Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMAGINE

So typically when a game is cancelled, and is being shut down, there is a months notice or so, and then it is opened up until the last day, free for all kind of thing.

Can you imagine how packed the servers might become if all the old vets and any interested players, decide to be a part of the last hours of SWG?

I imagine the servers crashing WELL before midnight that night.  Huge celebrations in game.

Comments

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

So long as I don't have to pay for it I'd be there for the closing of SWG. I'd want to see if any old friends logged back in as well so I can get in touch with them again.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

The Only thing I can promise is there will be a breaking news Rodo report - "Eulogy For the Erroneous New Game Edition".

With this Evil monster finally slain only then can your Van Helsing of MMOs rest.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Nah, that's a closed chapter for me now.  I've moved onto new (and much less stressful) adventures in another MMO with many of my best online friends, and still keep in touch with others via a forum set up by my old SWG guild.  Awesome people, CIA on Ahazi.

I went back to SWG for a couple months about a year into the NGE.  It was like seeing your hometown after it'd been hit by a natural disaster.  Things you enjoyed gone, things remaining broken, most of the people you knew gone.  Honestly it was eerie and depressing.

I'll be happy to leave that in the past, cherish some of the good memories and even moreso the lasting friendships that I've been blessed with.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

I loved the game and want to remember the fun I had not the mess that the NGE brought about! Also, I would have to reinstall with my Pre-Cu discs and that would be waaaaay to much time wasted getting the updates! And to be totally honest there is only one player that I miss from Swg! Sigfreid if you happen accross this post PM me bud, everyone else I knew really well in game I know IRL!

• TzimiscechiTzimiscechi Member Posts: 230

No.

I had SWG's grave dug years ago. I'm more than ready to toss in the body...the gasoline...the matches...and the handgrenade....

Oh I'm sorry, I take that back: first I'd drive a stake through its heart, fill its mouth with prayer waffers, then cut off the head and burn all of it just to make sure it NEVER GETS OUT OF ITS GRAVE.

But then some idiot programmer somewhere down the line would probably want to rexamine it thinking that maybe it really could fly...

Or maybe I just watch too many movies.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I'll be there. Been planning on being there since the NGE bomb was dropped on us. Didn't think it'd take this long. I need closure

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

SWG is ancient history for me. It was a great game when I started but things went south very quickly after the CU. I've already moved on to other MMo's and have no desire to go back to this game. Let it die with dignity and let it rest in peace when it's dead.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Originally posted by keltic1701

SWG is ancient history for me. It was a great game when I started but things went south very quickly after the CU. I've already moved on to other MMo's and have no desire to go back to this game. Let it die with dignity and let it rest in peace when it's dead.

Way too late for that my friend.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

Nah. The SWG I loved was partly killed by the CU and then fully done in with the NGE and I feel no interest in being there for the NGEs wake, whenever it does happen.

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Originally posted by keltic1701

Way too late for that my friend.

Much too late for a dignified exit...

• jamahljamahl Member Posts: 8

Though I should return if there was the shutting down of the servers it would be for me personally a pyrrhic victory in the end.  I'd said my last good bye to peeps ingame and watched how the Nazi orientated board mods deleted good bye thread by me (which I might like to add had no whatsoever comments made by me or people to Combat Upgrade, come on getting to the level of deleting a thread like that is silly) frankly I don’t really honestly care now.  Only thing I would be happy is if someone tied Smed to the SWG servers and then set on fire the building as they shut it down.

• UltimateN00bUltimateN00b Member Posts: 51

I saw the last day of SWG on November 14, 2005.  I don't need to ever log on again.

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

I think I would have agreed with "everybody will come back to watch the Last Day" a month or two after the NGE.

But by now, any vets even remotely interested in the game that replaced SWG have already come back during a free trial, seen the old sights, been utterly bored, and left again.  I think for most, it wouldn't be worth the time and hard disk space to re-install, play for a day, and un-install.  This is one that definitely ends with a whimper, not a bang.

• HardwareGuyHardwareGuy Member UncommonPosts: 64

Anyone know a good way to get in touch with people that played over on shadowfire in ELITE?  Be cool to see if they are gonna go back for something like that heh

Playing: Nothing
    Retired:Too many to list.

• TIN-foilTIN-foil Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Suvroc

So long as I don't have to pay for it I'd be there for the closing of SWG. I'd want to see if any old friends logged back in as well so I can get in touch with them again.

Can you imagine if everyones friends list went nuts the last night?  Other games' populations would probably spike from reunions alone... lol

• TIN-foilTIN-foil Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by HardwareGuy

Anyone know a good way to get in touch with people that played over on shadowfire in ELITE?  Be cool to see if they are gonna go back for something like that heh

Shadowfire is where I had my first non-Bria alts.  had a char. in ELITE too.  lol

• AnobacaAnobaca Member Posts: 68

I do not have a desire to log in on the last day if and when it is closed. Of the friends I made in game I still play with one in another game and lost touch with the other three. There was only one other I wanted to keep in touch with and they left with the launch of the CU. I stayed with the CU just in case they came back to say bye since they just disappeared before the last day they told me.

With the launch of the NGE I had lost all desire to log in much less watch anything star wars. Since the professions I were are gone and the only friend I would want to see I doubt would be there and to some point not sure at this point I am not sure if I would want to anymore. The game I really liked disappeared Apirl of that year the game now just is not the SWG I want to play.

I am sure by now all my houses are gone and my toon problay is gone to. Since the friends I still talk to from there are not in that game but another I will be loging into that game if and when that happens. I enjoy my memories from them but for me I believe I have moved on to the point log in there would just be a HUGE step back. Not sure if that makes sense.