Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft account hacked!!

kalimero27kalimero27 Member Posts: 21

Hey guys.

I have played WoW since release and at the end of 2007 i stopped my subscription to study hard for graduation.  Anyways. the other day i tried to log into account management to sign up again.

Problem is that i couldnt log into account.

I have tried using my SQ to get a new password but it sais its the wrong email.

So ive sent some emails to blizz regarding my account. problem is.... How long Will i have to wait to get my account back??

I have filled out 2 kinds of forms and fowarded it to blizzard (inc my ID)

Dont they have all information thats needed to get my account back?

Any answered would be appreciated!

Best Regards

Kali

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by kalimero27

Hey guys.

I have played WoW since release and at the end of 2007 i stopped my subscription to study hard for graduation.  Anyways. the other day i tried to log into account management to sign up again.
    So ive sent some emails to blizz regarding my account. problem is.... How long Will i have to wait to get my account back??

Best Regards
    Kali

Such issues normaly take a few days.  from what i have seen.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

someone changed my email once... i emailed them and said "change it back and make my pass ************************"   10 minutes later... done...

Blizz is normally very speedy with responding to such things..

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• wicked357wicked357 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Ill you have to do it call blizzard at the number you can get from WoW website and tell them you think you account was hacked there is information that doesn't change they can check stuff and fix it for you,I had this happen to me once over a year ago. It is simple I was on the phone for like 2 mins and he reset my password and fixed my email address. You need your secret word and you information but because it is your account I am sure you will have no problem answering all the questions.

• kalimero27kalimero27 Member Posts: 21

i have allready talked to them thru phone but didnt really get any good answers. first time i called they told me i should fill out the forms he was telling me about and then call them again in 30min and we would figure something out directly. but the problem was that the support were just going to close so he told me to send the forms and then call me in the morning.

I Called them the next day and a couple of days after that. only answer i have gotten is that my account is under investigation. i have given them all info and im kinda sure that its the right secret question and all. even sent them my ID(they even got my last 4 numbers from my credit card)  so i Wouldnt figure they would take this long to give me my account back. i have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and not a single responce.

I am getting a little annoyed because this summer is ending for me.

Is there no way i could speed up the investigation or something?

• vietovieto Member Posts: 2

hi

both me and my friend were hacked in the same week, for me it was the case of a quick phone call, problem sorted.

for my friend, not so good, he had alot more gold than me so wot ever the dumb hacker was doing on his account got it flagged up and banned for a trade violation, meaning not even my m8 the owner cuddn't get it unlocked for about 5 working days.

if that wasnt bad enough, blizzard slapped him with a further 24 hour ban for not having a secure account.

i have to ask, at wich point, or what amount of profit does a mmo provider get to for them to become this arrogant, not just with accounts, i mean general server performance, it seems mediocre laggy servers, BG crashes evading mobs that melee u from 50 yards away and so on have become the acceptable norm in wow

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Originally posted by vieto

hi
    both me and my friend were hacked in the same week, for me it was the case of a quick phone call, problem sorted.
    for my friend, not so good, he had alot more gold than me so wot ever the dumb hacker was doing on his account got it flagged up and banned for a trade violation, meaning not even my m8 the owner cuddn't get it unlocked for about 5 working days.
    if that wasnt bad enough, blizzard slapped him with a further 24 hour ban for not having a secure account.
    i have to ask, at wich point, or what amount of profit does a mmo provider get to for them to become this arrogant, not just with accounts, i mean general server performance, it seems mediocre laggy servers, BG crashes evading mobs that melee u from 50 yards away and so on have become the acceptable norm in wow

did you use this number?

For assistance please call: 1 (800) 592 5499

I found it under Billing and Account services.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• Howler54Howler54 Member UncommonPosts: 133

My account was hacked pretty recently.

I mailed all account information I had to [email protected] and explained what happened.

(Probably a different address for US-players)

They sent a reply requesting more information ( credit card number and a photo of your ID)

But it took them like 2 months to give me my account back, so expect to wait a while.

• vietovieto Member Posts: 2

United Kingdom: 0800 931 0800 (free)

u didnt say were ur from so, look here, as that number u posted is not on the country list;

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html

as for taking months for the other poster to get your acc. back, all i had to give was the original WoW key code, and the email add. used to set the account up, a hacker wont b able to get that info.

• woody1974woody1974 Member Posts: 257

Hey guys.

Best Regards
    Kali

I hope you not talking about your account ID, because according to their rules they will never ask you for that information. All they really need to get your account information is the email you used to register when you first installed and subscribed and maybe if you used a credit card the information from that. If you did use a credit card to subscribe, do you have the same credit card still or did you get a new 1, if you got a new card you may have to change your old account billing information to the new one, plus usually if you forget your account password you should be able to go to the website and request for it using just your email account, the 1 you used when you 1st subscribed and registered.

• CreepingDoomCreepingDoom Member Posts: 116

Hey guys.

Best Regards
    Kali

The forms will not do you any good, they clearly state on the form that they can only respond to the email resgistered on the account at the time, which by your own admission isn't yours, making the webform useless.

So what do you need to do to recover your account you ask? its very simple really.

Call Blizzard Billing and Account Services @ 1-800-592-5499

Explain to them that the email associated with your account is no longer accessable by you, and that you would like to have them update it to the email you currently use.

Make sure to have your Account Name,  Full Name registered to the account and Secret Question/Answer ready, as they will need it for security verification before being able to change your email.

Once they have updated it to your new email, ask the rep to read the email back to you so as to ensure they have the right one, didn't make a typo, etc..

After that, you will either be emailed a temporary password, or you will be able to use the Forgot Your Password page to generate a new password so you can access the account, as the email should now be yours after the phone conversation with the Blizzard rep.

Rock a FailCom avatar now and express your disgust with pride!

The truth hurts...
    Funcom RX

• kalimero27kalimero27 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by CreepingDoom

Hey guys.

Best Regards
    Kali

The forms will not do you any good, they clearly state on the form that they can only respond to the email resgistered on the account at the time, which by your own admission isn't yours, making the webform useless.

So what do you need to do to recover your account you ask? its very simple really.

Call Blizzard Billing and Account Services @ 1-800-592-5499

Explain to them that the email associated with your account is no longer accessable by you, and that you would like to have them update it to the email you currently use.

Make sure to have your Account Name,  Full Name registered to the account and Secret Question/Answer ready, as they will need it for security verification before being able to change your email.

Once they have updated it to your new email, ask the rep to read the email back to you so as to ensure they have the right one, didn't make a typo, etc..

After that, you will either be emailed a temporary password, or you will be able to use the Forgot Your Password page to generate a new password so you can access the account, as the email should now be yours after the phone conversation with the Blizzard rep.

Well that didnt work out as i was expecting.

I called them and the only thing they  told me that the account is locked and that i will have to wait for the investigation on my account is done. and that i Would "Maybe" get an answer from them today but they cant promise anything.

So i Would just have to wait for them to verify the ownership...

Their accountretrieval process sucks!!! it has been annoying trying to get back my account..

Wish it wouldnt take this long time.

Well thank you for the tip. it would prolly work if the account wasnt locked.

Regards Kali