Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it off topic?

FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

If someone creates a thread about a woman sueing a company for false advertisement, and you respond with a situation that occured to you in wich there really existed false advertisement.  Like say Apple advertising the iPhone for 199.99 and they tell you in the store that you have to pay 399.99.  Followed by a statement of your opinion of the womans actions.  Let's say you said her sueing was frivolus.

Would that constitute as hijacking and off topic?

I don't think it does, but aparently someone else disagrees with me.

So what do you guys think?

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

if your post contributes to the discussion in a worthwhile manner, then no, it's not hijacking...For some reason, some people want to make threads and then get all pissed when the discussion evolves into something else...but that's just the nature of discussion and the way people interact...we bring different scenarios and stories to the table, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Whoever reported you needs to get over themself.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

If you also gave your opinion of the womans actions then it's on-topic.

It's possible to accidentally hijack the thread though if your post changed the direction that the conversation went afterwards.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

What is wrong with highjacking a thread?

Can't we have one continuous never ending thread that just covers all topics?

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078
    Originally posted by olddaddy

no, cuz sooner or later the darkfall fans show up :(

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by Barrikor

If you also gave your opinion of the womans actions then it's on-topic.
    It's possible to accidentally hijack the thread though if your post changed the direction that the conversation went afterwards.

Didn't change the discussion a bit.  Even got a compliment on the post as someone was able to actually see the humor in it.

What worries me is that simply hitting the report button is all anyone needs to do.  I don't feel as if anyone actually read what the discussion was about and gave a warning just because someone said it was hijacking.

I actually find it rather funny.

Not to mention it's given me further openings to inform people that Apple falsley advertises thier products.  The new iPhone to be exact. 

Edit:  BTW, I'm not saying this happened here.  Just that it happend on a forum were a  discussion about false advertising was a topic. 

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by xxthecorexx

ha! nice

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

ha! nice

Should I tell him that a Darkfall fan started the thread?

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by Fariic

ha! nice

See, it didn't take the Darkfall fans long to show up, did it?

ha! nice

See, it didn't take the Darkfall fans long to show up, did it?

We're everywhere.

Even in the picture about the anarchists in Denver.  I'm the one in the mask, and I don't even live near denver, never even been there, but that's how much skillz I gotz.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by Barrikor If you also gave your opinion of the womans actions then it's on-topic. It's possible to accidentally hijack the thread though if your post changed the direction that the conversation went afterwards.
    Didn't change the discussion a bit. Even got a compliment on the post as someone was able to actually see the humor in it. What worries me is that simply hitting the report button is all anyone needs to do. I don't feel as if anyone actually read what the discussion was about and gave a warning just because someone said it was hijacking. I actually find it rather funny. Not to mention it's given me further openings to inform people that Apple falsley advertises thier products. The new iPhone to be exact. Edit: BTW, I'm not saying this happened here. Just that it happend on a forum were a discussion about false advertising was a topic.

Well, I suppose the real problem is having a report button... Does anyone here know what the mods do about people sending pointless reports?

As for the Darkfall people... It must be some sort of conspiracy image

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

God, this is hilariously true.

O_o o_O