Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starcraft 2???

UnseenproUnseenpro Member Posts: 2
Do you think Blizzard will begin development of Starcraft 2 when WoW and Starcraft: Ghost fianlly go live? I think it would be interesting to see what they could do with Starcraft 2. Anyways Post your thoughts.

-Unseenpro

-Unseenpro

Comments

• joe11joe11 Member Posts: 12
    The original starcraft is brilliant and I still play it now and again when a friend comes round.

• anarchy2465anarchy2465 Member Posts: 12
    the only problem is is that starcraft 2 will be out in 2006 at the very least but then theres diablo 3 and warcraft 4....personally id rather them not make starcraft: ghost and make starcraft 2 instead now that would be awesome.

• tck_tokyotck_tokyo Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Unseenpro
    Do you think Blizzard will begin development of Starcraft 2 when WoW and Starcraft: Ghost fianlly go live? I think it would be interesting to see what they could do with Starcraft 2. Anyways Post your thoughts. -Unseenpro

I don't know anything about dates but I'm really really looking forward to it coming out at some point. I just hope they don't make it like WC3 and that they make it more like the original starcraft but with a better engine and new features and maps, etc. As mentioned I don't know anything about dates but I read somewhere on their official site in some Q&A area that they plan to DEFINITELY make SC2, they just don't know when they will start and when it will finish. They said they also want to spend lots of time on it, as they have so many anticipating players out there, and it needs to be up to par with those expectations.

---

EVE-Addict
    Anjelle [Freelancer Union]

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
    I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
    But that's just me.

---

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
    I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
    But that's just me.

• xStarGirlxxStarGirlx Member Posts: 4

i've been playing starcraft for about, 5 years now and i can say that its been long overdue for second one.  I doubt 2006 is a reasonable date to say for its release. Blizzard puts quality time into their games, so i belive it imposisble to say when, or if, it will be released.  Considering they're just producing StarCraft: Ghost, they might hold off for awhile on making another StarCraft title.  Undoubtably, they will make another StarCraft, in my opinion, considering the origional is the best selling game of all time, and stayed in the top 10 for years. (correct me if im wrong).

i agree with tck.  i believe they should steer clear of how WC3 is made.  Hero's and their abilities make WC unique.  StarCraft is unique becuase it focuses strictly on micromanagement and several unit abilities.  However, i believe they will expland to water units, somewhat like they did in WC.

it'll be the best game.. ever. image

<3//katie

• SoylentleetsSoylentleets Member Posts: 24

Myself, Im looking forward to Diablo 3 if that will ever happen.
    ::::28::

• sc0rp10sc0rp10 Member Posts: 4

They need to stop wasting time on that ghost crap and get to work.  That's all i've got to say, i haven't even considered looking at ghost, but the thought of SC2, that makes me feel funny. image

• lovely_bishilovely_bishi Member Posts: 5

I saw the trailer for Starcraft: Ghost and it seems rather promising, it doesnt seem that bad except theres not that much blood in it like in the game (Zerg being blasted = Alot of blood, the more the better XD) but it has its good sides, say if you were sniping out a group of Terrans and there was a firebat, if you aim at its napalm tank's handle it will blow up and burn the other Terrans, but i have to admit it seems rather bad, including the Hydra's able to sheild them selves.

I do hope they make Starcraft 2 since theres so many rumors but now they're saying it aint going to happen, and i do hope it happens, i wanna use hybrids of Zerg and terran, did i mention Fenix rumor in the SC 2? ^_^ Fenix might be alive but as a hybrid working for Zerg now, and alot more forces than just 3.

[/Red][/B]B[/b]i[/green]shi King ^_^

[/Red][/B]B[/b]i[/green]shi King ^_^

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Forget Starcraft:Ghost let's get Starcraft 2 pumping!  Or Galaxy of Starcraft. image

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• NobbiNobbi Member Posts: 1
    Yeah Starcraft is the best Multiplayer Strategygame available. I would not go for a sequel!

• syntaxedsyntaxed Member Posts: 1

As of late Blizzard has been hiring new gfx artists for their east dev team, specifically to create the visuals of an RTS game.........I think we can pretty much guess what that is... -> SC2 =P

About a diablo3...well, after latest events and the sad departure of various key figures behind the D2 series I highly doubt we will see a D3 before 2008.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810
    any sort of psinoff of diablo or just a diablo 3 would please me ^_^ i paid 1000 PED on project entropia ofr a diablo 2 cd key just a few days ago imageimage i was crazy but it was worth it.

