Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: The Stormreach Chronicle

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Turbine has published the Stormreach Chronicle, which takes a weekly look at community activities in Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Welcome to the Chronicle - a weekly look at what's happening around the forums! Read on for tips, community spotlights, Turbine info, and more!

Letter from the Editors

"We're very happy to bring you this regular weekly feature, filled with spotlights on the great player activities around the DDO forums and in game! You'll also be able to find summaries of recent Turbine discussions and news, and links to helpful resources. Be on the lookout for rotating features in the Chronicle, and more segments. If you're interested in sending a submission in for the Chronicle you're more than welcome to contact any member of our Community Team. Please keep in mind that due to the volume of requests, we might not always be able to feature all submissions we receive. We appreciate your readership, and hope you enjoy the Chronicle!

Read more here.

Comments

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

DDO still online?

They should make ddo2 in krynn or Forgotten Realms instead of the crappy Eberron setting noeone really cares about.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Agree 100%

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• HvymetalHvymetal Member Posts: 355

Meh, to each their own. Krynn bored the hell out of me and Forgotten Realms is generic and way over done, much prefer Eberron.

• daadamodaadamo Member UncommonPosts: 135

Eberron blows. Make it Forgotten Realms, hell for that matter go old school and do Greyhawk with a nod to the legend Gary G. It would be a fitting tribute and sell a lot more than DDO.

• tarkin1980tarkin1980 Member Posts: 229

I too prefer the more classic settings like Greyhawk, Krynn or Forgotten Realms.. one can only hope :)

And lets hope they give us a true MMO with an open world and all that

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

Most D&D fans like it Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk Style, even Dragonlance. Though I love Eberron it is the wrong setting for a MMO.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

I also wish the setting were Greyhawk.  Eberron is kinda lame...but so are the 3.5 rules this setting was based upon.

AD&D rules and Greyhawk.  I long for a similar setting and experiance that was gained with that content. 

Regardless of all of this DDO is still a good game.  If there were 2 things to take away from what Turbine had infact accomplished it would be the extreme open ended dynamics of character building (paralleled by few; maybe EVE Online and pre-cu SWG) and the extremely well directed gaming experiance of the content. 

Can anyone name a game that's content is better scripted and provides for a well directed experiance beyond that of DDO's?  I know of none, but would love to experiance others.

• stine96stine96 Member UncommonPosts: 45

I loved the gameplay of the game but couldn't get past the bad Ebbercrap campaign setting. It reminds me of a really bad version of Final Fantasy.

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

World of Greyhawk. 

Used to have a giant wall hex map of the world, with all the placenames and cities, spent many an hour daydreaming of high adventure.

Bigby, Lolth, Mordenkainen, and

Zuggtmoy - Terrible and Fearsome Demoness Lady of Fungi, Dread and Fell Ruler of the 222nd Ghastly Plane of the Abyss, Founder of the Temple of Elemental Evil.