Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FURY SHUTTING DOWN: wth its being closed today and no one even posts..

eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i alsmost stole this from the store too, god thing i didnt waste my time with it

<post title edited by mod>

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Originally posted by eycel

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i alsmost stole this from the store too, god thing i didnt waste my time with it

Why would you steal from a store? You're 28 years of age, old enough to know right from wrong. I assumed this post was coming from a young arrogant teenager, not someone 7 years older than me.

But anyway, regarding the post. I just don't think many at all even played, possibly not even 100 players, hence why it shut down.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Not cool.

• CreepingDoomCreepingDoom Member Posts: 116

Nearly thirty years old and stealing from stores? thats definitely more news worthy than alot of the garbage usually printed on this cesspool of a forum.

Worthy of its own thread imho, what a disgrace.

Rock a FailCom avatar now and express your disgust with pride!

The truth hurts...
    Funcom RX

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by tigris67

Why would you steal from a store? You're 28 years of age, old enough to know right from wrong. I assumed this post was coming from a young arrogant teenager, not someone 7 years older than me.

But anyway, regarding the post. I just don't think many at all even played, possibly not even 100 players, hence why it shut down.

Considering the actual game and its devs, I'd have stolen it rather than give them money. I only buy quality.

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Considering the actual game and its devs, I'd have stolen it rather than give them money. I only buy quality.

So, you got your copy of Age of Conan for free?

Originally posted by Rebn77

Originally posted by Zorvan

So, you got your copy of Age of Conan for free?

Okay, let me rephrase. I only buy games that at least appear to be quality. Fury never even managed that much.

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148

Down goes yet another game. Hope that future companies dev staff pays close attention to this. We told them as alpha and beta testers (i was one for fury) what was wrong, and we were ignored.

Funny thing, I can feel AoC sliding in this same route from what I have read on their forums.......

Wake up game companies and stop delivering games that are no where close to done!

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------

• FunKPandaFunKPanda Member Posts: 155

Finally they put that horse out of its Misery.

"Without funk, is there hope for panda?" -Derivative of Ishmael

http://gravgaming.net
    A site for pro and recreational gaming.

Notice they make no mention of it on the main Fury site except for inside the forums? Here's to suckering a few more people into purchasing before the servers fall.........................

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

I'm sad to see it shut down, a part of me wanted to see the team pull their heads out of their bums and turn it around.

R.I.P.

Fury

AC2

(I'd stick AoC on here, but it's still early and Funcom does have a small window to turn it around before WoW: WotLK, WAR, TCoS, AION, LotRO: MoM, and Vanguard relaunch all hit).

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Ah too bad. I was one of first couple to even try this game in alpha, there were only 2-3 of us online for first couple of days. The game really did have a good concept but I think the requirements for the game to run decent enough for competitive pvp kept alot of players away, aswell as the lack of immersion, and having no real "world" to explore.

I think they should lower the graphics down, create a world for players to explore and *cough* add player housing, cities, siege *cough* for their next MMO and it would be good.

• VPellenVPellen Member Posts: 215

Stickied out of basic courtesy I guess. I've never actually played this one, but it's always sad to see games bite the dust.

Okay, the POS had its funeral. Time to clean out the desks and throw out the trash. One more game ready for removal from the site.

• ZDPhoenixZDPhoenix Member UncommonPosts: 218

Figures that instead of downloading it, I went out and bought the effin' box.

$5, no big I guess.

How did the development team think a game like this would succeed for long term subscriptions? Instant PvP action with no substance? That's like buying one of those large red buttons from the office store and giving it to your kid. It's fun at first, but you'll be tired of it rather quickly. It's also why shooters don't charge to play. Because they would not make money. It took awhile for Fury to catch onto that. Maybe if they marketted themselves as a different type of game, there could have been more hope.

I remember when they let alot of people go. And thought there may have been a chance for them to bounce back from it. Didn't happen I see.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

The game is shutting down due to lack of players and you're surprised no one posted sooner? This would probably be the point why.....

*boggle*

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

To bad it was a good game 

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by shadow417

To bad it was a good game 

No, it wasn't.

Nice necro of a long dead thread for a long dead game.

It was a good game, even the best pvp game for a fantesy game. 

• PipwickyPipwicky Member Posts: 63

I was a beta tester for this game:

a:) it was a horrible resource hog

b:) it sucked

c:) they had no idea what kind of a game they wanted, they kept making huge changes just for the sake of making changes, trying to randomly "get it right". wrong.

this was a crap game, bye bye

True they did make it diffrent every time, hey we are humans.

Still the game was fun in it's own way.