Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just hope the PVE is just as good

PVP is a different kind of fun, more like the adrenalin rush you get playing sports.  But very good PVE can be spooky, suspensful, and atmospheric.

To me, PVP is like DAOC or Shadowbane

but the best PVE is like crawling through Mistmoore or Lower Guk. 

I prefer the latter gameplay.  Hope WAR is still my kind of game.

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by pencilrick

PVP is a different kind of fun, more like the adrenalin rush you get playing sports.

One of the best descriptions of PvP I've read. You hit the nail on the head.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

PvE is mixed into the PvP if you watch some gameplay videos. However, don't expect the endgame PvE to be that great. They already have enough content in the game already, I can't imagine the raids being anything special.

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

PVP is a different kind of fun, more like the adrenalin rush you get playing sports.  But very good PVE can be spooky, suspensful, and atmospheric.

To be honest I think you should stick with world of warcraft. Wow is mostly based on pve which is very good btw in wow (imo). And war is more of the pvp kind.

Warhammer:

Classes are balanced in pvp and then the pve part of the game is balanced towards the classes.

Wow:

Classes are first balanced towards pve and then a bit towards pvp.

• TsukanoTsukano Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

PvE is mixed into the PvP if you watch some gameplay videos. However, don't expect the endgame PvE to be that great. They already have enough content in the game already, I can't imagine the raids being anything special.

actually they might be, remember some of the biggest PvE raids come from seiging the other sides city. 24 man raid against the king? sounds awsome to me. and in the comic con interview they said that it wasnt gonna be something that you can just decide "hey lets kill there king!" no he is gonna be a badass mofo and smack you around. (not quoted directly btw). also they said there are several dungeons that are PvE (infact no PvP dungeons like The Labyrinth or Darkness Falls from DAoC are planed yet) .

PvE as good as LoTRO? maybe not, but it will still be good.

Protip: If someone does NOT list at least one positive and one negative about the game they are critiquing, its best to ignore the post.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

PvE is most certainly not the focus of the game, I would not buy it unless you at least somewhat enjoy PvP. You know how most games are like 75% PvE with 25% PvP thrown in at the end.  This game is the opposite, 75% PvP with 25% PvE thrown in. 

Most games release with pretty solid PvE but missing PvP, this one is going to be the opposite, the PvE will not be as polished as the PvP.

• NikolaiownzNikolaiownz Member Posts: 73

Yeah i remember pvp i wow on release, you dident even get any honor from killing an enemy. :)

http://www.guilduniverse.com/waaagh - New Danish Warhammer Online GUILD!

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563
    Originally posted by Ender4
    Most games release with pretty solid PvE but missing PvP, this one is going to be the opposite, the PvE will not be as polished as the PvP.

Really? They've had me convinced that the PVE is going to be a fun part of the game in itself...definetly not as fun as the RVR, but  300 PQ's, and a few hundred hours of other PVE things to do dosen't sound too bad to me.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Narshe

Really? They've had me convinced that the PVE is going to be a fun part of the game in itself...definetly not as fun as the RVR, but  300 PQ's, and a few hundred hours of other PVE things to do dosen't sound too bad to me.

PQ's are fun trust me they are really a blast. :P

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

Expect the endgame to be great.

Except the endgame to be a mix of PvE and PvP.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

There are no raids only open world dungeons witha  6 man boss.   There's only 1 instance per realm in the entire game that needs 24 people and thats the King Instance at the end of a City Siege.

god damn it typos are over running me today I should of slept more than 5 hours.

• MalallMalall Member Posts: 135

You wont find the same PVE feeling as you did crawling through mistmoore or lower guk or karnor`s  castle or mushroom grove  in WAR, you need Vanguard for that.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

This is Mythic we're talking about, DAoC was the best MMO in history, WAR has to be good.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by banthis

There are no raids only open world dungeons witha  6 man box.   There's only 1 instance per realm in the entire game that needs 24 people and thats the King Instance at the end of a City Siege.

This actually kind of made my day. So called "raids" that only let 24 people in are just stupid...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Perfect would be a game that feels like PVE but instead of computer AI your enemies are real players !

This is what i expect WAR to be

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107

Even if that specific one only lets 24 people kill the king, the everything leading up to that point is a public quest, so lots of people are gonna need to help out. There was a whole podcast on the changes they made to the final stages of RVR.

• Chaos113Chaos113 Member Posts: 43

The PVE is awesome. Public Quests are the best thing since sliced bread. They make grinding fun.

• justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Emotions

To be honest I think you should stick with world of warcraft. Wow is mostly based on pve which is very good btw in wow (imo). And war is more of the pvp kind.

Warhammer:

Classes are balanced in pvp and then the pve part of the game is balanced towards the classes.

Wow:

Classes are first balanced towards pve and then a bit towards pvp.

you must not have played wow in quite a time if you still think this is true. everything is balanced towards pvp because of failrena.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

PQs are fun but there is more to PvE than just leveling content.  When you are talking end game raids and 6 man dungeons etc.  Again I'm not saying they aren't in the game, I'm saying they won't be as polished as the PvP content. 

