Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Son of top Hamas leader converts to Christianity

frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Hamas' Christian convert: I've left a society that sanctifies terror

A moment before beginning his supper, Masab, son of West Bank Hamas leader Sheikh Hassan Yousef, glances at the friend who has accompanied him to the restaurant where we met. They whisper a few words and then say grace, thanking God and Jesus for putting food on their plates.

It takes a few seconds to digest this sight: The son of a Hamas MP who is also the most popular figure in that extremist Islamic organization, a young man who assisted his father for years in his political activities, has become a rank-and-file Christian. "I'm now called Joseph," he says at the outset.

Masab knows that he has little hope of returning to visit the Holy Land in this lifetimeI know that I'm endangering my life and am even liable to lose my father, but I hope that he'll understand this and that God will give him and my family patience and willingness to open their eyes to Jesus and to Christianity. Maybe one day I'll be able to return to Palestine and to Ramallah with Jesus, in the Kingdom of God."

Nor does he attempt to hide his affection for Israel, or his abhorrence of everything representing the surroundings in which he grew up: the nation, the religion, the organization.

"Send regards to Israel, I miss it. I respect Israel and admire it as a country," he says.

"You Jews should be aware: You will never, but never have peace with Hamas. Islam, as the ideology that guides them, will not allow them to achieve a peace agreement with the Jews. They believe that tradition says that the Prophet Mohammed fought against the Jews and that therefore they must continue to fight them to the death."

Is that the justification for the suicide attacks?

"More than that. An entire society sanctifies death and the suicide terrorists. In Palestinian culture a suicide terrorist becomes a hero, a martyr. Sheikhs tell their students about the 'heroism of the shaheeds.'"

And yet, in spite of the criticism of the place he left, California can't make the longings disappear.

"I miss Ramallah," he says. "People with an open mind. ... I mainly miss my mother, my brothers and sisters, but I know that it will be very difficult for me to return to Ramallah soon."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1007097.html

Can the US keep him safe...frodus hopes so. he is coming the Us to live.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I hope he doesn't return to his country. If a muslim converts away from Islam its an automatic death sentence.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Whoa now this is news, hope he can get find safety here in the US of A.

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by BushMonkey

Whoa now this is news, hope he can get find safety here in the US of A.

cant wait for the BOOK Whoa...

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

i heard jimmy carter was going to be sent to this boys home to talk sense to him.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by Enigma

If a muslim converts away from Islam its an automatic death sentence.

We have immigrants (Muslims) that converts to Christianity and they are still alive and kickin'.

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Aragoni

We have immigrants (Muslims) that converts to Christianity and they are still alive and kickin'.

512008thinker.jpg

“On present demographic trends, by the end of the twenty-first century at the latest, Europe will be Muslim.” — Bernard Lewis......But for how long

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

It's a simple matter of Islamic law...in countries and areas where it is still enforced, converting from Islam is one of the bigger sins that a person can commit...When they do it here of course they are safe, at least they are safe from the government telling them to convert back or die...No telling how their families will react regardless of their geographical location.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Originally posted by Draenor

It's a simple matter of Islamic law...in countries and areas where it is still enforced, converting from Islam is one of the bigger sins that a person can commit...When they do it here of course they are safe, at least they are safe from the government telling them to convert back or die...No telling how their families will react regardless of their geographical location.

Biggest sin, right after a woman letting herself get raped.

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

This thread is incredibley racist towards muslims, anyway, im pretty sure in every religion if  you leave it is a pretty big sin...

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Yeah thats cause you live in Sweden. Move him back to Jordan and see what happens lol

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Yes, but you are in Sweden, not the Middle East.