Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you fail to realize about the KOTOR MMO is...

13»

Comments

• NGE was a LA project. That is why it was rushed. That is why it didn't adhere to the game the same way the CU still kept it linear with pre-CU. That is why LA fanbois deny it so hard.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by namelessbob
    NGE was a LA project. That is why it was rushed. That is why it didn't adhere to the game the same way the CU still kept it linear with pre-CU. That is why LA fanbois deny it so hard.

Completely false; as has been admitted by SOE people. Brenlo (current communications director of SOE), Dan Rubenfeld (Former SOE employee, Lead designer of the NGE), and Jeff Freeman (Former SOE employee and Lead gameplay Designer of the NGE) have all said otherwise.

This has nothing to do with LA fanboys say (are there any of those anywhere?) and everything to do what SOE themselves have said.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Wow, can't wait til this game goes live and all we see in the chat is the same old crap about the evil monstrosity that is SOE...

When I make my millions and form my game company we will produce Dead Horse Online.

SWG "Vets" get to play for free.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by Slampig

Wow, can't wait til this game goes live and all we see in the chat is the same old crap about the evil monstrosity that is SOE...

When I make my millions and form my game company we will produce Dead Horse Online.

SWG "Vets" get to play for free.

LOL..... priceless

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

yes but this time its a brand new game and so its much easier to implement the dumbing down of the game (or in this case bringing it up to industry standards).  one major difference is that Bioware is making it and not SOE.  LA may have the control to say what gets implemented and what does not but Bioware has the right to say that wont work, thats not logical or even suggest ideas (LA is not as close to the community as Bioware is)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• trueswgvettrueswgvet Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by namelessbob

NGE was a LA project. That is why it was rushed. That is why it didn't adhere to the game the same way the CU still kept it linear with pre-CU. That is why LA fanbois deny it so hard.

You are absolutely, 100% wrong about the NGE being a LA project. LucasArts gave SOE a vague mandate to increase subscriptions...SOE's response was the NGE which they developed all on their own. LA is responsible for not stepping in and stopping the game from being killed but the NGE is all on SOE.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

The only problem with NGE is that Pre-Cu and CU came before it. If today SWG had been released in NGE format everyone would be LIKE OMGZ. As for a eailer post saying ex-employees say its a myth that LA had a hand in NGE still cant say for certain. As a EX-employee i would trash my EX-job so why would i tell the truth and for the creator of NGE he isn't going to let LA have what he worked for even if its a epic-failure. No one knows for sure except LA execs and SOE execs.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

The only problem with NGE is that Pre-Cu and CU came before it. If today SWG had been released in NGE format everyone would be LIKE OMGZ. As for a eailer post saying ex-employees say its a myth that LA had a hand in NGE still cant say for certain. As a EX-employee i would trash my EX-job so why would i tell the truth and for the creator of NGE he isn't going to let LA have what he worked for even if its a epic-failure. No one knows for sure except LA execs and SOE execs.

I do not buy that in any way shape or form.  The premise of your statement is that the NGE, taken as it's own game, is a solid if not good product.  I could not disagree more.  I would actually have preferred the NGE to have come out as the initial launch because that would have proven my initial fears that SOE was incapable (Verant actually) of producing a quality Star Wars game and would have saved me many hours that were flushed down the toilet by SOE.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by Goldknyght

regardless of what came before it; regardless of the fraud that was perpetrated in bringing it forward, the NGE sucks as a stand alone game. SWG is not a good game; it only survives because if the Star wars name.

Now, as to what ex-employees say...I say bull. These ex-employees are not "trashing" anyone, they are explaining what happened.

All ex-employees have given sufficient evidence to show the NGE came from SOE, all CURRENT employees (the director of communications for SOE Brenlo), and all other evidence shows the NGE was a SOE project. No one is saying that LA did not have a hand in in (whatever that means, nice vague language you are using), but what I am saying is, the NGE was NOT an LA project, LA did not FORCE the NGE on SOE.

What I, and all available evidence everywhere throughout this debacle says is this (for the 576858459949494th time): that LA tol SOE to make the game more successful; that SOE came up with the NGE, that SOE convinced LA that the NGE would increase subs, and THEN LA approved of it.

Sure, no one knows for sure, then why is it that the Sons of Smedley continue to infect these forums with the lie that "it came from LA?"

That's the lie that starts this argument every time -- people defending SOE and blaming LA. All evidence -- and I mean every last bit we have -- says otherwise.

• talanisentalanisen Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Fishermage

regardless of what came before it; regardless of the fraud that was perpetrated in bringing it forward, the NGE sucks as a stand alone game. SWG is not a good game; it only survives because if the Star wars name.

Ultimately, this is the only thing that really needs to be said in the whole SWG debate. As an entertainment product, the current incarnation of SWG fails. I could elaborate, but frankly it's a discussion I'm sick of having.

All it takes to figure out that it fails is to look at the subscriptions, and then to look at the fact that LA has obviously decided to go with another company altogether for their next Star Wars MMO.