Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rose Online USA f2p now

DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Rose online just converted to full f2p, it had a subscription plan in place before, but now its full f2p. Anyone plan on checking it out?

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Definently me, I got a trial or something at one point a few years back, and I thought it was a great game, but I didn't want to have to subscribe.

Hope its still good :D

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Rose online just converted to full f2p, it had a subscription plan in place before, but now its full f2p. Anyone plan on checking it out?

I'm doing the trial right now. The ftp doesn't go in effect 'til the 29th.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I don't see any point in playing this. The korean version and development team shut down a long time ago so it's not like this game is going to get any updates.

In fact, I think the USA version is the only one still left. the Philipine version also went f2p for about a month or two before it shut down, so it can't be long.

Oh well, it was little more than a poor Ragnarok Online rip off in 3D anyway.

• VozzVozz Member Posts: 27

Technically, I don't think a company can rip off its own game; it's made by the same people behind Ragnarok, you know.

...moo?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Gameloading

I don't see any point in playing this. The korean version and development team shut down a long time ago so it's not like this game is going to get any updates.
    In fact, I think the USA version is the only one still left. the Philipine version also went f2p for about a month or two before it shut down, so it can't be long.

Hey, you're the one always telling me to give the asian games a chance.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Give good asian games a chance.  The team who made it was bought up by Gravity.  It was never made by them.

• LusafurLusafur Member Posts: 52

sorry to say but most games that are free to play are asian games,i mean i dont see anyone else making free games

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

yeppy it about dam time. i was a beta tester for the game it was alot of fun. i have been read about all the spam bots and farmer's watch is realy sad but al well i guess we all will live.

one other thing is if you go play don't pick bow hawker they removed alot of the good arrows

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Wow, for someone that has been around here for 4 years, I'd expect a little bit more of an educated post from you.  I guess time doesn't equal intelligence, merely ***.

The ROSE Online development team in Korea has been dead for a while now.  There are currently 3 versions of ROSE Online running, all are F2P: Indonesia, Japan, and USA.  Since the Korean company shutdown, the Japanese and US servers have been run independently of one another creating their own content.  ROSE USA is the international version as both Indonesia and Japan have IP bans on outside countries.

And when I can jump in Ragnarok Online, then I'll call it a ripoff, but as far as I can tell there's no relation between the two considering both games are maintained by the same company.

Moral of the story: Just because a company shuts down does not mean that the development of a game dies (this also applies to non-MMOs where there are these people called "modders" who modify games with new skins, characters, and territory).

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO