Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled Game List

niksm80niksm80 Member UncommonPosts: 17

MMORPG.com,

hey you guys rock but i have found something to be lacking. can you please add a cancelled game list. you currently have info on released games, games in dev, but nothing on games that have been cancelled. I would like to come to you guys exclusively but when i try to find out about a game i though was in development it's no longer on the list. this forces me to go google and find out what happened. most of this spawned as perpetual was shutting down and i was trying to find STO and GodsandHeroes. I was quite perplexed. thank you for your time and diligence into the matter.

Comments

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

Hello,  we actually already have the capacity to do this already, and have been working toward getting them ready to go back on the site for the last couple of weeks... You will see them pretty soon.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by skywisenight

Hello,  we actually already have the capacity to do this already, and have been working toward getting them ready to go back on the site for the last couple of weeks... You will see them pretty soon.

Will games like FoM, Fury, etc., be put into this list?

It would also be neat to see a forum section for the dead games, to discuss memories, why they didn't stay as logn as they hoped, etc.

I look forward to seeing the list.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

This will certainly be a nice addition to MMORPG.com!

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Hmm...

Just curious what happened to this idea?

It would seem that "soon" is a word I will have to look up to find it's definition. 

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

It's been quite awhile since this post was first made. 

Curious if there has been any further action on this?

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415
    Originally posted by xzyax

It's been quite awhile since this post was first made. 

Curious if there has been any further action on this?

They're actually in there, just hiding. A trick: use the drop down at the top (quick game jump) and you'll notice lots of old gems.

We're in the process of reworking the game list a little bit, as well as the game sections. Part of this will be "showing" the canceled games.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

what would be even more fun is a list of games that should be cancelled

impractical and not gonna happen but the posts on various forums would certainly be entertaining

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

I agree.  Assign someone to list the cancelled games.  Or ask your customers to tell you about cancellations, check them and then post them.  Right now your game list has a bunch of defunct games...!  'Doesn't make the site look all that good.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi there,

The Game List can already be sorted by canceled games: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/dead

Please do not necro threads.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.