Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outside of Reflected Worlds....what can happen?

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

This is my only worry about CoS.  One of my favorite things I like to do is meet people in MMOs, which is why I began playing them in the first place; to meet people and have a good time.

Now, my question is, what can people do OUTSIDE of the Reflected Worlds.  What happens inside has been discussed, and now I am curious about what can go on outside of the Reflected Worlds.

Is there loading screens?  Can people grind outside of the reflected world?  Are there minigames or PvP outside of the reflected worlds?  What are the possibilities for a player to do when they are not doing they're quests?

--edited saw FAQ--

Thanks.

Comments

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Your a little confused on what the Reflected world is but I dont think I can answer your question without revealing more then what is avaiable to you at this time.

Jatar will need to respond.

I think I could answer it without giving away anything but I will wait for Jatar.

Sooner or Later

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Your a little confused on what the Reflected world is but I dont think I can answer your question without revealing more then what is avaiable to you at this time.

I may be, but what I do know is that Reflected Worlds are used for quests and crafting.

What I do not know is what can go on outside of reflected worlds.

Let me explain further::::

WE know that in the Reflected Worlds, the whole world is your instance.  You can bring up to eight people with you and do quests/crafting.  I know all about what goes on INSIDE the reflectedd worlds, but I am just curious to see what can happen OUTSIDE of the reflected worlds.

Originally posted by mike470

I may be, but what I do know is that Reflected Worlds are used for quests and crafting.

WE know that in the Reflected Worlds, the whole world is your instance.  You can bring up to eight people with you and do quests/crafting.  I know all about what goes on INSIDE the reflectedd worlds, but I am just curious to see what can happen OUTSIDE of the reflected worlds.

You have the Citadel and the Relfected worlds.

Sooner or Later

I know that.

My question isn't "What's outside of the Reflected Worlds"  but What can you do outside of the Reflected Worlds?"

Do you see my point?

I know that.

My question isn't "What's outside of the Reflected Worlds"  but What can you do outside of the Reflected Worlds?"

Do you see my point?

Yes I understand your point now and I CANNOT answer that question, that is a question only Jatar can answer.

Sooner or Later

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348
    I know that.
    Do you see my point?

Yes I understand your point now and I CANNOT answer that question, that is a question only Jatar can answer.

I'd have to type about twenty pages to answer that, and go into many areas that we don't want to release yet. 

There are MANY things to do outside the reflected worlds.  There are things like: mini-games,  tournaments, story elements, social events,  guild related, quest related, information and research,  character or guild maintenance, shopping, tours and tutorials,  meetings with the high and mighty,  diversions, performance and entertainment, many, many things to do under most of these areas.  Too many to talk about, and details that I'm not yet allowed to go into, but LOTS to do for players.

My only worry of CoS is gone..

Thanks for answering.

Edit- spelling

Originally posted by Jatar

I know that.
    Do you see my point?

I'd have to type about twenty pages to answer that, and go into many areas that we don't want to release yet. 

There are MANY things to do outside the reflected worlds.  There are things like: mini-games,  tournaments, story elements, social events,  guild related, quest related, information and research,  character or guild maintenance, shopping, tours and tutorials,  meetings with the high and mighty,  diversions, performance and entertainment, many, many things to do under most of these areas.  Too many to talk about, and details that I'm not yet allowed to go into, but LOTS to do for players.

By quest related, do you mean the ability to begin new quests?

*late question, I know, but there's a reason*

Thanks.

P.S. check your inbox please.

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

I mentioned 'Quest related information and research'.  This means that you may further your quest while in places like the Citadel of Sorcery.  While you are there you will need to go to places to do research into various aspects of your quest, or you might need to have clandestine meetings with informants and spies, or you may need to obtain objects you may need while on the quest in the Reflected Worlds, etc. 

As for the ability to obtain new quests, yes... sort of.  CoS does not give out quests like you may be used to in other MMO games.  Remember, you are furthering your personal story.  This means that when you finish one quest your story will likely flow right into the next quest, continuing your story rather than making quests a serious of unrelated tasks.  This CAN take place in the Citadel, or in the Reflected Worlds, it all depends on the circumstance.

Hope that answers your question.