Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*vomits*

Aaaaargh!!!!!!

Sony is going to ruin the whole super hero legacy in mmorpgs, CoH and CoV plus the Champions online coming out are enough!!! Let NCSoft do what they're good at and save us the pain!

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

more choices is not a bad thing

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Nadia

I agree the New DC Universe will make the NCsoft's COx and Champions on-line look that much better!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

I agree the New DC Universe will make the NCsoft's COx and Champions on-line look that much better!

Still haven't grown over your childish SOE rampage eh?

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Gameloading

I think he likes the attention

Originally posted by jinxit

I think he likes the attention

Obviously, he's more of an attention whore than a presidency candidate

And please jestor, if you're going to make crappy movies about your anti SOE crusade, at least get a decent mic so we can actually hear what you're saying.

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

After seeing the most recent convention video/demonstration, I'm sold. Super speed that can run up walls, its about freakin' time.

Originally posted by spookytooth

After seeing the most recent convention video/demonstration, I'm sold. Super speed that can run up walls, its about freakin' time.

I have to agree. This game was really under my radar but I have become really interested in it after watching gameplay footage.

• GalgamemnonGalgamemnon Member Posts: 115

Lol do any of your realise how much SoE ruins the mmorpg business? Jestor Rodo knows what hes talking about, All sony does is make other games look better by putting out crap, name 1 game by SoE that isn't crap.

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Galgamemnon

Lol do any of your realise how much SoE ruins the mmorpg business?
    Care to elaborate how SoE ruins MMORPG business?
    name 1 game by SoE that isn't crap.
    Everquest 2  ... you may not like it, but you cant call it crap.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Umbral

Hmm, well SOME of SOEs games have moments of greatness.  Everquest 1 and Everquest 2, along with SWG.

EQ2 was more NGE'd than the real NGE to SWG, (whew! that's alot of acronyms!) it just took alot longer.  

EQ was catered to the hardcore raiders and they lost the semi casual folks who enjoyed grouping.

SWG - CU and the NGE, which was the worst blunder of all time in gaming history.

They have destroyed whatever greatness they had with all of those games.  All of those games are pretty bad anymore.

SOE's one decent game with potential is Vanguard, and they are totally ignoring it with a skeleton Dev team that is just now, a year and a half later, getting it to a decent playable state.

So yeah the pessimism about SOE is pretty well founded.

EQ2 is full of crappy animations and stiff bodies that look like barbie and ken dolls, and SoE ruins the business because they feed us crap with a sub thats more than its worth.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

EQ2 is full of crappy animations and stiff bodies that look like barbie and ken dolls, and SoE ruins the business because they feed us crap with a sub thats more than its worth.

Funny I always thought it was WoW that ruined the biz by making investors and game companies crank out WoW copies in the hopes that their cash cow will be the next big thing.

Originally posted by Arcken

Funny I always thought it was WoW that ruined the biz by making investors and game companies crank out WoW copies in the hopes that their cash cow will be the next big thing.

Ehhh close, i think its 50/50

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"...skeleton Dev team..."

How many people DO they have working on it?

"EQ2 is full of crappy animations and stiff bodies that look like barbie and ken dolls, and SoE ruins the business because they feed us crap with a sub thats more than its worth."

Huh?

The usual SOE mantra in full effect.

They need one of those little faces on the right to yawn, because this whole SOE BS is getting tired.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

EQ2 is full of crappy animations and stiff bodies
    EQ2 animations are better than some newer games animations like Lotro and Vanguard, EQ2 was the first MMO with facial animations and voice over for your character.
    Check the animations with high settings, it is more complex and dinamic than most MMOs, very impressive for its time.
    I dont know if you noticed but animations are even better than the upcoming Warhammer online ( at least till now )
    EQ2 was the first MMO to use motion capture, this is why the animation is so dinamic and realistic, it doesnt matter if you like or dislike the models, animations are not stiff...
    and SoE ruins the business because they feed us crap with a sub thats more than its worth.
    If you think it is crap dont pay for it, this has nothing to do with ruin the business, to tell the truth your argument is really, really silly. SoE has several issues and you come with this crap argument?

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Hmm, well SOME of SOEs games have moments of greatness.  Everquest 1 and Everquest 2, along with SWG.
    EQ2 was more NGE'd than the real NGE to SWG, (whew! that's alot of acronyms!) it just took alot longer.  
    EQ was catered to the hardcore raiders and they lost the semi casual folks who enjoyed grouping.
    SWG - CU and the NGE, which was the worst blunder of all time in gaming history.
    They have destroyed whatever greatness they had with all of those games.  All of those games are pretty bad anymore.
    SOE's one decent game with potential is Vanguard, and they are totally ignoring it with a skeleton Dev team that is just now, a year and a half later, getting it to a decent playable state.
    So yeah the pessimism about SOE is pretty well founded.

I agree with you.

But all the arguments the OP used are just BS.

EQ2 is full of crappy animations and stiff bodies
    EQ2 animations are better than some newer games animations like Lotro and Vanguard, EQ2 was the first MMO with facial animations and voice over for your character.
    Check the animations with high settings, it is more complex and dinamic than most MMOs, very impressive for its time.
    I dont know if you noticed but animations are even better than the upcoming Warhammer online ( at least till now )
    EQ2 was the first MMO to use motion capture, this is why the animation is so dinamic and realistic, it doesnt matter if you like or dislike the models, animations are not stiff...
    and SoE ruins the business because they feed us crap with a sub thats more than its worth.
    If you think it is crap dont pay for it, this has nothing to do with ruin the business, to tell the truth your argument is really, really silly. SoE has several issues and you come with this crap argument?