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

Yes the pve will still be fun. There is alot of pve content. 3 dungeons in the cities (3extra dungeons if you get the other city down), Kings encounters, lots of good quests and PQ's, explorartion of the world(secret stuff is hidden), You got the vast tome of knowkledge unlocks like clicking yourself 100 times to get a title "I touched my self". And alot more

• ninjaartzninjaartz Member CommonPosts: 24

I wouldn't expect too much at launch.  WAR is first and foremost focused on PvP combat.  Give it some time and I guarantee you that several PvE instances and raids will be thrown in patches/expansions after launch, that is somehow related to Warhammer Lore.  So either way you can look forward too it, because Warhammer Lore is amazing in it's own right.

• morbiusvmorbiusv Member Posts: 86

They have already annouced the biggest pve raid will be against the king which is still pvp involved. There will be no 25 or 40 man raids in instances. The biggest grp for pve instance is 6 peopl. Public quest can are pretty much an infinite number of people but you dont have to be grouped to do them and wiht enough people there arent really hard. If your looking for Eq or wow type raids your not going to ever find them in war.They want to keep itemization balanced as possible so that everyone can be on the same page when battleing.So like back in pre-bc wow the t3 guilds would own the whole server in pvpthat won't happen in war. If your one the the epeen gear whores you won't find that in war.

Originally posted by ninjaartz

I wouldn't expect too much at launch.  WAR is first and foremost focused on PvP combat.  Give it some time and I guarantee you that several PvE instances and raids will be thrown in patches/expansions after launch, that is somehow related to Warhammer Lore.  So either way you can look forward too it, because Warhammer Lore is amazing in it's own right.

you have NO idea how wrong you are about this.  WAR is not a PVP game its an RVR game which encompasses the need for all activites PvP & PvE.   The central core for how the mechanics like the stats & combat etc are based aroudn PVP and then PvE environment is based around that but content wise there's a HUGE PvE focus and a PvP Focus.    The difference between this and other games is you can actually SKIP the PvE focus if you want too since PvP is an equal & very very viable path of progression and it becomes the main path of progression by end game.   (once you reach 40 all thats left is RvR ranks gained only through PvP).

Anyone coming to WAR thinking its all PvP and PvE is going to be lame have either a big surprise in a good or bad fashion depending on what they're looking for.

Actually I'm not wrong as I played DAoC, and know exactly what "RvR' is.  RvR may add some different scenarios that involve NPC and PvE combat, but that does not change the fact that it is still PvP in the long run. 

As you pointed out yourself

(once you reach 40 all thats left is RvR ranks gained only through PvP).

That is exactly why they will add some more PvE raids, as any good game producer knows that sure they can get all of the people that love PvP into the game and keep them there, but what about people that love PvE?  I guarantee you they already thought about this as well and have future plans for some PvE scenarios alone for raiding.

I'm not saying this will take away from the focus of RvR or any of the PvP scenarios they may use in the future, but there are always definite possibilities, especially when you have a video game designer such as Paul Barnett who is passionate about what he is making, and wants to satisfy the people.

Originally posted by ninjaartz

Actually I'm not wrong as I played DAoC, and know exactly what "RvR' is.  RvR may add some different scenarios that involve NPC and PvE combat, but that does not change the fact that it is still PvP in the long run. 
    As you pointed out yourself
    (once you reach 40 all thats left is RvR ranks gained only through PvP).
    That is exactly why they will add some more PvE raids, as any good game producer knows that sure they can get all of the people that love PvP into the game and keep them there, but what about people that love PvE?  I guarantee you they already thought about this as well and have future plans for some PvE scenarios alone for raiding.
    I'm not saying this will take away from the focus of RvR or any of the PvP scenarios they may use in the future, but there are always definite possibilities, especially when you have a video game designer such as Paul Barnett who is passionate about what he is making, and wants to satisfy the people.

1. This is not Dark Age of Camolet this isn't DAoC 2 either.

2.  They've already expressed their dislike for raids & exclusive content so bye bye raids.  Hell the 1 24man instance isn't even exclusive once the city is open anyone can go expect lots of PUGS.

3.  Did I say this wasn't DAoC2?

If you've read, watched and listened they've planned this around an evolved form of RvR in which the PvE & the PvP are harmoneous.   Being that I'm In Beta I can assure you that your pretty damn wrong about the PvE content I just can't tell you why until the NDA lifts.

1.  I never said this was DAoC, but when comparing RvR theres very few games in which can do that.

2.  It doesn't matter how much they dislike raids, as if they don't add some new types in the game will get dull and people will leave.  It's happened in so many games.  PvP is great but I guarantee you that there smart enough to realize that a game can't survive on it alone.  If anything they will create new types of of scenarios never seen before, but no one knows that (That includes beta testers, and yes I am one too, and am not speaking based of theories.)

3.  Yeah I think you covered that.

Like I said I, and my entire guild have been in closed beta for months, and although I know where your coming from, you like several others don't seem to be able to open your minds.  Your fixated on what is "currently there," and not looking at the future.  All good games nowadays even while making the original game, are planning expansions (Some even making them at the same time).  I also can't point out many things as well, but yes PvE and PvP will be used at the same time.  I never denied that.  Paul loves lore, and if you have ever talked with some of the creators of the games at any game fairs/cons and actually talk to them 1 on 1 you would learn a lot more about on where the game is going, and not just based on what you have been reading.