Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 powers you would choose.

charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Hi just wanted to make a topic on your top 5 powers, So if you was a Super hero what would be your top 5 Powers you would choose?.

Comments

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Electrical Manipulation

Electrical Manipulation

Repeat ad infinitum.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

fire manipulation

super speed

flight

fast punching

super reflexes (the ability to dodge most attacks instead of taking the hits over and over)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• moonman130moonman130 Member Posts: 4

Telekinesis

Flight

Teleportation

Time Manipulation

Mind Control or Mind-reading

Pyrokinesis

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by moonman130

Telekinesis
    Flight
    Teleportation
    Time Manipulation
    Mind Control or Mind-reading
    Pyrokinesis

The ability to manipulate the very threads of reality, thus ensuring this game doesnt suck :P

• Wizziokid091Wizziokid091 Member Posts: 20
    Depends on what power set's they have, i doubt that they will come close to having as many as COX or CO and same with char customization but we will see.

I would be a scrapper or w.e they have so:

1. Duel Swords 
    2. Regen (self heal like wolverine)
    3. Teleportation 
    4. Wind Manipulation
    5. super reflexes

MMO's iv played etc:

Currently playing:
    .Lotro

Retired From best to worst:
    .CoX, SWG, AoC, WoW, Eve online, R.O.S.E online, Kal Online, Runescape, Other F2P mmo's

Waiting for:
    .SGW
    .Champions Online
    .DCUO
    .Star Wars TOR

• thenedainthenedain Member Posts: 25

The Devs in one of the various videos kicking around Gametrailers stated that if it's in the DC Universe as a power, it'll be available to the player.  With that in mind there's only one power I'd choose:

A Green Lantern Power Ring.

Need to fly?  Check.  Shields?  Check.  Create any item you can imagine?  Check.  Communicate long distances?  Check.  Translate foreign languages?  Check.  In the old days, they could even be used to turn invisible.  Given that the game's set in current continuity also means that that whole Weakness to Yellow thing is no more as well.

Drawbacks include having to recharge the Ring and having a whole slew of Sinestro Corps members wanting you dead.  Not to mention that whole Blackest Night thing that's scheduled for next year...

Sounds like a blast to me.

• Wizziokid091Wizziokid091 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by thenedain

The Devs in one of the various videos kicking around Gametrailers stated that if it's in the DC Universe as a power, it'll be available to the player.  With that in mind there's only one power I'd choose:
    A Green Lantern Power Ring.
    Need to fly?  Check.  Shields?  Check.  Create any item you can imagine?  Check.  Communicate long distances?  Check.  Translate foreign languages?  Check.  In the old days, they could even be used to turn invisible.  Given that the game's set in current continuity also means that that whole Weakness to Yellow thing is no more as well.
    Drawbacks include having to recharge the Ring and having a whole slew of Sinestro Corps members wanting you dead.  Not to mention that whole Blackest Night thing that's scheduled for next year...
    Sounds like a blast to me.

Dammit their goes all the good powers :( 

So i could make a character with the same powers as superman ????  i can see this going kind of wrong example 50 superman wanabe's flying round... that kinda sucks. 

MMO's iv played etc:

Currently playing:
    .Lotro

Retired From best to worst:
    .CoX, SWG, AoC, WoW, Eve online, R.O.S.E online, Kal Online, Runescape, Other F2P mmo's

Waiting for:
    .SGW
    .Champions Online
    .DCUO
    .Star Wars TOR

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

personal forcefield

mind control

flight

regeneration

immortality

Personally, I'm hoping they allow some real flexibility and creativity when it comes to power selection.  My biggest complaint with CoX is having to select a class.  I'm of the old school mindset where superheros should be able to mix and match powers as much as they wish without being limited because of a class.  Plus, sticking people to certain power pools kind of kills creativity.

I'm kind of hoping they approach powers like this: you potentially have access to any power.  At character creation, you get a certain amount of points to spend on powers.  Maybe some powers that might be too overpowered if combo'd right are more expensive making it harder to have them earlier.  You buy your initial powers, then with experience points you can choose to either increase the effectiveness of your current powers or you can buy new powers.  Getting to Superman's power level would mean tons upon tons of experience, and to be honest, you'd probably have a level cap before you could get that high: Superman's essentially the pinnacle of power in DC.

But you could probably be Supergirl. 

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

Telekinesis (flying = lifting myself)

Shapeshifting

I'm really not sure what else. I've wanted those two powers for as long as I can remember. Maybe invisibility/insubstantiation? X-ray vision? Energy blasts (as long as I didn't have to wear Cyclops' visor)? Not needing to breathe (underwater & outer space) would be nice.

Personally, I'm hoping they allow some real flexibility and creativity when it comes to power selection.  My biggest complaint with CoX is having to select a class.  I'm of the old school mindset where superheros should be able to mix and match powers as much as they wish without being limited because of a class.  Plus, sticking people to certain power pools kind of kills creativity.
    I'm kind of hoping they approach powers like this: you potentially have access to any power.  At character creation, you get a certain amount of points to spend on powers.  Maybe some powers that might be too overpowered if combo'd right are more expensive making it harder to have them earlier.  You buy your initial powers, then with experience points you can choose to either increase the effectiveness of your current powers or you can buy new powers.  Getting to Superman's power level would mean tons upon tons of experience, and to be honest, you'd probably have a level cap before you could get that high: Superman's essentially the pinnacle of power in DC.
    But you could probably be Supergirl. 