Thanks for the reply, although that argument i posted took literally 10 seconds, to be honest i dont really give a crap about mmorpg business or grahpical issues, i played EQ2 for 3 1/2 years, as for the graphics i ran it on high quality suffering only minor lag in raids which was easily fixed using balanced. As for SoE they have a very terrible reputation of ruining games which is why i made this topic, the only success if you even call it a success is the everquest series (excluding online adventures) which nowadays are very very empty compaired to 2-3 years ago, even everquest 1 when i played it 4 years ago was 100x as populated as now. SoE refuses to fix common bugs and provide continuing content for damn near all their games. Im sure you could argue easily but who couldn't? I used to be an SoE fanboy but they really lost my interest lately.

To make this clear DC Universe will not beat CoH or Champions online. Why? because NCSoft has better developers, better control, and has a very nice and clean reputation ^_^

Good luck though

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by Slampig

They need one of those little faces on the right to yawn, because this whole SOE BS is getting tired.

Well, there's this one: . It's not animated but it is a yawn.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

Thanks for the reply, although that argument i posted took literally 10 seconds, to be honest i dont really give a crap about mmorpg business or grahpical issues, i played EQ2 for 3 1/2 years, as for the graphics i ran it on high quality suffering only minor lag in raids which was easily fixed using balanced. As for SoE they have a very terrible reputation of ruining games which is why i made this topic, the only success if you even call it a success is the everquest series (excluding online adventures) which nowadays are very very empty compaired to 2-3 years ago, even everquest 1 when i played it 4 years ago was 100x as populated as now. SoE refuses to fix common bugs and provide continuing content for damn near all their games. Im sure you could argue easily but who couldn't? I used to be an SoE fanboy but they really lost my interest lately.

To make this clear DC Universe will not beat CoH or Champions online. Why? because NCSoft has better developers, better control, and has a very nice and clean reputation ^_^

Good luck though

Now that you changed your argument I must say, I agree with you.

To tell the truth, as a pure game, DC universe may be better than CoH as I find EQ2 better than L2, but , well , we know what happens...

Good luck though

To tell the truth, as a pure game, DC universe may be better than CoH as I find EQ2 better than L2, but , well , we know what happens...

Well, there is NCSoft asian and NCSoft american, L2 is korean therefore not really a "real" mmorpg as it lacks quests and real dungeon experiences. I liked CoH because they did a good job on costume customization and the powers were beautifully done. If DC Universe can top that then bravo SoE.

Good luck though

Well, there is NCSoft asian and NCSoft american, L2 is korean therefore not really a "real" mmorpg as it lacks quests and real dungeon experiences. I liked CoH because they did a good job on costume customization and the powers were beautifully done. If DC Universe can top that then bravo SoE.

First of all do some reaserch on Lineage 2 as it has quests (repeatables as well) and dungeons that are enormous.

I also suggest you look up what mmorpg actually means because it doesn't mean what you think with means.

Finally, stop being so narrow minded by acting like all korean mmo's are the same.

Good luck though

First of all do some reaserch on Lineage 2 as it has quests (repeatables as well) and dungeons that are enormous.

I also suggest you look up what mmorpg actually means because it doesn't mean what you think with means.

Finally, stop being so narrow minded by acting like all korean mmo's are the same.

Lol, all asian mmorpg ARE THE SAME! repeatable quests? boring. Enormous dungeons of bad respeating textures? barf. L2 is the poster child of grind. Im only being narrow minded because thats all i can be after my experiences. Ive been playing mmorpgs for 9 years and ive yet to find 1 dynamic asian mmorpg. The only hope i have left is DBO (dragon ball online) god help us if it sucks. Im not trying to be ignorant im just expressing my feelings and opinions, i may be leftist at times but its a personal opinion thats all.

Good luck though

Lol, all asian mmorpg ARE THE SAME! repeatable quests? boring. Enormous dungeons of bad respeating textures? barf. L2 is the poster child of grind. Im only being narrow minded because thats all i can be after my experiences. Ive been playing mmorpgs for 9 years and ive yet to find 1 dynamic asian mmorpg. The only hope i have left is DBO (dragon ball online) god help us if it sucks. Im not trying to be ignorant im just expressing my feelings and opinions, i may be leftist at times but its a personal opinion thats all.

I can point out to plenty of Asian MMORPG's that are very different from each other and aside from that you ARE close minded because you speak out of assumption, not experience. There are over 200 asian mmorpg's. Unless you have played all of them, kindly shut up about "experience"

• BodyBuilderBodyBuilder Member Posts: 176

You know?  People seem to hold grudges over the dumbest things.. OH BOO WHO!  SOE KILLED THIS AND THAT?!!?!

When really they saved HOW MANY companies from collapse?  And it was Lucas Arts who told SOE to make SWG idiot proof.

I actually like SONY and what they do.  And A LOT of others do too...

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696
    Good luck though

Just want to point out that NCsoft actually has nothing to do with Champions Online.  Champions Online is being made by Cryptic Stuidos. Cryptic Studios and NCsoft jointly developed City of X until recently wqhen NCsoft bought the game out.

Just sayin'

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com