Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ II Beta Update from John Smedley !!!

MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

"The EverQuest II Beta is proceeding extremely well. We’ve been running the English, French and German beta servers and have been really happy to see the responses from not only the people in North America, but also our friends in the UK, France and Germany. Soon we’ll be opening up another English server, begin the open phase of our beta and lift the NDA.

On another note, we’ve almost nailed down the final number of CD’s (or DVD’s) for the retail box. It’s looking like EQ II is going to ship on between 9 and 10 CD’s or 2 DVD’s. There is just a massive amount of content. People have been asking whether or not we intend to patch voiceover on an ongoing basis. The answer to that is yes. We’ll be adding an optional “VO channel” to our patching system, so people that want to can receive constant VO updates as we add new quests to the game once it’s been launched. Our intention is to always add more VO to the game when we’re adding new quests.

Will this slow down adding live content? No... because we won’t let it. If the quests get ahead of our ability to deliver VO, that’s ok. But as it stands right now, we’ve been able to get our VO smoothly integrated into our quest creation process... and that’s helped the quality of writing tremendously. It’s really given a huge lift to the lore and fiction of EverQuest II and it’s been awesome to see the process of weaving stories into this incredibly deep world become something that’s really streamlined, including getting it recorded in English, French and German.

I look forward to seeing you in Beta!

John Smedley
President, Sony Online Entertainment"

::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

lol..............................http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/446/loadthread/22420/setstart/1/loadclass/145

----------------------------------------------
    EQ2 Qeynos guild -

www.imperium-arcanum.com

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Happens quite alot on these forums. Anyways, now I'm really glad I got the DVD version. Don't want to deal with 10 CDs. Also the Voice updates sound cool too.

---------------------------- Desolation Guild Website ---------------------------
    Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

10 CDs will prolly take about 30min to download completely.

And besides...if u r gonna sit there and rot for years playing an mmo of these epic proportions...then what's another 30 minutes.

See you all in hellimage

Joined - July 2004

• FiftyThree53FiftyThree53 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by remyburke
    10 CDs will prolly take about 30min to download completely.
    And besides...if u r gonna sit there and rot for years playing an mmo of these epic proportions...then what's another 30 minutes.
    See you all in hellimage

Only 30 minutes to Download 10 CDs?

Oh man i need to get whatever internet you have....

• DevineDevine Member Posts: 58

10 CD's or 2 DVD's.  Thats a tremendous amount of data, but I am glad they are making so much of the game data a client based event.  Can you imagine the bandwidth we would require if they didnt do this.

I love the idea of having an option on VO's for future updates; however, I can't imagine many people not updating the Voice Overs.  It would certainly destract from the game play if the voice and text message from an NPC were different.

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

this will truly be a great game. These guys are working so hard on it. And all this work they put into it is just amazing.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    thanks for the update, probably going to get the dvd version myself, i hate fumbling around a bunch of cds and changing them while im installing something.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

I'm also happy I'm getting the DVD version.  Thanks for the update.

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• KanggKangg Member Posts: 33

This is indeed good news. I can hardly wait, Ive never been this excited about a game, EVER !!!!!!!

::::28::

"You and your kind have ruined your own lands ! you'll not ruin mine ! "

• girsnoopygirsnoopy Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Kangg

This is indeed good news. I can hardly wait, Ive never been this excited about a game, EVER !!!!!!!
    ::::28::

You took the words out of my mouth!! you are my god! lol

You see that mmorpg.com is giving out CD keys? omg ive never won a mmorpg contest

this is the only one I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna win!!!!

Oh please mmorpg.com i want into this beta so bad EQ2 loooks so sweet and i wanna help test it and give my feedback to the devs. I will be critcal and tell them the game needs imrovements in given areas! PLZ PICK MEEE lol!

Yeah if i dont get into beta via mmorpg.com's contest hopefuly ill get in with the open beta coming soon becuse i signed up for beta like the day it went live on there site =)