Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome idea for playing our heroes!!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

I know we create our own super heroes, and when I said "our heroes" in the title, I did mean ones like superman or batman.

Heres the idea.

During the course of part of the epic storyline our created hero takes part in, he/she/it gets captured. The only way to get out is for some intervention on our "established hereos" to take action. You get to take control, but only control, not advancement, for a short time with the express goal of rescuing "your" hero. Once your hero is free, you lose control, but I think it would be an aweseom way to be able, for a short time, play our fav hero. Get to use thier abilitys firsthand, and while they would be nigh invulnrable, almost a "god mode", it would not unbaance the game!

What do you think? discuss.

Comments

• xbellxxbellx Member Posts: 9

that could be a very cool idea. this game looks totally sweet but i'm more of a marvel guy. Wheres the marvel universe game at? the only superhero worth pretty much anything is batman in dc

XXX

• ThaniusThanius Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by xbellx

that could be a very cool idea. this game looks totally sweet but i'm more of a marvel guy. Wheres the marvel universe game at? the only superhero worth pretty much anything is batman in dc

Marvel was axed sadly.

The only problem with the OP is players would take advantage of this and find ways to remain in this mode while trying to interact with other players.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

I like the idea but the only way I can think of to implement it would be in an instance.  Otherwise you might see a ton of Batmans/Supermans running around never finishing the rescue quest.

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

I like the idea but the only way I can think of to implement it would be in an instance.  Otherwise you might see a ton of Batmans/Supermans running around never finishing the rescue quest.

Give it a standard kidnapper ultimatum - pay up (rescue) by X o'clock or the hero dies. How's that for end-game content? j/k, j/k

Your JLer control ends when your hero dies, and you can't do anything other than attempt to rescue your hero while in control of a JLer. They're gonna have to do something to keep Superman from busting through random doors/walls anyway, so it shouldn't ruin the "immersion" if he can't enter a door not related to the rescue mish.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

Like this idea as well. I don't see it happening though, but if it did it would definitely be a tightly controlled instance:) Another way to use this would be a party controlling multiple JLA'ers as part of the same team in the same instance?

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by kalanthis

Like this idea as well. I don't see it happening though, but if it did it would definitely be a tightly controlled instance:) Another way to use this would be a party controlling multiple JLA'ers as part of the same team in the same instance?

It wouldn't always have to be a rescue mission--maybe some sort of huge save the world mission where you have multiple teams operating concurrently. Just off-hand (and not all that creatively), I'm thinking alien invasion. You play through once as yourself and your team, defending a city or a military base from an alien attacker, then you "turn the page" and play as the JLA defending Metropolis against the alien flagship.

Or reverse it... Play first as the JLA destroying the flagship because they're all connected and the smaller ones can't be destroyed without destroying the flagship first. But that'd be rather anti-climactic...

But you get the idea. Some sort of story arc/task force with smaller missions leading up to playing as the JLA--in a concurrent mission to explain why you're not playing as "yourself."

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• thenedainthenedain Member Posts: 25

If nothing else, they should start the game with a 'tutorial' section where you play as the superhero of your choice as they meet up with your character for the first time.  It sounds like you'll be able to choose a starting city and by the looks a starting patron ( judging entirely by glimpses of the Batcave, Gotham CIty and Metropolis ).  Introduce your character in the traditional DC way: as a new character in an already established character's adventure.  Maybe you start playing Batman while he's thwarting a gang of thugs.  You get time to get used to the controls and you're way too badass for the various thugs to take down so you get a chance to get use to the combat system.  Then, a thug gets the drop on you and *pow* Alpha Boy, your new hero, drops in and takes down the last thug.

Not only do you get the nearly required tutorial, you get to play one of DC's favorite heroes for a brief period.  It's what LucasArts is doing on Force Unleashed: before you play the Sith Apprentice, you spend a level playing Darth Vader.  That's amazingly cool.

Depending on what exactly they do with setting, you'd get a choice between the big DC Trinity ( Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman ) maybe Flash, Green Arrow and the like if they end up using places like Central City.  Do the same thing if you play a villain: who wouldn't want to spend just 5 minutes playing as the Joker or a power armored Lex Luthor?

• redsoxfanredsoxfan Member Posts: 16

What about.........the opposing sides hero/villian they work for is a boos and the otehr faction gets to fight them for epic loot?!?!?!?!!?!?!?