Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Witch series should STO be developed around?

eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Hi star trek fans!  Who here likes star trek? Everyone say MEMEMEMEEMEM haha  So what would make a good poll hmmmm... well i know, iv got it!! ok Here it goes...

Comments

• RenkoRenko Member UncommonPosts: 97

The Enterprise era probably gives the most scope as nothing is really set in stone yet, but I still voted for the original.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Not really a Star Trek fan but your poll needs to be corrected from "witch" to "which".

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Isn't it set 20 years after Nemesis?

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

Perpetual's version was set 20 years after Nemesis. I really hope Cryptic dropped that idea.

I voted TOS. The others are all too stuffy and not "cowboy" enough to make a good gaming environment without getting too far away from what the series was about in the first place.

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730

I want the Klingons and Federation to be at war!

If you are limited to just Klingons and Federation, the other points in time, don't make much sense.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

To me the best line would be Voyager series because they pretty much have the universe at their feet to fill in content with and there can be any race they wanna create for mobs and PC races.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I went for Enterprise, probably my least favorite of the programs but I feel could give the better gaming experience.

Decent confilcts in the fro and I so want to be a ferengi pirate riping off federation and klingon.

But in general does the game have to follow any of the time lines? Tbh I have been a trekkie for over 25 years and its the story, atmosphere and environment that is the hook for me. I suppose it would be necassary to pick a time for the tech era.

I'm not too bothered about exact accuracy and loyalty to the programs so long as the game captures the spirit, teamwork and is fun to play.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I chose deep space nine because I think being on a space station is where a big portion of the game should be played at, like maybee makeing living courters avaiable for each races on there own space station, and having that be the starting point of the game.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

The information Cryptic has on their site seems to be a post-Voyager setting, so I picked that one.

Really, for development it has to be post-Enterprise or post-Voyager, or they'd be handcuffed to the existing stories. 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Rommie10-284

The information Cryptic has on their site seems to be a post-Voyager setting, so I picked that one.
    Really, for development it has to be post-Enterprise or post-Voyager, or they'd be handcuffed to the existing stories. 

"Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries." - Game Features.

Since TNG, Voyager, DS9 and Nemesis take place in the mid to late 24th century I would have to say that from this line they are making the game in the same time frame that PE was planning. This would indicate 20-25 years post Nemesis.

Edit: This is really for the best especially if they allow the players to shape the game world in some way. This allows them a lot of slack so they can be creative without breaking existing lore.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• KroganKrogan Member UncommonPosts: 304

I'd say none of the above, it should be set in a previously unknown period so possibly after the last of the series. This would allow for a lot more freedom for the devs and the players to make their mark without upsetting history as they would be making new history.

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

next gen

Ajax

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Theres been alot of discussion on timeline opinion's but define witch series would best be compariable too if the game were released now from fighting sequences, dialog, feeling and for what reason.

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Post-Voyager/DS9 (DS9 ends only a couple years in its timeline before Voyager's return).

• jaycejayce Member Posts: 133

tbh, they can just skip the entire voyager series and the mockery they made of the delta quadrant altogether.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

Personally, I would like to see the game brought up in an entirely new time period. We've seen and run through all the series time and time again.. The Borg are still around, as are the Klingons, Cardassians, Vulcans, etc, etc. With an entirely new period, it would give both Cryptic and the holders of the Star Trek license the ability to bring in new races, new technology, new planets, new ships, and so on without worrying about destroying the plots and continuity from the series we so know and love.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic