Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WotLK Possibly Confirmed for Q4 2008

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

A good possibility and hearing this would give reason for the sudden announcement that Warhammer will be releasing earlier then expected.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

November 30th

Launching a video game in the month of November is a popular trend in all video games, for one reason... December holidays.

For WAR it's a little more intelligent to launch earlier to 1.) get rid of all the launch naysayers (every launch will have them, whether they are worthy of them or not) by around the time the holidays roll up and 2.) Have a less crushing blow to the face with WoW's expansion. You can say all you like, WoW will destroy any game unfortunate enough to come out with the same two weeks.

I'm not saying this as a fan or a hater, but as someone who isn't completely ignorant of how powerful some games are in the video game market (need I say MMO market, since we all know WoW owns it). BC sold 2.7 million on release date, that was with 6 million total players. With double the numbers now it will at least be equal to or greater than said number. I don't want to sound like a huge fan but I don't want to sound like an idiot either and deny the fact that this game owns the MMO market.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

"Possibly confirmed"?????    Do you know what an oxymoron is?  (and, it is not an insult)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

its kind of suprising for Blizzard, so used to the "ready when its ready" mantra they had, so when i saw this i had a bit of a "WTF" moment lol

• 123123456202123123456202 Member Posts: 272

heres my numbers and order of release

1.War

2.LORTO EXPANSION

3.WotLK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.War-first month sales 1.6 million boxes sold (minimum)

2. LORTO EXPANSION- 50k (max)

3. WotLK- 2 million boxes sold (minimum)

P.S. I HATE WOW!!!!

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

2 mill might be a little light man... I'm pretty sure there is already a big healthy group of people who have it pre-ordered, and a bunch more willing to go out and possibly wait in line to get a copy. It is past the 10mil mark so.... eh... I'd say maybe 3-4...

I know I'm getting it, and all my friends who play WoW are going to get it too

Originally posted by Cursedsei

2 mill might be a little light man... I'm pretty sure there is already a big healthy group of people who have it pre-ordered, and a bunch more willing to go out and possibly wait in line to get a copy. It is past the 10mil mark so.... eh... I'd say maybe 3-4...
    I know I'm getting it, and all my friends who play WoW are going to get it too

You are right, but in all honesty I just didn't want to be called a fanboi for saying so.

It'll more or less probably be around the 3-4 mil area as you say.

• celdridgeceldridge Member Posts: 188

I always felt they should do a Halloween night release.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

If the TBC is anything to go by which sold 2.4million copies in the forst 24 hours 3.5million in the first month... with the current wow population (paid subsribers) higher today than they were at TBC release I expect similar if not higher number.

• VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by 123123456202

1.War
    2.LORTO EXPANSION
    3.WotLK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I HATE WOW!!!!

Players who HATE games should see a Doctor.

And btw where is that other Wow killer now these days????

You know that game that had 1 million Beta requests before launch and now isn't even in the top 30 of PC... games anymore. Stopped at 700K after 6 weeks and now relegated at selling 20 K each month with Xfire stats showing they just lost 70% of their players after ... 8 weeks launch. (60k to under 18k on Xfire)

As War has 750 K Beta demands, they should be lucky to gather 600K instead of 1.6 million.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

I think it'll be 09 before we see it and with the amount of bugs and lack of polish in the WotLK beta I hope it isn't released this year.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

I heard of an early November release. It could definetely change though.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

This is my prediction.   War will come out first people will leave WoW to play that,  some will end up not likeing it for some reason and come back to WoW when WOTLK releases.  Cuz unless WAR is some revolutionary badass game I wouldnt want to have to level all the way from begining to get to max instead of just 10 lvls to get into some really cool PvP stuff.

Im no negrodomus, but only time will tell.

Originally posted by 123123456202

1.War
    2.LORTO EXPANSION
    3.WotLK

P.S. I HATE WOW!!!!

1.6 mil...?

I'd say the numbers will be from 700k to 1 mil tops, but we'll see.

not that I don't want WAR to be the next big thing, but that's beyond hopeful thinking that they'll sell 1.6 mil boxes minimum.