a few that are cheating, I do nothing about it. It piss's me off tho. But I do nothing to see if KFR can catch them. And I guess KFR has no idea. after this pile of BS.

The ones That are cheating right now in ROMA VICTOR are still "playing" right under the spot light.

Its a sad day for roma victor, a group of players are going to fade away. that whole guild will crumble and most of the action that was fueling roma victor will fade with it,. We are going to see a dry season,.

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

There's only one way to get banned for cheating, and that's by cheating.  People don't get banned because of abuse reports.  They get banned for CHEATING.  I could give a damn how "cool" a cheater is.  I would also rather have no one to fight than play against cheaters.

It's always the same with cheaters: their friends blindly defend them.  They try to justify the players' actions, rationalize, make excuses for them, or just refuse to accept it.  They blame everyone but the cheater because they are friends.  I mean, Christ...Roneth was a multiple offense cheater who had aleady been banned TWICE before and came back under new names to continue cheating.  How stupid.

Those players cheating is what ruins the game, not them getting banned.  Hey, here's a novel idea: just play the damn game and don't cheat.  Simple.

• Glorious18thGlorious18th Member Posts: 1

Its no skocker here that I have had my issues with RB/ RV in the past but overall I am still here playing after 2 years. In this matter they are 100% right and were forced into a corner and I cant say anything but WELL done KFR.

In this matter i can only stand beside them and promote their dream for a simply fair playing field.

Glorious

• VandurielVanduriel Member Posts: 94

Locked.

This forum is not for personal attacks, insulting each others mothers, questioning someones sexuality and real life threats.

Do not let it happen again.

This discussion has been closed.