Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you ready forsome Football?

I Big Shout Out for my Dallas Cowboys!!! Woot!!! Its almost time my fellow gamers. This thread is for all you Football Fans to give your team whoever that may be a shout out:P

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

E A G L E S Eagles!

Oh, you're a Dallas fan..you're now my rival

oh, and I hope Romo fumbles again! ha!

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Colts fan myself, family is all pretty much from Indiana

But I'll give you the same line that I give every year at the beginning of football season:

"I don't care if the Colts win the Super Bowl, as long as it's anybody but the Patriots."

Seriously, I hate the pats with a passion that very few people understand

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• jinbobjinbob Member Posts: 73

Yea im pretty excited, im rooting for the denver broncos and cowboys. Never get to see ny broncos games though there never played here so that sucks.

• SareSare Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Battleskar

I Big Shout Out for my Dallas Cowboys!!! Woot!!! Its almost time my fellow gamers. This thread is for all you Football Fans to give your team whoever that may be a shout out:P

REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS! THEY FILLED UP THEIR TAYLOR HOLE IN THE TEAM! THEY IS UNBEATABLE NOW!

Originally posted by Sare

Originally posted by Battleskar

REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS! THEY FILLED UP THEIR TAYLOR HOLE IN THE TEAM! THEY IS UNBEATABLE NOW!

They'll lose in the first round of the playoffs at best.

My predictions are never wrong =P

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

Originally posted by Nasica

To paraphrase a old Australian Rugby League shirt i used to own.
    I support the Greenbay Packers, and whoever is playing the Patriots.

Nasica!!!

AWHMAGAWD

and /agree

I can't help but like the Packers for some reason, I know that it has a lot to do with Favre, but I know for a fact that I won't be a Jets fan this year...

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Nasica

To paraphrase a old Australian Rugby League shirt i used to own.
    I support the Greenbay Packers, and whoever is playing the Patriots.

i am also a packer's fan and hate the patriots. Although, now that favre is gone, im really not looking forward to this season.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

DA BEARS

Im ready for football but sick of hearing about Farve. Should just kick his ass out of the NFL got what he did to GB.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

The Detroit Lions are going to the Superbowl this year. They have taken advantage of the early discounts, and booked their airfare.......

They will be sitting right down front in the first several rows at the 50 yard line so they have an unobstructed view to see how the game is really supposed to be played.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

Yup the England game on the 20th and I hope we stopped sucking.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

I came here expecting some topic on Football and all i got was a topic on American Football

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Vikings, lets go.

• JohnMonnJohnMonn Member Posts: 10

I'm an Eagles fan and Colts fan.  It doesn't really matter to me which team wins, but the Colts have a better chance than the Eagles do. 

I cannot listen to one more thing about Brett Farve... he should have just stayed retired.  I think it bugged him that his last throw of what would have been his career was intercepted.  If that's why he came back, then all that needed to be done was for him to get a 1 week contract and just play for a few plays until he throws a completion, then never play again.

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

I came here expecting some topic on Football and all i got was a topic on American Football

Soccer trolls...you guys are ridiculous, go make your own thread O_O

YOu wouldn't believe how many times I've been reported and banned because of some very tame things taht I have said to the soccer fans on this forum, so I have to watch what I say, you guys are a sensitive bunch...Kind of explains why you like Soccer more than football.

Yeah, I said it.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Out of curiosity why is American Football called American 'Football'?

And i am no troll, i meerly came here to read about real football and realised i got the meaning of the title wrong.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Football = Playing with your foot. (yes I meant soccer)

Thread title was misleading.

Damnit yankees!

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Out of curiosity why is American Football called American 'Football'?

And i am no troll, i meerly came here to read about real football and realised i got the meaning of the title wrong.

Football used to be real football in the US, aka soccer.

When 2 US shools adopted the game from England they started to play with their hands and 2 sports evolved. The 2 universities chose to make American Football their main Uni sport and the bastard child was born, while in the rest of europe people continued to play with their feet and keep calling it football.

• ZooguyZooguy Member Posts: 1

i don't like football..it takes so long time to get a high point..so i like basketball more~~it's exciting~it has higher technic~

Originally posted by Zooguy

i don't like football..it takes so long time to get a high point..so i like basketball more~~it's exciting~it has higher technic~

The only important part of a basketball game are the last two minutes, the rest of it can usually be thrown out the window.

And if by higher technic, you mean that it's more of a technique and finesse game...well, you're wrong.

Go play any position in football and then tell me that it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of technique, even line positions which usually get panned for being big on strength and low on technique take a surprising amount of skill to play effectively.

• Feeling_songFeeling_song Member Posts: 1

i like most sports..including football..i don't think it's boring although it may take long time to get the high point. when the football gets through the goal..oh my god..without breathing..

A guy I played with in high school got drafted to the Buffalo Bills...Look for Steve Johnson to be playing Wide Reciever (You may know him as the Kentucky Wild Cat that cought the game winning touchdown pass against LSU last season)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQMT5BWXlU

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122803

What's funny is that we only went 1-9 and 5-5 in the two seasons that we played together in high school, and I almost got into a fight with him once when we first met...fun times haha

• mbg1411mbg1411 Member UncommonPosts: 109

There are a lot of NFC East fans in this topic. With that said I fill sorry for you because the Redskins are gonna PWN ALL!!!! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS *****ES!