Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trojan Horse... Still?

TearReaverTearReaver Member Posts: 33

Does this game still give you trojan horses?

Comments

• PainAeroPainAero Member Posts: 15

i havent seen one for a long time but they might

No Darkness No Light

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

Although I don't have the link,  Knight online had posted a reply about the trojan horse.  They stated that this was a false positive and had to do with X-Trap (hacker detection tool , ha ha) .  They have also said they have been attempting to notify anti-virus companies about this issue.

• xrandomflipxrandomflip Member Posts: 4

this game never had a trojan horse, AVG antivirus was the only antivirus to ever detect that. NO problems whatsoever with the game.

• MrRawrMrRawr Member Posts: 8

There was no virus in Knight Online. AVG is the only detector this non-existent virus. AVG picks up a lot of things which are not viruses but have a certain code that may pertain to virus code. X-Trap being hacker detection may have that code. It is safe, if not you can go sue K2 and G1 :)

• LordCeonLordCeon Member UncommonPosts: 47

not just avg detects it , Mcafee detected it for me and another antivirus that am using right now detects it to it came with my internet bundle

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

MrRawr is right. thats not realy a virus. but if u dont trust that all then send the detected datas to antivir or other anti virus program supports. u will see its all harmless

• Ratboy51Ratboy51 Member Posts: 29

I have the free AVG Antivirus and it is the only software that picks up a Trojan Horse. I've scanned this game on McAfee, Spyware Doctor, etc. and none of them pick it up. Knight Online contains a code that AVG picks up as a Virus.

I have NEVER gotten any real Viruses from this game, and I've been playing it for quite some time now.

Epic awesome me

• alanongalanong Member Posts: 2

i'm using norton antivirus and i got the trojan horse alert also.

It's from their 'Hacking Detection program' xfire.

• OlroxOlrox Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by xrandomflip

this game never had a trojan horse, AVG antivirus was the only antivirus to ever detect that. NO problems whatsoever with the game.

I think that AVG is really a trojan horse posing as an antivirus scanner.

NOD32 for the win!