Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Mines of Moria Site - Warner Bros. to dist. - Collector's Edition Details

http://www.lotro.com/moria

TURBINE ANNOUNCES DISTRIBUTION PARTNERSHIP WITH

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT FOR

THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINETM: MINES OF MORIATM

North American Product Lineup Unveiled

WESTWOOD, MA - July 31, 2008

- Turbine, Inc. announced today its partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to distribute

The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Mines of MoriaTM

at retail in North America. As part of the announcement, Turbine unveiled its fall product lineup which includes two titles that will be available at retail,

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Complete Edition

and

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition

, as well as a digital only title for existing subscribers,

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Digital Expansion

"We are excited to self publish

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria

and to partner with Warner Bros. to distribute the title at retail this fall," said Jim Crowley, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. "Mines of Moria introduces breakthrough content and features including our Legendary Item system that will revolutionize the way players advance and customize their unique heroes."

expands the online world of Middle-earth

TM

to let players continue the ultimate interactive adventure in the largest and most dangerous online underground environment ever created. Players will be able to explore the ancient underground cities of the dwarves, battle epic characters in the depths, face off with the Watcher, be a part of the fateful release of Durin's Bane and more. In addition tothe Legendary Item system,

features groundbreaking dual height map technology that creates a seamless, vast, and epic environment that brings Moria to life like never before.

extends the challenge to new heights with two new classes, ten additional levels and hundreds of new quests.

"Turbine has an impressive track record of creating and publishing high quality massively multiplayer online games," said John Quinn, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Operations, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "We look forward to working with Turbine and we will leverage our experience in distributing successful premium titles with the launch of

this fall."

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria - Fall 2008 Product Lineup:
  • The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Complete Edition will include the original The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Shadows of AngmarTM game (Volume I), all content updates released since launch, and The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria (Volume II). The Complete Edition will be available at retail stores nationwide and offers new players who wish to journey through the most complete and authentic recreation of Middle-earth the full, award-winning experience.
  • The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition will feature the content of the Complete Edition as well as compelling digital and physical items for collectors. Limited quantities of the Collector's Edition will be available at retail outlets in a unique leather-bound book packaging and will include:
  • 3 exclusive tokens that can be exchanged for the player's choice of 8 different in-game items
  • 22" x 22" premium quality cloth map of the Mines of Moria
  • Special gold-plated ring complete with chain and pouch
  • Mines of Moria poster
  • The Lord of the Rings Online Art and Music Collection with the official Mines of Moria Soundtrack
  • A full color Collector's Edition Starter Guide
  • The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Digital Expansion is a digital upgrade that will allow existing subscribers to The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar to continue the ultimate interactive adventure into the vast, terrifying and unparalleled world beneath Middle-earth.
The Lord of the Rings Online

is the ultimate interactive adventure. This award-winning massively multiplayer online role playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most beloved fantasy of all time. From the picturesque surroundings of the Shire to Moria, the most fearsome underground realm ever imagined, players will experience the world of Middle-earth as never before. For more information on

, please visit

www.lotro.com/moria

About Turbine

Turbine, Inc. is the premier creator, operator and publisher of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is one of the largest privately-held online gaming studios in North America and was recently chosen by AlwaysOn as one of the OnHollywood 100 Top Private Companies, a power list of the top private emerging technology companies in digital entertainment and media. The company has created some of the world's most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Shadows of AngmarTM, Dungeons & Dragons OnlineTM and Asheron's Call®. For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

About Tolkien Enterprises

The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises is the holder of worldwide motion picture, legitimate stage, merchandising, and other rights in J.R.R. Tolkien's literary works The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Tolkien Enterprises has been producing and licensing films, stage productions and merchandise based on Tolkien's works for more than 30 years. Its headquarters are in Berkeley, California, and its website may be found at www.tolkien-ent.com.

# # #

*Golden Joystick 2007 PC Game of the Year

"The Lord of the Rings Online," "Shadows of Angmar," "Middle-earth," "Mines of Moria," "The Lord of the Rings," and the names of the characters, events, items and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to Turbine, Inc. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

Comments

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Great find, will buy for sure.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

Yeah I was just going to do the dig. d/l, but now I'm leaning heavily to the CE. Oh BTW there will be crafting guilds now! (Whatever that meanes )

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Digital DL for me x 2.

All the other stuff would just end up in the garbage enventually (and you know yours will too )

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I hope that Codemasters will do a beter job this time and really make an amazing CE for us europeans!

The one you get seems very nice!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• ShangalaShangala Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by solareus

I don't think Codemasters is a factor now that Warner Brothers is involed. Warner Brothers is an international entity like Sony when it comes to the entertainment industry.

Have you read the press release?

Turbine, Inc. announced today its partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to distribute The Lord of the Rings Online™: Mines of Moria™ at retail in North America.

• ShangalaShangala Member Posts: 54

You could be right of course, what is certain though is that the Eu version will have a different box art for example. (See the end of www.youtube.com/watch compared to the trailer on Gametrailers.) It also says in the faq on lotro-europe.com "It is still undetermined whether there will be a Special edition of the Mines of Moria made available."

Well, I hope we get one at least, whether it is Codemasters who makes it or they copy the american one.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I want to know what the in game items you can pick from are.  I'd pay an extra $20 if it was more free stuff for all my newbie alts.  As it stands I get a pocket item, a ring, two cloaks, and some hope vials  whenever I start a new toon (stuff from three different promotions), as well as a free horse at 25.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Yeebo

I want to know what the in game items you can pick from are.  I'd pay an extra $20 if it was more free stuff for all my newbie alts.  As it stands I get a pocket item, a ring, two cloaks, and some hope vials  whenever I start a new toon (stuff from three different promotions), as well as a free horse at 25.

I am going to have to wait and see the price. I may just go the digital download route.

I miss DAoC

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by Yeebo

I am going to have to wait and see the price. I may just go the digital download route.

That's what I'll be doing as well, unless the in game items in the collectors edition are especially swank.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.