Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why?

Since launch I haven't seen any TV ads from this game. Compare to Pirate of the Carribean, which most of us laugh when we saw the graphics, this game failed to attract attention from casual gamers. Good thing I read the Beta tester's review before buying it, now I save some dough for Warhammer!

Comments

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Ah, another Warhammerite.  I think I'm fed up with MMO's at this time, especially that I know which types of players are now headed to Warhammer -- your game-hopping usual suspects dragging their entire guild with them.

TV ads?  How many games, of any kind, rely on TV ads?  World of Warcraft  -- and as far as I know we don't get them in Canada.  For most games, conventional marketing just isn't worth it.  A few well-placed ads in PC Gamer and other gaming magazines, a few spots on gaming websites such as this one, and perhaps tons of viral marketing.  This is one type of product for which a conventional marketing campaign is useless.

As for comparison to PotC, never tried it myself, though I'm tempted to see for myself.  Nonetheless, this has been sold as a "kiddie" game, rightly or not because of the Disney name, and is unlikely to cater to the same demographic as PotBS is trying to reach.

I don't think Warhammer will have a large impact on PotBS as compared to, say, Age of Conan.