Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamestop - Buy Regular Edition and get CE Codes!

I don't know if this will work for you, but here's how I got CE codes by pre-ordering a regular edition.

1)Pre-order regular edition of WAR

2)Send e-mail to tech support asking about pre-order codes that come with Warhammer Online (Include order #)

3)I got an e-mail with Collector Edition codes. Maybe I just got some incredibly stupid support guy, but it's worth the chance!

Good Luck!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." Ayn Rand

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Every pre-order gets the Open beta and Headstart codes whether you get the Collector's edition or the basic one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

Just did the same lol....no response yet but I sent my email to "[email protected]" is that what you sent it to as well?

~HappyGaming

• jpeterson92jpeterson92 Member Posts: 53

No. It's CE codes. When I register the Open Beta code it says collector's edition, and the e-mail with the codes begins with....

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the WARHAMMER® ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING

Collector's Edition.

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." Ayn Rand

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

It doesn't really matter since both editions get the codes now anyways.

Originally posted by korvix

Just did the same lol....no response yet but I sent my email to "[email protected]" is that what you sent it to as well?

~HappyGaming

Yep!

Originally posted by Monorojo

They also give the Collector's Edition in-game bonus codes in the same e-mail along with the Headstart and OB.

• toadkillertoadkiller Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Monorojo

Yeah it does matter -- CE codes get a longer head start than non , plus other in game items that the regular ones dont - 

• xagentxagent Member Posts: 66

If you can edit the title - you may want to change it to say "GameStop" and not "Gamespot" like it currently says.

.:// JDMnet Owner | www.jdmnet.org

Originally posted by xagent

If you can edit the title - you may want to change it to say "GameStop" and not "Gamespot" like it currently says.

Thanks for catching that! I'm so used to typing gamespot to check some gaming news that I didn't even think about it!

• xagentxagent Member Posts: 66

No problem.

.:// JDMnet Owner | www.jdmnet.org

• Well from what was alluded to over at Warhammer Alliance by Mark is that those who have the CE codes but have the cd for the standard version will be sorely dissapointed sense you still have to put the cd code in to register it.  So more than likely even if your account has the CE codes the minute it recieved the cd code for SE it will discontinue the Collector Edition items.

Originally posted by jasonqdavis

Well from what was alluded to over at Warhammer Alliance by Mark is that those who have the CE codes but have the cd for the standard version will be sorely dissapointed sense you still have to put the cd code in to register it.  So more than likely even if your account has the CE codes the minute it recieved the cd code for SE it will discontinue the Collector Edition items.

Why would they have a game registration codes and CE item codes, if one code can do both functions? It seems to me that if the game registration code knows whether or not it is CE, it would just add the items for you. The fact that they have separate codes makes me think otherwise.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by taekwondodo

Well from what was alluded to over at Warhammer Alliance by Mark is that those who have the CE codes but have the cd for the standard version will be sorely dissapointed sense you still have to put the cd code in to register it.  So more than likely even if your account has the CE codes the minute it recieved the cd code for SE it will discontinue the Collector Edition items.

Why would they have a game registration codes and CE item codes, if one code can do both functions? It seems to me that if the game registration code knows whether or not it is CE, it would just add the items for you. The fact that they have separate codes makes me think otherwise.

Because you dont have the CD product registration key during the HE..so if you run the HE with CE codes and collect things that go to the CE only and then the account system asks you for your CD key and the CD key is an SE product key it cuts off yuor CE Items (they want to give you enough time for the disks to arrive if you ordered cheap shipping) . 

They will ask for your product registration key with in a week after launch to ensure you actually bought the game.  All games do this and if your product key doesn't match your bonus items you get fubard.   So if you collected heads & items and & quests only for the CE but you have an SE arrive ... it removes those items.  They said this months ago.

Its worthless for someone with CE codes to collect CE items & quests if the only ordered the SE edition.  This was done on purpose obviously since we all know that Store Employees are morons essentially and have been known to give out things early or improperly and to also cut off the heads of Ebay sellers which there most certaintly have been tons of lately.

No company is just going to let you have items you DIDN"T pay for just because you managed to get the codes despite what you actually pre ordered.  

Enjoy OB & HE ... but don't expect to keep items you weren't meant to have if you some how got the wrong codes.

(this post is NOT in relation to the bonus's that are different between different stores just the CE vs the SE and people who got CE codes that should have SE codes).

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by taekwondodo

Because different stores give different bonuses.  It would be far more complicated and a waste of money to release the CE codes and have them assigned the code.  They have no control over what stores the CE/SE codes are sent to in particular, since everything is done by machines, so if they did it your way someone at Best Buy would have a chance to get the wrong bonus item.  It's easier to assign different codes to the SE and CE edition and have them stand out from the rest. 

If I'm not mistaken, when players registered World of Warcraft CE they actually have it identified on their associated games.  Unlike WAR, WoW gave all players with CE the same items.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Thats funny how GS fks up yet again. Keep in mind though, the CE codes will be void once you enter a standard cd key to regester your account. So yea, get in the OB alittle earlier but if you start the head start with a CE code dont be suprised when that account is suspended or the cd key on the standard simply wont work for that account.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

correct me if im wrong but i believe for you to keep the head start charicter you must enter in a CE cd key

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338

I just entered my codes that i got from game stop and it says; Warhammer Pre order. Fucking gamestop gave me the wrong codes.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

Open beta coming to Fileplanet.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• ckylapeckylape Member UncommonPosts: 24

There are two Gamestops around my college town and my friend works at both depending on the day, and they were giving out all the ce codes for regular edition pre-order and employees could take as many as they wanted, and now they dont have any more. So becareful if your still trying to get a ce code cause you might get a ce edition and they might say they are out of codes becasue of someone took the expression "you can have as many as you like", too literal.

Waiting for:
    Blizzards Next MMO in 2014, lol

• imlazyxdimlazyxd Member UncommonPosts: 81

I pre-Order my Regular copy from a local gamestop and I had to wait like 2 months. They finally had the Closed Beta cards today. It came in a Red Box and inside is a Starter Trading card game and the Open Beta card that also had the in-game Bonus items codes.

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by imlazyxd

I pre-Order my Regular copy from a local gamestop and I had to wait like 2 months. They finally had the Closed Beta cards today. It came in a Red Box and inside is a Starter Trading card game and the Open Beta card that also had the in-game Bonus items codes.

Same, but i ordered a CE and got those codes. I'm never ordering from Gamestop again.