Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server list published?

Hurray!!! Finally a release date.  I see a lot of folks stressing out over minor stuff (codes for open beta, head start program details)  but no mention of big stuff like a pre-published server list.

I have yet to see and am far more concerned about a published server list.  That would be so helpful so we can start coordinating with friends/family who are currenly playing a dozen different games.  Have I just missed it somewhere?  Have any of you who are in the Beta privy to any release server details?  Come release day everyone wants to be playing not frantically trying to reach people to coordinate servers.

Thanks in advance for any info 

Comments

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891

i haven't seen one on any of the WAR forums so i don't think one has been released

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

So far the server list is like this:

Core Server

RP Server with Core Rule settings

Open RvR(Maybe not confirmed yet)

Rp Server with Open RvR rule settings (Open RvR is still not confirmed and are not sure they will release a Open RvR with a RP setting.)

So far, no names are set. And Open RvR may or may not be at launch, but WILL be implemented.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

In the Latest Q&A they say that there is going to be one type of server or more acturatly they say there will not be a PvE server (At lauch) so I think they have drop the 3 server type Idea and are just going with Core for launch with other types to follow

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804
    Originally posted by Kalmarth

In the Latest Q&A they say that there is going to be one type of server or more acturatly they say there will not be a PvE server (At lauch) so I think they have drop the 3 server type Idea and are just going with Core for launch with other types to follow

You do understand Core servers are the PvE servers, right?

You should have just linked the Q&A, or quoted it.

STOP WHINING!

• smiley123smiley123 Member UncommonPosts: 174

Here is a link for the server types/rule types. warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Server

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

I would like to know too..

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Any word on the actual release date of servers?

I'm sorry I should of calarified the point, yes Core is PvE but that kind of makes people think that there is NO PvP on the servers, which is not true, I just find that PvE is a bad way to discribe the type of server that they are putting up for launch, again sorry for any confusion

A good link Smiley

Core Ruleset

Standard game mechanics. RvR combat between players will be limited to RvR areas. Players will be able to flag themselves to fight enemy players in their own PvE areas if they wish and will automatically be flagged in enemy-controlled PvE areas.

This is the only one they will have at release will post the link to the Q&A where they say this soon as I finish redownloading the triple podcast.

• andeemann10andeemann10 Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by TheSheikh

Originally posted by Kalmarth

You do understand Core servers are the PvE servers, right?

You should have just linked the Q&A, or quoted it.

When Mythic says "PvE server" they mean a server that is PvE. Not Blizzard's crazy definition that is it's a litle less than a PvP server it then means it must be a "PvE" server.

------------------------------
    "Capitalism is currently working as intended."

• JackthecatJackthecat Member Posts: 277

Open RvR servers = WAR is everywhere

Core RvR = WAR in RvR Zones

RP = Role-playing with core ruleset

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108077949/p1/?62

------------------------------
    Meow

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/video/Gamesday2008_QandA_BR1000_Pt3.rar

If you goto 8:20 in on this pod cast it covers the question  "Will there be servers with diffrent rule sets?"