Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here we go again

WikkedbowtieWikkedbowtie Member Posts: 494

Now lets see if cryptic can pull this off.

Comments

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

LOL, dude you stole my title.

I admit, I am skeptical about the game now as we maybe getting special powers running from Earth to Vulcan caves killing the same mobs over and over again within the star Trek univers.

Hopefully there was a transition of the code from PE that they can get a idea of what direction to go now. I think it will work if they listen to people following the game early and not wanting to make a Star WOW online game.

Oh yeah, here we go again

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by Tonev

I admit, I am skeptical about the game now as we maybe getting special powers running from Earth to Vulcan caves killing the same mobs over and over again within the star Trek univers.
    Hopefully there was a transition of the code from PE that they can get a idea of what direction to go now. I think it will work if they listen to people following the game early and not wanting to make a Star WOW online game.

If they got the code from PE and decided to go with it, I can't see how they can possibly NOT make a Star WOW game, since that's exactly what that code was designed to create.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by DragonShark

Originally posted by Tonev

If they got the code from PE and decided to go with it, I can't see how they can possibly NOT make a Star WOW game, since that's exactly what that code was designed to create.

They didn't get the code just the artwork that PE had but Cryptic has already stated that they are designing the game from the ground up using their own engine. PE's version of STO is truly dead, buried and gone so no worries there.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I was very skeptical before, now I'm even more skeptical.  I think this game is good in theory, but it would need a big name/publisher and I don't feel Cryptic is the answer.  Time will tell I guess.  They need to keep in mind that the new SW MMO is on its way as well and with competition from another hot Sci-Fi will certainly put the heat on STO.  I'll be anxious to see how this one plays out.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Stellos

I was very skeptical before, now I'm even more skeptical.  I think this game is good in theory, but it would need a big name/publisher and I don't feel Cryptic is the answer.  Time will tell I guess.  They need to keep in mind that the new SW MMO is on its way as well and with competition from another hot Sci-Fi will certainly put the heat on STO.  I'll be anxious to see how this one plays out.

A big name publisher? I think Cryptic is large enough to pull this off, but really, would you prefer SOE, EA or Microsoft? 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ddgrfn11Ddgrfn11 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Stellos

Keep in mind....Big name publishers started off small at some point...Blizzard wasnt huge at first...but they made some popular games and they became huge.....if Cryptic makes a good ST:O they will then be a Big Name publisher as well.