Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why WOW is HORRIBLE

tornsagetornsage Member Posts: 26

Stunlocking.

That's it. Ok right I buy a game and level up and finally am able to get STUNLOCKED and never do anything. TJust stand there waiting for stunlocks which last for 60 seconds to finish.

Wow now I know why they call it Wow!

Horrible and change it now or I quit.

Comments

• ShlomoShlomo Member Posts: 148

Agree. This is where it shows that it's not a PvP oriented game

• HardwareGuyHardwareGuy Member UncommonPosts: 64

I am not playing WoW anymore but...  I have 4 characters over 65 and 3 at 70 and can tell you this...   if you cant get out of stunlock then you need to practice more.  I can do it on a mage a rogue a warrior and my hunter and pally and they are all over 60 and some 70...   do you have a trinket yet? from Pvp?

Playing: Nothing
    Retired:Too many to list.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by tornsage

Send me your gold please.

• Rogue420Rogue420 Member Posts: 296
    Originally posted by Shlomo

Since TBC/AreNAH it has become more PvP focus... Though the PvP in WoW is a hot pile of poo due to Kalgan and his stupid ideas.

Pats are gonna go 19-0 2008-2009 season

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I don't pvp with a rogue.   But I don't think it's any different than any other class.

Warlocks can fear/deathcoil bad players and basically kill you without you taking control of your character

My frost mage.  I can kite any melee class (played by a bad player) indefinitely.  My favorite is to finish the last 10% by wanding them just for kicks

My hunter can absolutely crush any clothie that doesn't know how to fight hunters.

In WOW, bad players can get absolutely owned by an equal leveled good player.

If a rogue gets the jump on you..  yeah, sometimes it's hard to kill them.. but it's never hard to just run away and reset the fight.   If a rogue jumps you, and you die trying to cast frostbolt.. well yeah it probably will seem frustrating to you.

• HogemannHogemann Member Posts: 21

I just think that the durations of the saps, gauges, blinds from rogues skills are too long, same thing could be said about polymorph. Cloths on stunlocks just wait for the final blow ... I play with a enhancement shammy( tauren ) and when i finally get of the stun( trinkets on CD ) i just have about 50% or less HP to BEGIN a counter method, basic I do war stomp and shamanistic rage ( AoE fear drums r nice too ), and almost kill a rogue, but I always get the "almost".

• egg20001ukegg20001uk Member Posts: 124

You don't have to PVP theres a lot of PVE content in the game aswell and the stunlocking your on about made me laugh to be honest almost all of the classes have their own form of stun/kiting skills.

You just need to practice a little bit and you will be fine. I do not see much point in this post though. If you are so concerned about the game then post on the official wow forums.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Fail...

I hate to use this phrase, but learn to play (atleast I didn't use the short version )

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357

what is a 'stunlock' ?

and please can you explain what is wrong with such a thing? =p

----------------
    Hello!

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Da1e

what is a 'stunlock' ?

Means you get to sway from side to side while half bent over like you're drunk while rogues run around you in circles slashing you or raping you from behind.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

what is a 'stunlock' ?

Now here's the man that gets it, good game sir, good game.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Stunlocking.

That's it. Ok right I buy a game and level up and finally am able to get STUNLOCKED and never do anything. TJust stand there waiting for stunlocks which last for 60 seconds to finish.

In my time in WoW I learned just about every class has a stun if you can't learn to avoid it you probably should quit but not just wow I think you might have aproblem in just about any pvp game you play

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

what is a 'stunlock' ?

It immobilizes your character and stops you from fighting back..it can last a whole fight.

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Stunlock in when a rogue uses stuns on you repeteadly so you cant do nothing. At least the crappy players cant (much like the guy who made this thread)

PS. Trinket out of kidney shot, not cheap shot.

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

Stunlocking.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You will not be missed. Bye bye

• KrazcoKrazco Member Posts: 167

Stunlocking.

thats why they made a Crowd control PVP thrinket

Want to play: Lego Universe

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Shlomo

Never played DAoC, did you? You'd be mezzed, then stunned, then rooted if you lived that long.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

YEs you gotta love all the "bad player" arguments.....Im sure all of you calling him a bad player have never lost a fight, never got stunned, never feared, etc etc etc......Alot of people hate the PVP in WoW...... Just cause he brings some of the dumb points of WOW PVP to light doesnt mean you can just blow it off by calling him a bad player......

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Theocritus

YEs you gotta love all the "bad player" arguments.....Im sure all of you calling him a bad player have never lost a fight, never got stunned, never feared, etc etc etc......Alot of people hate the PVP in WoW...... Just cause he brings some of the dumb points of WOW PVP to light doesnt mean you can just blow it off by calling him a bad player......

CC effects on players last no more than 10 seconds and have dimishing returns, ie, sheep a player for 10 seconds the next sheep will only last 5 seconds the next about 2 seconds.

And yes their are bad players who just get beat by far more experienced players, WoW is a fairly well balanced game but there will always be poor players who complain about balance for the pure fact they aint good at PvP, I still see people in PvP who turn using A/S or the cursor keys and not the mouse. LOL

I got to 20 in GW a few years ago but was getting my ass handed to me in PVP for the simple reason I had not played PVP enough.. the same is true for WoW.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

If you don't like being chain feared/poly feared/stunlocked, make a level 19 twink. Run around and slice people with a rogue, run around and AoE fear and heal with a priest, run around and wing clip or hamstring with a hunter or warrior, all the while laughing at the regular people with 500-700 HP that you can 3-shot.

There's not too many stuns or whatever so it's basic, gritty PvP where skill is important once you have the gear.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

There is a simple reason why people always get upset over stunlocking rogues and not fearspam locks.  It's the fact you didn't see the rogue coming and got KO'ed.  I admit that is more annoying since I could see the lock coming.

It's like sitting comfortably in your own house and some guy springs out of the closet and kicks your ass.  The surprise factor ticks you off more than if you lost a fight to the same guy in a boxing ring.

Any game that has loss of control effects has balance issues with pvp.  No one likes having control of their character taken away from them.

• DithrainDithrain Member Posts: 20

Another player (most likely warlock) whining about stunlocks.

It's been done man.   Move on.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

People don't get WoW's PvP.  They claim it's imbalanced and pointless, but these are just bad gamers.  I've played in competitive LAN tournaments for games like Quakeworld, Quake3, Painkiller, Counterstrike, etc.. and WoW is just as competitive, if not more.  It's like chess on crack.  Not quite as cereberal as a high quality RTS, and not quite as twitchy as quake, but a nice mesh of the two this kind of gameplay.

Now having gear is important but once you're on a competitve level in the Arena this no longer matters.  Remember this is a ROLEPLAYING game and having a progression of power what RPGs are all about.  If you want 100% fair, 100% guaranteed balanced every fight games, then pick another genre.   Sometimes it's the inequalities of a game as diverse as WoW that makes it so interesting.

People whine about the CC (Crowd Control abilities) being overpowered really just don't get the game at all.  The CC is what makes the game interesting, otherwise it would just be two players pressing their stab and nuke buttons as fast as possible.   The CC in WoW adds a massively tactical element to the combat.  Timing and strategy and complete knowledge of every classes abilities is absolutely essential to win. 

Fake casts, line of sight, distance, cooldowns, mana conservation, counter-abilities.. all of these things make every fight completely different.  The noobs are the ones who just spam their abilities as soon as they are available, completely failing at the game.  These people should just quit gaming altogether.

As for stunlock, countering this ability is all about the timing of your trinket.   It's really only the cloth casters that have the most to worry about, and these guys have the tools to beat stunlock (fear / heals / iceblock etc)

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...