Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about buying LoTR?

BleurenBleuren Member UncommonPosts: 29

DO IT!!!!!!

I'm on a Buddy Key right now checking the game out... It's SO AWSOME!!! So much to do, and each character you pick pretty much has a different storyiline due to the race and area it's from. Really good game in the Character area, I of course am not a High level yet, but, so far it seems cool!

Faclare - LoTR Elendilmir

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I liked WoW better. LOTRO just seemed too much like WoW, but not enough of it, at the same time. Just couldnt get into it.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I would recommend the trial to anyone.  You'll "get it" and love it or experience extreme "meh."  There doesn;t seem to be much middle ground, and  most folks that post here are pretty firmly in one camp or the other.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526
    Originally posted by Bleuren

DO IT!!!!!!
    I'm on a Buddy Key right now checking the game out... It's SO AWSOME!!! So much to do, and each character you pick pretty much has a different storyiline due to the race and area it's from. Really good game in the Character area, I of course am not a High level yet, but, so far it seems cool!

Great Im glad you love it so far!

Love the avatar sanders! Coheed rocks!

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by jarish

DO IT!!!!!!

Yes, they do! ^_^

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• OrodruinOrodruin Member Posts: 7

I have played almost a year now and have two high-level characters. I have played many games before but this game captures everything which I ever looked for. Great graphics, epic storyline and many many things to do. I can promise you that you're in for a treat getting to high-level and even after that you will have lots and lots of adventures in front of you. 

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by Yeebo

I would recommend the trial to anyone.  You'll "get it" and love it or experience extreme "meh."  There doesn;t seem to be much middle ground, and  most folks that post here are pretty firmly in one camp or the other.

I agree.  I find that the people who like are those who are really in to experiencing a story and less into gear and pwning face.

In either case it's pretty rare from someone to try and and say "Man, that game really sucked!!1"  They either love it or just "can't get into it."

• XtrizXtriz Member UncommonPosts: 48

i dont really know if i gonna buy LOTRO, but i think so.

Like Fantasy Sidescroller? Join http://blixtenquest.com now !

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by Xtriz

i dont really know if i gonna buy LOTRO, but i think so.

Make sure you do the trial (if you haven't done it yet, of course :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by sanders01

Originally posted by jarish

DO IT!!!!!!

Yes, they do! ^_^

also glad you are enjoying it

OT- never heard of Coheed till now but just checked them out on Rhapsody and will be dropping some of their stuff on my workout MP3 player. Nothing better than alt metal for heavy lifting,  my current faves are Disturbed and Kamelot

I miss DAoC

• thegeomanthegeoman Member Posts: 32

I picked up the Collector's Edition of the game for $15 in a bargain bin. Well worth it, imo, though I think it is unfortunate that the game hasn't caught on a bit more than it has.

• rturjarturja Member Posts: 199

Well, LotRO ain't the 10000 pound behemoth who is not to be named, but it isn't declining either. THe influx of new players is pretty constant or even in the rise and I still see lots of names around from the time of launch.

LotRO might not be the most original of the games Turbine has made, but looks like it's one of the few at these times delivering what devs promised from the start, gets constant content upgrades as well as patches containing very few if any stealth nerfs, bugs tend to get fixed quickly...

For a roleplayer, having a "set in stone" background gives a meaningful way of having a char that blends in in the background. Gotta admit I hated the AD&D dark elves and whatnot invading UO back when.

LotRO isn't game for everyone, that's granted, but if you enjoy stopping and smelling the roses it can have very lasting value. Just forget the rush to max level, instead read the quests, sightsee, craft...

Playing: AC2
    Played: UO, DaoC, Horizons, Ryzom, WAR, LotRO, Eve, VG...