Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game

SATURNZSATURNZ Member Posts: 1

Score=9.5

i dont care if you agree with me just use the poll.

Comments

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

9.5 rating is accurate untill lv 95ish then it goes down...way down

wait till your lv 95 and you find nothing to do for money except grind on the lv50 map

no new or decent equipment, youll be using the same armor as you did at 60, no variety *edit* theres a few armor sets after lv60, some are just for looks, not really better and others come much later in the game and are very hard to get

crafting is a giant money sinkhole, as said before, youll be grinding the lv 50 map just to pot yourself

once you hit skill cap you realize that the skills, for the most part, that you used back at level 30-50 are gonna be the skills you use the entire game (boring)

unbalance pvp as a force blader can just about one shot anyone (bm2 skill) while other classes get bm2 skills that have other purpouses other than pvp

you buy premium service so you can leave you computer on overnight, punching skill dummies so you can get 10 skill points by morning -.-

nothing to do after lv 95 as you hardly get quests, the xp per kill goes waaay down and the way you play changes from dropping huge groups of mobs solo that drop all kinds of goodies to having to party to kill 1-3 mobs only to get a drop that you would expect from the lv50 map

also, i refuse to play f2p games owned and run by gold farmers and botters

i remember how fun beta was, since there was a community, now the only community is that of the gold farmers, they ruined the chat and therefore the community

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I don't see how anyone can make it to level 95, I got to around14 and was done. It's your typical Asian grinder, where every character is a clone.

• MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

It's been a blast for the first day, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes in the higher levels.

My initial impression is that it's up there with the best free to plays out there, better then some P2Ps, slightly lower then LOTRO.

An 8 for the moment could go either up or down.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I don't see how anyone can make it to level 95, I got to around14 and was done. It's your typical Asian grinder, where every character is a clone.

100% accurate

its the skill system that kept me going, once that got old that was it...the loot fest was nice too untill around lv60...also i played during beta..you know when there was a community of players not botters and gold farmers spamming non stop on every channel's global chat...but i guess thats what makes an asian grinder and asian grinder

if they could take the skill system,combos and batle mode idea and give it some depth with character custimization, add a VARITY of equipment, you know not having 5 diffrent varieties of equipment for the whole game per class...this game would be a winner but then i guess asian grinder companies are smart enough to make great graphics but not smart enough to stop bots and gold farmers, so that is something that will most likely be included in every korean f2p game till the end of time

• EternalSinEternalSin Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

wait till your lv 95 and you find nothing to do for money except grind on the lv50 map
    no new or decent equipment, youll be using the same armor as you did at 60, no variety *edit* theres a few armor sets after lv60, some are just for looks, not really better and others come much later in the game and are very hard to get
    crafting is a giant money sinkhole, as said before, youll be grinding the lv 50 map just to pot yourself
    once you hit skill cap you realize that the skills, for the most part, that you used back at level 30-50 are gonna be the skills you use the entire game (boring)
    unbalance pvp as a force blader can just about one shot anyone (bm2 skill) while other classes get bm2 skills that have other purpouses other than pvp
    you buy premium service so you can leave you computer on overnight, punching skill dummies so you can get 10 skill points by morning -.-
    nothing to do after lv 95 as you hardly get quests, the xp per kill goes waaay down and the way you play changes from dropping huge groups of mobs solo that drop all kinds of goodies to having to party to kill 1-3 mobs only to get a drop that you would expect from the lv50 map
    i remember how fun beta was, since there was a community, now the only community is that of the gold farmers, they ruined the chat and therefore the community

I just registered to point out how horribly inaccurate your review is.

First off grindind at a level 50 map for money? Lol? There is a new map at 80, Another at 110 with part 2 at 115 and part 3 at 120.  Then there's another at 125, and another at 140.

Second. Armor? The only reason you can't wear new armor is becuase you didn't skill train to get the stats to wear them.  Most people wear Osmium at around 80, Class Unique armor at 99, and another Class unique at 115.

Crafting. Indeed expensive, join a good guild and  let them do the craft whiile you provide raw material.

Skills.  The silll cap is called transendent, using skills from level 30-50? Rofl, most people don't hit transendent until 100+ and of course they use the transendent skill, they're the most beneficial.

Gold Farmers/Botters, Seriously wow, they're arn't even that many, have you seen Silkroad Online?

Premium. First off, you can't even punch dummies to get skill exp, and you get around 30 a night unles you are transendent.

Exp.  Cabal is a party based game...there are dungeons to do, the exp can be godly if you know what you'redoing.

You haven't even really played to point out so many cons in a game with so much potential.

• JAG-WarriorJAG-Warrior Member Posts: 4

Wow,  you took the words right out my mouth.  This game was very fun till release of item mall,  then you realize the BOT hitting the training dummy will have completor skills in a week, and want to puke.  F2P = cost way more than P2P as  soon as item mall gets released.  And the GMs and VGMs never police the server trash like they do in a quality P2P game.  And when you hit the 90 lvls game gets very boring real fast,  the fact that you are stuck in a grind game becomes very clear.  If you like to grind and dont mind paying for item malls this is a really good game,  better than most the other games like this out now.

