Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Russian Version Coming

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Funcom has announced that they have signed an agreement with 1C Company to work on the Russian language version Age of Conan.

Durham, USA – July 31, 2008 – Funcom and 1C Company announces the signing of a Service Partnership Agreement for a Russian version of Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. According to the agreement 1C will fully localize voice and text and operate local customer service, communities, websites and in-game support for Age of Conan in Russian, while Funcom takes care of back-end technology, server infrastructure and continuous development of the game. A dedicated Russian realm is to be created, giving the Russian community an opportunity to stay together and communicate with each other in their native language.

The agreement shows Funcom and 1C Company’s full dedication to the growing Eastern European market, and is another important step in ensuring long-term success for Age of Conan through-out numerous languages and regions.

“1C Company is a clear leader in the Russian speaking regions, and we are confident we have found the perfect partner,” said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom. “We have already shipped a substantial amount of English boxes into Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, but we know that the real key to success is achieved through localized servers and services. Together with 1C Company we will do our uttermost to make Age of Conan a success for many years to come.”

Read more here.

Comments

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

"operate local customer service" "ingame support for Age of Conan in Russian" anyword on when they are adding these things for english speaking people?

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

LOL

Like they dont have enough problems with the english market already.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Russians loved them some AO. PK happy.

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230

fix the english version first you dumb arses

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by sigamon

Pretty sure the game is beyond fixing. All Funcom is doing by releasing a Russian version is brining in even more people to tell them what a terrible game AoC is.

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

Originally posted by sigamon

Pretty sure the game is beyond fixing. All Funcom is doing by releasing a Russian version is brining in even more people to tell them what a terrible game AoC is.

agreed!

• skubaskuba Member UncommonPosts: 57

Waste of money

hi

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by skuba

Waste of money

not really, I'm sure the russian version will be botched up, kinda like how some japanese-to-engrish games are. Besides, if I remember, its only in Russia that when you PK in a game, you better be prepared to PK that same bitch in real life, then have your entire guild threaten the pk'ed person's family :D

happened in either germany or russia... oh well

• Chewie1802Chewie1802 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Cursedsei

Waste of money

not really, I'm sure the russian version will be botched up, kinda like how some japanese-to-engrish games are. Besides, if I remember, its only in Russia that when you PK in a game, you better be prepared to PK that same bitch in real life, then have your entire guild threaten the pk'ed person's family :D

This has NOT happened in germany!

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

In Soviet Russia, AoC trolls YOU

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Chewie1802

Originally posted by Cursedsei

Waste of money

This has NOT happened in germany!

ahh sorry then, I know it was one of those two countries, I just couldnt remember which.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by daylight01

"operate local customer service" "ingame support for Age of Conan in Russian" anyword on when they are adding these things for english speaking people?

Even though I disagree with you I definilty LOL'd by what you said

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Damn Russia, what did you do to deserve this?