This would still work with your power ring idea. The GLs have to train to use their rings to the fullest, so it makes sense that as a GL just starting out, you wouldn't be able to do everything that Hal or John are able to do.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

Yep.  I love the idea of having a versatile superhero.  It always seems that if you want to play a hero with super strength, you're always saddled with "tank" like abilities.  Bah, sez I!  I want a guy who's actually not that tough, he just happens to have super strength.  Instead of flight, maybe teleportation.  Eye beams?  Boo hiss, I want to be able to shoot spikes from my hands.  Really, in a system like CoX there's a whole bunch of Marvel and DC characters you wouldn't be able to make.  Even Iron Man can be tough.  Many systems don't allow you to take a character who shoots energy and also give them stuff like super strength or other tank like abilities.

You wouldn't be able to touch a Green Lantern with a 10' pole in CoX. 

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

Yep.  I love the idea of having a versatile superhero.  It always seems that if you want to play a hero with super strength, you're always saddled with "tank" like abilities.  Bah, sez I!  I want a guy who's actually not that tough, he just happens to have super strength.  Instead of flight, maybe teleportation.  Eye beams?  Boo hiss, I want to be able to shoot spikes from my hands.  Really, in a system like CoX there's a whole bunch of Marvel and DC characters you wouldn't be able to make.  Even Iron Man can be tough.  Many systems don't allow you to take a character who shoots energy and also give them stuff like super strength or other tank like abilities.
    You wouldn't be able to touch a Green Lantern with a 10' pole in CoX. 

Green Lantern-like abilities I think would be one of the hardest to program--especially if you're only ale to use any 4 powers at a given time. If the power of the ring is limited only by willpower and imagination, there's really no end to what it's capable of. There are the basic powers (space bubble, flight) that GL does frequently, but how often does GL form a different shape for a different task? I don't know if I'd rather have limited ring powers or have no ring powers at all.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
  • FunseikiFunseiki Member UncommonPosts: 263

wind manipulation.

Shadow manipulation.

Ability to manipulate space/time

Super Speed.

Rapid Cellular Regeneration

• NeyNayNeyNay Member Posts: 14

Dual Pistols

Hand to Hand Combat

Super Speed

Weapon Enhancements

A good Defense

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230

immortality (completely indestructable in all ways shapes and forms)

shadow manipulation

thats it

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by sigamon

shadow manipulation

thats it

you mean GOD MODE

• TecknicTecknic Member Posts: 458

I'm not wild about having too many powers.  Just one or two that are used interestingly.

For instance, a character with super speed that is also armed with a scythe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Playing: Nothing
    Played: Champions Online, CoX, STO, PSO, WoW, lots of free-to-play crap
    Looking Forward To: DC Universe Online, Blade and Soul

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by charlespayne

Hi just wanted to make a topic on your top 5 powers, So if you was a Super hero what would be your top 5 Powers you would choose?.

Ill have only one power, a power able to give me all the powers I want.

Originally posted by jinxit

Originally posted by sigamon

shadow manipulation

thats it

you mean GOD MODE

yes

• deckatredeckatre Member Posts: 77

My top five powers would be....

1. Invulnerbility- Can't feel pain and nothing would beable to penetrate my skin.

2. Flight- self explanatory I think.

3. Fire manipulation- I would beable to control and create fire using my mind.

4. Keen Senses- I would have keen senses..duh.

5. Super Strength- My strength would be super.

I think though another conversation we should add is what would your weeknesses be? and would you be a hero or a villian?

------------------------------
    END
    (names used in previous games)
    -Desitre -Desiboy -Verra -Auroras Borealis -Scaven
    looking forward to...
    Bioware's MMORPG
    Stargate

Originally posted by deckatre

My top five powers would be....
    1. Invulnerbility- Can't feel pain and nothing would beable to penetrate my skin.
    2. Flight- self explanatory I think.
    3. Fire manipulation- I would beable to control and create fire using my mind.
    4. Keen Senses- I would have keen senses..duh.
    5. Super Strength- My strength would be super.

I think though another conversation we should add is what would your weeknesses be? and would you be a hero or a villian?

MY weaknesses would be hot female heroes/villains... i myself would be nuetral. id do whatever i want when i want

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

1. Self-propelled flight.

2. Under-water breathing.

3. Invisibility.

4. Rapid healing.

5. The ability to convert liberals in to intelligent human beings, or at least make them quit whining.

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by Wearacup
    5. The ability to convert liberals in to intelligent human beings, or at least make them quit whining.

LOL!!

• zingwingzingwing Member Posts: 1

Techonopathy

Flight (combat and passive)

elemtal kenesis

shape shifting

creation