Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

non-fanboi review

crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

well i managed to find a free beta key at warcry.com and ive been playing it for a few days now.

things i dont like with atlantica are:

1) the quests, they really have nothing to do with the story line of saving the human race and finding atlantis. you know the drill with the quests, same old same old.

2) very limited skills, were talking one to start with, unless your a staff user (shaman) then you get 2. later on i think you can get 2-3. might not be so bad though, since youll have 9 fighters and scrolls, which are one time use skills.

3)for a game that was pakced with people, no one chats and you really dont have an oppertunity to interact much with players, im sure the pvp later on and guild and nation wars will make up for it but atm it does kinda feel like a single player mmo

4) ive figured out what the cash shop will offer, ability to see the enemies hp (vital if your not a artillery guys with the skill to view hp) allowing auto battle, allowing you to store extra mecenaries(nice to have a pvp setup and pve) and a whole slew of things i like but i know wont last....biggest one is the auto-move things, ill go on about that on things i like...

5) was kinda really laggy in some spots, never during a battle when it matterd but things got chunky

6) they need more classes of mercenaries and player classes....i know theres a decent amount but it would add to the skill required to play. im guessing everyone will end up doing the same 9 character setup since there no real variety, although i cant speak about later on in the game, i think the classes split later on.

things i liked:

1) the turned based combat isnt what i thought it would be, its quick and entertaining.  almost as fast paced are regualr mmo's minus the spamming of skills. it was fun, quick and took thought...very difrent from the usual f2p

2) i like the crafting, its kinda hard with the limited inventory space and no storage that i could find. but it never fails and the items are plentiful, if you really want that +10 or w/e item you can make it if you want. plus a really hardcore item craft system with tons of categories all were 0/100 so it looks to be a nice long term craft game.

3)i like the music so far, no simple riffs and nice battle music, graphics arnt too bad either.

4) QUEST AUTO MOVER...good god this thing is genius, you click it and it takes you to a mob or npc (theres a search system where you can look up towns youve been to and npc and auto move to them) this auto mover has taken me on a 20min hike across the map, across diffrent maps, though dungeons without getting stuck, it never fails and really helps you find those hard to locate npc's...i noticed a 14 day timer on it so it may be cs item.

5) guild system.... guilds can own a town and make it a nation of their choice and then war with other nations...sounds fun...

6) big battles technically you could bring 2 of your friends in a battle for a total of 27 fighters on your sinde and fight 27 others...sounds complicated and fun..

7) no ksing idiots, its instanced battles, which you may like or dislike...after all the f2p ginders ive played its nice not to have to deal with bots or idiots being dumbasses.

in conclusion...this game is pretty fun off the bat, if you like turn based rpgs before, its a lot faster than the counsol version, so far its complicated, interesting, and diffrent from the other f2p....only time will tell if it turns into a "bore me to tears grinder"

Comments

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

For strorage go to rome. Its in the town info, under warehouse, costs nothing to put items in, but costs a small fee to take them out.

• neodragon11neodragon11 Member Posts: 5

as for the issue with no one chatting its because the chat is limited to maybe 30 random people or something.. its your peers which are people that have around the same character creation date as you..best thing you can do is join a guild