Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'We Hate Funcom' section needed

DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

The AoC and AO forums are being flooded with trolls that have a grief with Funcom. You gave the SOE haters their own section, and I think you should do the same for this new generation.

Comments

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by darwa

The AoC and AO forums are being flooded with trolls that have a grief with Funcom. You gave the SOE haters their own section, and I think you should do the same for this new generation.

eh preaching to the choir i made a thread the other day with a poll and everything saying they needed the section.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

I think the forums do just fine, although Anarchy Online is still fine (it's out of the crappy part of Funcom's hands).

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Nadril

I think the forums do just fine, although Anarchy Online is still fine (it's out of the crappy part of Funcom's hands).

That's because you're one of the haters.

From a neutrals point of view, it's a problem.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It doesn't do any good.  It only heightens the "us vs them" feelings.  All it does is give territory to be invaded to each side of the issue.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by grunty

It doesn't do any good.  It only heightens the "us vs them" feelings.  All it does is give territory to be invaded to each side of the issue.

I disagree.

It's not often I have to wade through '$OE SUX' posts to read up on what's happening in SWG or EQ as a result of their seperate section.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Lord knows this kind of thing worked for SWG.....

Oh yeah...it didn't. 

First of all, the "haters" here aren't even close enough to being a large enough issue to warrant their own forum.  To compare to the instance I gave above with SWG...well, there would have to practically be knife fights and blood drawn for such a thing to happen.  Even then, all it would do is, as someone else put it, give territory for the two sides to fight over.  You don't actually think that haters would stay in "their" place while fans stayed in theirs...do you?  I mean, the very ideal is completely against the point of having a forum at all.  What you sods want is a "review" board.

From a "neutral" standpoint, this whole ideal is stupid, and caters to the funcom "lovers" by segmenting any opposing discussion into a forum that is labeled in such a way as to denote the users there as "ignorable".  A truly neutral party wouldn't care one way or another...especially not about the discussion in a general chat.  THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN GENERAL.  If you want class reviews, suggest either a class forum, or a class guide sticky.  If you want to discuss things about the game, suggest they open a forum for THAT element. 

The trouble with a general chat is...it pertains to all elements inside the product or theme being discussed.  What you tools want here is to remove certain aspects of that theme that you are either opposed to, or simply tired of seeing.  While I CERTAINLY respect being tired of seeing this tirade go on...I cannot possibly condone removing it, because the stimulus that creates it is still active.

Perhaps you should mail Funcom and suggest they actually do something about whatever issues are causing this madness.  Or perhaps stick to the Funcom official boards, where moderation is heavier and the theme of discussion is, ideally, more about the actual game itself.

Splitting into a "haters" forums is just a way of censoring what they're saying. Unless every forum here has a "haters" section it's just biased and doesn't show well with MMORPG.com taking a fair stance.

People's opinions should get heard, good or bad. If you want information about a game look it up on a wiki or something. (not to mention there are other sub forums that allow you to discuss classes and such).

Originally posted by grunty

I disagree.

It's not often I have to wade through '$OE SUX' posts to read up on what's happening in SWG or EQ as a result of their seperate section.

Oh, but you fail to mention how each post regarding "whats happening" always manages to have flamers and fans alike fighting tooth and nail about two posts in.

Coincidentally, the same occurs in the "haters" forum.  Should someone post negative feelings about the game, sure enough, a fan strolls in to trash it. 

The separation does nothing but ensure chaos.  Its a case of curing the symptom and not the disease.  The problem is that Funcom has, obviously, made horribly bad choices and the backlash is massive.  You cannot "cure" that problem with a new forum.  All you accomplish in that effort is to incite war by drawing a line in the sand.

• buckstar0814buckstar0814 Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Nadril

That's because you're one of the haters.

From a neutrals point of view, it's a problem.

There is no "neutrals" when it comes to aoc and fc. You either support them or you don't!

This is a WAR!!!

USING CAPS TO GET A POINT ACROSS DOESN'T WORK.

And neither "will" using "incorrect" punctuation.

I made my suggestion and provided evidence that it would work, so my job here is done.

I made my suggestion and provided evidence that it would work, so my job here is done.

You did neither, and are clearly full of yourself.

I, however, gave evidence that it fails miserably...seeing that SWG has had its version of this 'war' going for, what now, 4 years?  Do you really want to see THIS forum descend into that?

You haven't provided shit, just kind of mildly complained.

• buckstar0814buckstar0814 Member Posts: 85

This post is as worthless as your suggestion.

edit

Use the double quotation mark and single quotation mark/apostrophe for different purposes. The

double quotation

(

"

) encloses a direct quotation, whether made by a person or taken from a piece of literature.

Use the single quotation mark within a regular quotation to indicate a quotation within a quotation.

• Ali said, "Anna told me, 'I wasn't sure if you wanted to come!'"

So your point is what?