Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SB750 any motherboards with them in yet?

PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

well thats the question, im looking for one since when i buy my new phenom i want to make sure i can overclock the hell out of it.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The ones with an SB750 should be launched this week.  So far I only heard of a Foxconn board being shown.  Foxconn isn't really a high-end motherboard maker.  Also Asus is going to publish one.  I hope MSI makes an updated version to the K9A2 790FX board.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I'm hoping there's a few manufacturers make them. I'm looking at a major upgrade in Sept/Oct and am looking at an AMD/ATI combination. Hopefully the prices will come down a bit by then. I'd prefer MSI over ASUS also.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by CleffyII

The ones with an SB750 should be launched this week.  So far I only heard of a Foxconn board being shown.  Foxconn isn't really a high-end motherboard maker.  Also Asus is going to publish one.  I hope MSI makes an updated version to the K9A2 790FX board.

yeah i heard the foxconn doesnt even have pcie 2.0 .

Il keep a eye out then since im planing on doing a nice PC overhaul and want the overclock my phenom as much as possible.

i wish i could search by southbridge on these sites.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by PureChaos
    Originally posted by CleffyII The ones with an SB750 should be launched this week.  So far I only heard of a Foxconn board being shown.  Foxconn isn't really a high-end motherboard maker.  Also Asus is going to publish one.  I hope MSI makes an updated version to the K9A2 790FX board.

Il keep a eye out then since im planing on doing a nice PC overhaul and want the overclock my phenom as much as possible.

You can.... On newegg at least.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by daelnor

Originally posted by PureChaos

Originally posted by CleffyII

You can.... On newegg at least.

unless I'm missing something, you can only search on northbridge... I still haven't found any sb750 cards, I guess the manufacturers are keeping it all under wraps... hopefull they'll have some out by the end of September/early October as thats when I'm hoping ot buy...