Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speak no evil of AOC in ao.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

So I log onto aorc+ to chat with some friends or even see if they are still playing. I log in and notice a gold farmer spamming trade channels with conan gold url so I say in chat channel "funcom made 20% profit on aoc box sales a 80% loss the aoc ship sank. Nobody is dumb enough to buy your gold, farmer."

Guees what I get? A ban! Too bad though the email they sent doesn't say if it was for telling off the gold farmer or telling the froobs about the state of aoc....

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

It actually would be nice if other companies would ban people like you aswell.

Ok, you dont like AoC. Now I know that but it really is kind of useless information. And you know that, the only things your oneliner could do was to create some drama. Oneliners are such a cool thing isn't it and a drama makes you wet doesn't it.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Orphes
    Ok, you dont like AoC. Now I know that but it really is kind of useless information. And you know that, the only things your oneliner could do was to create some drama. Oneliners are such a cool thing isn't it and a drama makes you wet doesn't it.

Other companies have morals and respect for their players and aren't going to treat a player like crap for speaking of their other games or even telling off a gold farmer. If you think other companies should ban people for this then the wow playerbase is going to vanish overnight.
    Originally posted by hobo9766

Other companies have morals and respect for their players and aren't going to treat a player like crap for speaking of their other games or even telling off a gold farmer. If you think other companies should ban people for this then the wow playerbase is going to vanish overnight.

Other companies have moral and respect. Where is the respect towards the playerbase when/if they let people stir up problems like you?

There is so many ways to tell off a goldfarmer.

(Neglacting the fact you actually don't have to. There is not reason for you to throw a fit in a public place because you encounter something you have a strong opinion against.)

And there is so many ways to say things.

This is something that you really can't pretend that you don't understand.

WoW's playerbase would not vanish.

You actually think people that have two choices;

* Create drama (and stuff) and get banned.

* Behave and not get banned.

Would pick the first choice, you think people are playing a game just so they can act out?

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Sounds like a load of make-believe to me

Originally posted by darwa

Go to your favourite Walmart. Voice your opinion in the same way one or two of their products. In a comperable way.

I'd bet that you would be asked to leave the store.

------

You don't act out like this. You generally don't do these kind of things. Because you know that shouldn't. You and me both lives by some rules.

You wont get the candy if you throw a fit at the dinner table so you simply don't do it.

------

So yeah... It is a load of make belief that people actually behave because they know what their options would be otherwise.

Really?

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

So I log onto aorc+ to chat with some friends or even see if they are still playing. I log in and notice a gold farmer spamming trade channels with conan gold url so I say in chat channel "funcom made 20% profit on aoc box sales a 80% loss the aoc ship sank. Nobody is dumb enough to buy your gold, farmer."
    Guees what I get? A ban! Too bad though the email they sent doesn't say if it was for telling off the gold farmer or telling the froobs about the state of aoc....

I lol..a lot...

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Go to your favourite Walmart. Voice your opinion in the same way one or two of their products. In a comperable way.

------

You don't act out like this. You generally don't do these kind of things. Because you know that shouldn't. You and me both lives by some rules.

You wont get the candy if you throw a fit at the dinner table so you simply don't do it.

------

So yeah... It is a load of make belief that people actually behave because they know what their options would be otherwise.

Really?

English isn't your first language, and you clearly have no idea what I was talking about, so I'll let this go.

In future, MAKE CERTAIN you understand what people are saying please.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Making comparaison between a game and RL = FAIL.

Point is : OP told a gold farmer (i agree not in the most diligent way) to shut it.  OP gets banned, gold farmer remains.

Why ?  See my icon.

------

------

Really?

English isn't your first language, and you clearly have no idea what I was talking about, so I'll let this go.

In future, MAKE CERTAIN you understand what people are saying please.

You answered under my post.

I can think that you either answered to me or the OP. But you really did not say what was a load of make belief.

Originally posted by Aguitha

Making comparaison between a game and RL = FAIL.

.... Nice argument there. This is the internet, you can do whatever you want to. Yeah...

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Other companies have moral and respect. Where is the respect towards the playerbase when/if they let people stir up problems like you?

(Neglacting the fact you actually don't have to. There is not reason for you to throw a fit in a public place because you encounter something you have a strong opinion against.)
    Would pick the first choice, you think people are playing a game just so they can act out?

If you read my original post you will see funcom never stated if this was done do to the chat itself or what I said about aoc. The mail i got was a plain form email. The reason I made this thread was as a warning for current ao players that it might not be a good idea to speak about aoc openly in game and see if maybe anyone was had a similar experience. I'm not even going to continue to discuss the matter with you after this as I find your last comment that I wet myself disgusting and immature.

If you read my original post you will see funcom never stated if this was done do to the chat itself or what I said about aoc. The mail i got was a plain form email.

Does that really change anything?

The reason I made this thread was as a warning for current ao players that it might not be a good idea to speak about aoc openly in game and see if maybe anyone was had a similar experience.

Yeah, right. Sorry if I just don't simply belive you on that one.

I'm not even going to continue to discuss the matter with you after this as I find your last comment that I wet myself disgusting and immature.

Yes, so you seem to understand. If I would want to discuss this thing with you I should refrain from these immature things. Otherwise I would not be worth your time, understandably.

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

Hahaha I bet the gold farmer is still spamming away.

This discussion has been closed.