• vinniej55vinniej55 Member Posts: 18

Yes this game is great, i loved to play for hours until i was been hacked, and forgot my recovery questions! So no more playing for me!! ( lvl 100 btw)

• OnekoOneko Member Posts: 6

5. Like all others F2P games.

Originally posted by EternalSin
    Premium. First off, you can't even punch dummies to get skill exp, and you get around 30 a night unles you are transendent.

You gain 10 points for 8 hours of dummy training before Trans. I'm Comp/Trans, using the dummy every night, and I can tell that the last levels to become Comp or Trans are really painfull on a dummy. Even with a total of +36 skill exp bonus on your stuff.
    The dummy system is like that :
    - you'll gain 100% of the skill exp if your current skill level is between 0 and 33% of the max level needed to change your skill rank
    - otherwise you'll only gain 30% of the skill exp
    And it's why people use bots to train their skills instead of paying 9€ a month. Monsters always give 100% of the skill exp, without level restrictions.

• PU_TANG_PIEPU_TANG_PIE Member Posts: 6

When i first saw this game, i was impressed by its gameplay and graphics. Boy was i awefully diappointed. I played this game for about 3 weeks tops before i called it quits. I just didn't keep me entertained that would make me want to play it on a constant basis. My friend played until level 100+, I dont know how he was able to sign on and not become bored, but if your interested in this game, give it a try.

• acerboy11acerboy11 Member Posts: 5

Cool game.  A lot of patches has been done and the game is still enjoyable even after lvl 100.  though i do not agree they "revolutionized" action according to their slogan, it's still a good mmo to play.  i rate it 6.5/10. i take 1 point away for its many errors in grammar, 1 point away for false advertising ('the revolution of action') 1 point away for weak map angles, .5 point away for its inconsistencies in some of its game play aspects (drawing your sword when meeting someone inside their houses)

• mlkingmlking Member Posts: 5

I agree acerboy.  It's still enjoyable even if there are some bugs just like you said.

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33

that was the prob with L2.  Which could have been a great game if they incorporated more of western style into some of the game elements.

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

ok this game has a ton of bots but less gold spammers than most  the company is none responsive to cash shop conplaints the amount of quest tends to be unbearable

yet threw it all i made lvl 105 in 3 weeks

i may keep playing i understand past lvl 120 there are no longer any bots .....uhm maybe ill se?

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

To me if i had never played ANY mmorpgs in the past or correction any GOOD quest based story driven mmorpgs in the past Cabal would be a 8-9/10 game. but now. After Guild wars, FFXI, Runes of magic, and LotRO I give cabal a 5/10. Simply 1 good feature cant keep a game from sucking game play and entertainment wise, yes skill system is amazing /hurray for That, but the rest is crap. Quit at level 78

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Originally posted by EternalSin

Originally posted by crunchyblack

I just registered to point out how horribly inaccurate your review is.

First off grindind at a level 50 map for money? Lol? There is a new map at 80, Another at 110 with part 2 at 115 and part 3 at 120.  Then there's another at 125, and another at 140.

Second. Armor? The only reason you can't wear new armor is becuase you didn't skill train to get the stats to wear them.  Most people wear Osmium at around 80, Class Unique armor at 99, and another Class unique at 115.

Crafting. Indeed expensive, join a good guild and  let them do the craft whiile you provide raw material.

Skills.  The silll cap is called transendent, using skills from level 30-50? Rofl, most people don't hit transendent until 100+ and of course they use the transendent skill, they're the most beneficial.

Gold Farmers/Botters, Seriously wow, they're arn't even that many, have you seen Silkroad Online?

Exp.  Cabal is a party based game...there are dungeons to do, the exp can be godly if you know what you'redoing.

You haven't even really played to point out so many cons in a game with so much potential.

I think what he is trying to say is the game is no longer enjoyable after 95 for him. Why should he keep playing a game that is no longer enjoyable to try to justify it 20 or 30 levels from now? Makes no sense. Its the game developers job to keep the game fresh and enjoyable at all times not just for some chucnks. I actually agree with most of what he said. And iv played over 20 mmorpgs Cabal by far has the wose bot problem out of any iv ever seen.

• gameadiksgameadiks Member Posts: 120

good game.. i all play this game.. i like the graphics and game play of cabal... but the downside is there are many bots in cabal... so sad...T_T

• PistasyoPistasyo Member Posts: 8

cabal is a good game. but i left it after being thouroughly disgusted w/ bots... sad to say that my FA only reached lvl 75

• ruua84ruua84 Member UncommonPosts: 8

well i got to 100 and it wasn't to bad just like ppl said the botters and hackers are what destroyed it and depending on what the devs wanna do for the USA one especially is up to them either stop it or let it continue there will always be hacks for any game it matters on how they control it but even then there will be no stop to it.

• itomic97itomic97 Member UncommonPosts: 49

lol not, i can make 100lv in 2 weeks without premium. I have many chars 100+, main is 150... but i got bored after 2 years and thinking about RF online. Is it good?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Well... I managed to get to level 105(warrior) before I burned out on the endless grind. Nice graphics though.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."