Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer NDA lift mahaha

ok :D now i expect everyone to tell everyone everything about warhammer on this THIS topic thankg god for the NDA lift we avergae players who didnt get in the beta will be waiting

Comments

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

One thing I do not understand about gamers, particularly younger or not so well educated gamers, is their faithfulness to the NDA and their willingness to illegally download music.

The NDA is not legally enforceable.  Illegally downloading music, games, and movies is legally enforceable.

It just surprises how willingly some people steal and sacrafice their First Amendment rights, often several times in the same day.  (laughs about it in real life)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

There's an entire forum dedicated just for this.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/179

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DloreDlore Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Originally posted by grunty

There's an entire forum dedicated just for this.
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/179

lol I just realized that this is in the General Discussion, OP why didnt you post this in the RIGHT spot?....

*facepalm*

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by declaredemer

One thing I do not understand about gamers, particularly younger or not so well educated gamers, is their faithfulness to the NDA and their willingness to illegally download music.

The NDA is not legally enforceable.  Illegally downloading music, games, and movies is legally enforceable.

It just surprises how willingly some people steal and sacrafice their First Amendment rights, often several times in the same day.  (laughs about it in real life)

okay rousseau...

the 'kids' who abide by nda's are more terrified of losing their beta access than legal enforcement.

Entertainment > Law

Thus, they also 'steal' copywritten entertainment

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

grunty this topic is better :D

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Game is fun....... does that help?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

omgz someone share their secrets!!!11

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

Wrong, just because no company will sue anyone if they break NDA doesnt mean is not legally enforced.

Just like all the agreement "by pressing I Accept button" from games, downloads...etc. No one will waste the time and effort to catch you doesnt mean is not legal.

So breaking NDA, download pirate game/music/movies AND stealing are the same thing, what about killing? 

• TecknicTecknic Member Posts: 458

I haven't gotten to play the game, but from the little I've seen, it appears to be rather similar to World of Warcraft (particularly in the play-screen layout and the overall style of gameplay).  Is this observation accurate, Mr. No-Longer-Bound-By-The-Non-Disclosure-Agreement, or is it... not accurate?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Playing: Nothing
    Played: Champions Online, CoX, STO, PSO, WoW, lots of free-to-play crap
    Looking Forward To: DC Universe Online, Blade and Soul

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

I'm educated and I pirate music.

my Lab TA's pirate music.

I dont think education factors into the equation.

Maybe it has more to do with your pompous attitude?

edit: besides any educated person knows that paying for CD's and music is dead, the music industry is just trying desperatly to save their big wads of cash without having to actually do anything inventive or creative.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by Munki

I'm educated, and im even not pompus! I dont think education factors into the equation.

Stealing is stealing. If you like the music why not credit the creator? If you can't afford the music, you can live without it.

They don't teach morals in school. Parents teach morals.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Kabbax

I'm educated, and im even not pompus! I dont think education factors into the equation.

Stealing is stealing. If you like the music why not credit the creator? If you can't afford the music, you can live without it.

can't beat that fact.

Originally posted by Kabbax

No, stealing is not stealing. Stealing a car, stealing a child, and stealing a piece of data that sounds pretty are very different. If you cant see that im afraid you missed a lot more than just "morals" growing up.

Its common knowledge the music industry is just too lazy and cheap to come up with a creative solution. Lool at what metallica is doing with guitar hero.

Concert sales are still high. Interactive music is taking over in the home market.

getting bend out of shape over stealing music is the same thing as getting bent out shape when the traffic is going 100 in an 80 zone. Everyone just goes 100, its not enforced, nobody cares. Not all rules and laws are equal.

i am sure if you were a musician who's life and income depended on the sale of your music you would think differently

Originally posted by miagisan

i am sure if you were a musician who's life and income depended on the sale of your music you would think differently

No, I wouldn't. They still make the same amout of money.

Famous musicians still drive 5 cars, and live in mansions.

Hollywood is doing just fine.

Concerts still pull in huge revenue for artists.

I see no "Huge" impact on the working musicians life.

They still make money from Radio play.

They still make money from "celebrity" endorsement.

and the small musicians dont get pirated cause their small.

ok.....lets turn this around....what profession are you currently working in or craft?

Im a 3rd year university student, cosc major witha minor in math.

No, I wouldnt be upset it somebody pirated my program

Thats one more person whos using my product, learning how to use my software, and one more company that may buy a license of my program cause their worker is trained in my program.

Or better yet, I could be educated and creative and realize the piracy problem and work off add revenue on a free product, or offer it along side a subscription service.

I could adapt and accept the times, rather than bitch and expect the government to save my outdated methods.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Too bad one of the most famous Punk Bands Pennywise, put out their latest albums for free to download  simply because you dont need to sell albums, the money is made in touring. If your greedy you try to sell thousands of CD's .real muscians dont need to. they make more than an average living off touring.

-Jive

so say you spent ummm $20,000 to produce software and such in a lab.....supposed to be the next big thing in whatever. After selling about $10,000 worth of product, suddenly in dwindles to nothing, or such a low income you basically sell 1 item every month. You are in the red. Next thing you know, you are surfing the net and see your software free and cracked. You are no longer making substantial income and you have not made back what you invested. You would not be happy.

Actually...never mind....i see you are still a college student. I was the same way. I am a geologist, i work with the petroleum industry. I graduated thinking i was going to save the world, pro bono, etc. 2 years in, marriage, mortgage, kid, i am looking for the highest bidder to pay me in my field. College/High school students have a great view of the world, i was the same. But reality will sink in. You will be looking for the highest pay when you get out...i have no doubts about that.

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Too bad one of the most famous Punk Bands Pennywise, put out their latest albums for free to download  simply because you dont need to sell albums, the money is made in touring. If your greedy you try to sell thousands of CD's .real muscians dont need to. they make more than an average living off touring.

-Jive

well thank you for stealing one of my bullets...

...jerk

-Jive

well thank you for stealing one of my bullets...

...jerk

pssshhh why dont you just go Steal them from me...you pirate!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!

-jive

-Jive

Real musicians...right......real musicians would do it for the love of the music according to you..they are not in it for the money....REAL musicians would not charge you a cover charge, ticket prices, or sales. All their music should be free.

-Jive

Real musicians...right......real musicians would do it for the love of the music according to you..they are not in it for the money....REAL musicians would not charge you a cover charge, ticket prices, or sales. All their music should be free.

Why are you contradicting yourself?

You just said we shouldnt pirate music and movies!?!! and now your saying that everything they do should be free???

Whats wrong with you?!!?!

-Jive

-Jive

Why are you contradicting yourself?

You just said we shouldnt pirate music and movies!?!! and now your saying that everything they do should be free???

Whats wrong with you?!!?!

-Jive

you are saying that REAL musicians wouldn't charge for their music....well then software developers, inventors, etc shouldn't charge for their products.

and you said their latest album is being distributed for free.....what about all their other albums? I am sure they could afford to throw 1 bone to the public for free since they are "the most famous punk band ever", 1 album will not break their income...but what if every album they sell in the future is free.....either willingly or against their wishes....think they would still do it?

This discussion has been closed.