• Evangelion01Evangelion01 Member Posts: 1
    I personally think that they should work on Star Craft II before Ghost.  They have World of Warcraft comming and that kinda covers the 1st person adventure/rpg.  War Craft III was quite nice, but I personally like Star Craft better.  At least they could give us some teasers of what is to come.  If they switch to 3D, maybe give us some screen shots of possible units, or some old favorites ect.  As for now, let World of Warcraft run its course, it should occupy us until Star Craft II.
  • DIE!DIE! Member Posts: 49
    yeah i cant wait cuz starcraft 1 was excellent

Remember life is a game all you got to do is learn how to play it

Remember life is a game all you got to do is learn how to play it

• JuststartlolJuststartlol Member Posts: 15

actually there is no starcraft 2. there is starcraft:ghost which is nothing like the starcraft-warcraft-type strategy war game, more like an rpg now i guess...

• TG_GOOSETG_GOOSE Member Posts: 2
    im looking forward to a new starcraft the original was awsomeimage

• DragonRebornDragonReborn Member Posts: 2

Are u guys insane?!?? SC: Ghost looks sweet. I would rather be waiting for diablo 3 and they wont make a 4th warcraft for a while cause WC3 is already like the most B.net game played. They are making plenty of money and i think they will wait a while before making WC 4. And SC 2 is an ok idea. My I got to visit blizzards studio for winning a prize and they said they might make SC 2 but its going to take a while since WOW and Ghost are coming out. Both of them with make Blizzard a lot of money.

• DragonRebornDragonReborn Member Posts: 2

Also whoever said that starcraft is the best stragety game then they dont know wat strategy is. In starcraft all u do is mass. Thats no skill. I am not saying it bad...I play starcraft every once and a while but its not strategy.

• BourduBourdu Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by DragonReborn
    Also whoever said that starcraft is the best stragety game then they dont know wat strategy is. In starcraft all u do is mass. Thats no skill. I am not saying it bad...I play starcraft every once and a while but its not strategy.

Indeed, massing is not much of strategy.

But starcraft is not just about massing. (Just in case, please don't play money maps.)

Playing with a group of friends once a week for 2 years now (and without them for years before), I can say starcraft has a very high strategy level. Never tired of it. Always news things to happen in the games we play. And by "things" I dont mean new units or spells, no : I've been knowing all of them for years . I mean new tactics, new subtle things.

Bourdu

http://www.bzone.best.cd

• lordthrawnlordthrawn Member Posts: 276
    I would love to see a Starcraft 2 as I still think that the first one is probably the best RTS ever made.  Starcraft is very big on strategy of course if you play all those bgh rip offs then it becomes nothing but massing.  Of couse the way starcraft:ghost(release:??) is being pushed back who knows when the next starcraft will come up. 

• CrazyminiCrazymini Member Posts: 3
    imageSCII would be great i cant waite but its gunna be a while :/ untill it gets here ill just have to stick to Brood war:P

• oarngefrooarngefro Member Posts: 5
    What's a Starcraft?

• Coltris22Coltris22 Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by oarngefro
    What's a Starcraft?

Its a witch! Buuuurrrrnnnn her! image

-Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood. -Emerson

Explorer 80%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 33%
    Killer 26%

-Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood. -Emerson

Explorer 80%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 33%
    Killer 26%

• t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

Originally posted by oarngefro
    What's a Starcraft?

::::04::

you're kidding, right? pulling our legs. yes? hrm... well if you are unfamiliar with the SC world here's a couple links to check out.

firstly the SC rts game... which rocks and is so much fun to play. i prefer it over the WC world.

http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft/

and secondly. here is the url for the SC : Ghost game that i HAVE to get my paws on. it looks amazing.

http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/

an SC MMO would just be too much. i mean in a good way.

L2:
    Female Orc Raider - Erica
    Female Dwarf Scavenger/Female DE Dark Wizard/Female Human Cleric - Hindemith
    PristonTale:
    Valkyrie lvl 35
    Anarchy Online:
    Opifex Female MA lvl 61 - Rubi-Ka 1

_______

Now Playing:
    EQ2
    Prior Games (in no order):
    SWG, L2, RO, PT, ROSE, CoH/CoV, AO, UO, EVE, WoW and a bunch of others.
    _______