Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online gone stale /moved

BeanabgBeanabg Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I've been playing EVE online since 2004, and I've tried pretty much everything. Recently I've become more and more bored with the game, and it just isn't interesting enough to carry on. I've tried taking a break, and looking for other mmo's, and I haven't been able to find anything to hold my attention.

Does anyone have any suggestions on games to try? Or any tips on trying to rekindle and old flame?

Thanks.

Comments

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Look into anarcy online they are even getting a very nice graphics update soon they didnt show characters yet like animations and etc just environment so far but it looks even better then ryzom I think anyways if you like sci fi anarchy online is deffinatly very interesting there is the classic version which is free as long as you want to but if you want the extra content which is suppose to be 10 times better with way more variety of things to do gotta pay 15 a month but you get all the expansions and month free with 20 dollars I think.

• newbornnewborn Member Posts: 63

Take a LONG break from all MMO all together and spend time else where?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by newborn

I did this. Very good strategy. When you take a long break from MMOs, maybe play some FPS or single-player RPGs, the thought of a massive online world tugs at you for months. When you finally return, you appreciate them a lot better and have a lot funner time.

• BeanabgBeanabg Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your suggestions, I will certainly try AO..is there a trial for the extra content version? Or is it best to just play the free version, and see how I find it?

A long break certainly does seem like a good move, been hooked on BF2 for the past week

Beanbags are not toys!

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by newborn

I also agree here. I've been diving back into Diablo II and Dungeon Siege II (just realizing the similarities between the two titles too) and I've been much happier than when I was just pvping in WoW or grinding away in random MMOs.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

Well if you want to try a twitch based space game check out Vendetta Online. Its like EVE in that its based in space but the PVP and PVE are much more intense and interesting. No two battles are the same.

Get off that point and click and get into thrust, turbo, strafe, roll, duck, dive, and such. Lots of fun! Free trial too!

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Angelbound

Look into anarcy online they are even getting a very nice graphics update soon they didnt show characters yet like animations and etc just environment so far but it looks even better then ryzom I think anyways if you like sci fi anarchy online is deffinatly very interesting there is the classic version which is free as long as you want to but if you want the extra content which is suppose to be 10 times better with way more variety of things to do gotta pay 15 a month but you get all the expansions and month free with 20 dollars I think.

Besides Eve online, Anarchy online is the deepest mmorpg out right now.

Just prepare yourself the graphics are extremely dated.

If you can get around that its an awesome game.

run through the free content to learn the game first.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

WurmOnline would be worth a glance if you don't mind playing indy games.

It's a different exteme of player controled worlds, while EvE online is an extreme.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.