Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of the biggest mistakes for this game..

zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
it's quite simple.. the name.  Dark Age of CAMELOT.  On nearly every server the Albs outpopulate the other two realms.  Just because you like Midgard or Hibernia you want to always and forever be the underdog? That's stupid. Mythic should randomly delete on Alb account on a daily basis (kidding). But seriously I wish they would think of better ways to keep things balanced.  Such as maybe, on each server, don't let new accounts start on the most populated realm unless they know a friend who's name they would use as a 'password', which could only be used once. What do you think?

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
     Strange how people always claim the other realms were the "underdogs" to albion considering when i quit Alb Lanc. Darkness Falls was only held by alb for a day or two at the most and relics were never ours 

Pan

Pan

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    right. well on my server today there were 1700 people on, about 300 in Midgard..that leaves 1400 left to split between the other 2 realms.  If that's not underdog don't know what is.  Also since I've been playing again the past month I haven't seen any realm other than Albion possess the relics, but that doesn't even really bother me.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well since the first year of DAoC europe(excaliber) i can't recall albion owning a relic.

But i been gone for a while so i went to the website and checked.STILL albion has no relic.

I think the problem is every realm feels they are underpowered and underdogs.

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116

yep eavh realm does think its toons are the weekest and the other two are the strongeres. but i belive that the albs if everything is the same are the weekest . but most of the time thay outnumber the other realm so it evens out . or makes them stronger if the numbers are way out .

• AshwynnAshwynn Member Posts: 23

Yea - the pop balance question thingy got real bad. At one point - Albs owned 77% of all relics. Mythic had to scramble to fix it, There response. Relics dont mean anything, made them housed in keeps outside the relic gate so mid and hibs could take them back. now Albs dont even bother.

On Merlin one night we decided to take a keep (just a keep, not a relic) we had about 100 total, hibs had maybe 75(give or take a few) Albs not only sent out 400 to beat us down, then sent 400 to Hibs to start taking keeps there so we hadf to pull out of alb land and defend. When your numbers allow you to comfortably defend your keeps AND attack other realms forcing them into a defense. How can you call this fun. No matter what we do, albs win. You tell me wheres the fun in this. Albs, by sheer numbers alone, ruined this game. Mythic now has no idea how to fix it and are basically pleading with players to switch realms to balance it. needless to say, many mids and hibs left to join albs, making the problem way worse.

and this says nothing about class imbalance (sorcerers) and the range imbalance. Albs scouts and sorc can actually stand on a tower and shoot you full of love, while you can do nothing about it cause they are out of your range, yet they pummle you with bolts and arrows. Our fearless tanks, worthless in NF.

The games gone down the crapper and when wow and EQ 2 release look out and stand clear of the doors, as you will get trampled to death by the leaving players.

• BlackTalonBlackTalon Member Posts: 75

The problem that i had from this game from the get go was that everyone looked the same. All the models for each class or race were the same other than the dyed colours. Either there was a troll in all red chainmail, all blue, ...I duno just having everyone look the same with nothing unique really ruined it for me.

I'm sure if I stuck with it for awhile longer maybe it would have changed but I lost interest after a couple months.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I remember the population being big problem. Not to mention that on Merlin isn't there a cheat(3rd party program) that Mythic can't fight against that allows either Alb or Mid to see where every Hib is once they  enter the Frontier? The only server this happens from what I remember, didn't go into the frontier on merlin for a few reasons.

Trials of Atlantis. From the rewards of this expansion it seem to totally turn the Realm vs. Realm over its head, not  to mention just the normal perks from RvR. If you didn't have a lot of time to play you were behind in these extra skills. So in the end RvR came the home for the powergamers. This why I love it when the Battlegrounds were put in. No only could you enjoy the RvR, if on a smaller scale, it was done in such a way that even if  you were casual you could still keep up since you could only advance so far. High levle people would create and create lvl 30s or lvl 20s to play in the BG, and fight over one tower then go out into the Frontier. Relics being in the hands of the Albs 80% of the time wasn't that good. When I started they held them so I really didn't notice the benefits of having them until much later when Hib actually got them back for a few days but  Alb by numbers alone, forget class balancing, rule the RvR.

True realms will say they are the underdog but it really is true on certain servers where their lack of actual numbers when compared with realms on their server cause them to be the underdog and to always be on the losing side.

I always wish the free /level 30s and 20s would have been granted to everyone for a fee or if you had an account older then a certain amount of time. I think more people would be willing to come back then if they knew they wouldn't have to start over from the bottom if they wanted a change of character or didn't have to play the character that made them quit.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    wow lol

Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vlyden 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 40 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib