Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Min System Requirments Announced

2»

Comments

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

this game 15 gb is waaaay to big.  

i love tibia.  small and cute .  Enuff said

• mrguy123mrguy123 Member Posts: 69

Damn! I meet every requirement except for video card. Looks like I'll be getting a new one....I hope. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I remember when Funcom came out with minimum specs for AoC.  Guess what, the minimum spec'd pc could basically boot up AoC, not play it.  Heck even the recommended spec for AoC could barely play the game. 

I think that Mythic has been quietly chortling over Funcom's problems.  I imagine these recommendations are far better than Funcom's failure.

Some suggestions, if you want to play one of these new MMOs.

1) you need lots of ram, 2mb is rock bottom,  I would recommend 4gb with Vista.

2) a decent graphics card should be your most expensive part.  Avoid the Dell, Sony, HP, etc gaming machines they chintz on the graphics cards always.  If you do buy one of these units, expect to upgrade the graphics card.  I see a lot of Nvidia 8500 in those systems and that card just does not do well in these games.

3) If you don't have a duel core 64 bit processor, you need a new computer.

4) Make sure you get 64 bit Vista, ( since XP is no longer being sold),  32 bit Windows sticks all addresses(graphics memory, device driver memory, etc.) down in the 4gb range hence you can waste lots of memory depending on your system.  I have seen some systems with 4gb with less than 2gb available.  Dumb to waste 2gb of memory, just because of addressing problems with the operating system.   Again the major manufacturers all ship 32 bit windows, so you have to specifically request 64 bit.  Price is the same.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Wow, my pc is out of the running. It lacks the card AND the RAM for the minimum reqs lol

• icedutahicedutah Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by RadioMaryja

My AoC folder:
    25,2 GB (bytes: 27 106 377 728)

15GB sounds fair enough. Also requirements looks little lower than AoC. I hope that there is some decent optimization done and it will work well with plenty of peeps running around.

It does run great with hundreds of people running around now.  I've seen over 50 vs. 50 in open RvR battles run flawlessly.  Unlike AoC, which has already been out now for a couple months.

• skyllbergskyllberg Member Posts: 1

Aww I just got a new computer

Inter(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz

2,00 GB Ram

XFX GeForce 8800GT

ect

but I need 2.5 GHz something?

• GilbertGameGilbertGame Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by skyllberg

2,00 GB Ram

XFX GeForce 8800GT

ect

Any one of your processors is faster than the 2.5 ghz spec.  This is a pre-65nm spec.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

2,00 GB Ram

XFX GeForce 8800GT

ect

You re perfectly fine, slap a little more ram in there and you ll run like a dream.

• ShiinekoShiineko Member Posts: 161

2,00 GB Ram

XFX GeForce 8800GT

ect

Your processor can easily be overclocked to 3ghz without raising cpu temp (no kidding.)  Look it up online if you are wanting to get more out of your quad cpu.   Also, if you are the one building a computer.. I don't recommend XFX or those other companies.  EVGA and BFG are the top of the line, although may be slightly more expensive.

• PopePeachesPopePeaches Member UncommonPosts: 4

"So without further adieu the minimum specs for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning:" 

It's 'without further ado', as in 'Much Ado About Nothing'. (sic. William Shakespear)

'Adieu' means 'Go with God' in French.

Originally posted by sebboi

"So without further adieu the minimum specs for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning:" 

It's 'without further ado', as in 'Much Ado About Nothing'. (sic. William Shakespear)
    'Adieu' means 'Go with God' in French.

That's what happens when you try to sound sophisticated... and fail.

• xmojo1xmojo1 Member UncommonPosts: 57

15GB for the client? No doubt Warhammer will be sold as a retail box so does that mean 4 DVD disks or (gasps!) a single Blu-ray disk? Surely not the latter.

Originally posted by xmojo1

15GB for the client? No doubt Warhammer will be sold as a retail box so does that mean 4 DVD disks or (gasps!) a single Blu-ray disk? Surely not the latter.

I doubt they would even put out an optional Blu-ray disk.  It's too soon for that, even though the technology has been around for a while.  How long did it take games to get onto DVD's?  There's your answer! =O

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278

I hope that processor info is wrong.

i'm using a 1.8ghz p3, but i have a big video card and ram.

After everything is loaded, or cached i don't see why we would need a 2.5ghz p4....

This scares me... Must be a very intense UI.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by Kabbax

After everything is loaded, or cached i don't see why we would need a 2.5ghz p4....

Welcome to 2008.  Computers built in 2002 need not install this game.

There's more stuff being processed other than... UI... you know that, right? 

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891

lol i think the specs are perfect imo,

anyone who has a comp that CANT run it

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/$500_gaming_pc_upgrade/

it will only take about  500$ to make a new pc that can.

• PopePeachesPopePeaches Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Kabbax

'course it's not wrong. Good news is, most dual core CPUs in the 2.4GHz-2.8GHz range are not that exspensive, and you can usually find them on sale at http://www.newegg.com

Even if you have to get a whole new motherboard, it's not that exspensive.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by xmojo1

Actually it means 1 dvd. Vista is over 20GB and comes on 1 dvd.

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185

2,00 GB Ram

XFX GeForce 8800GT

ect

You're in great shape, the specs say 2.5g "P4".  Your Quad Core is a generation ahead of the P4 chips

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

this is very good news ( if accurate ) it means unlike aoc and some other games it will be playable for people with older and less powerful machines . over estimating the specs of the average machine is a real killer for any mmo . it looks like warhammer has learned this lesson from others mistakes .

its hard to say if this will be a wow killer but from where i m standing everything i ve heard about this game points to it being a huge success and i hope finally warcraft will have some real competition .