Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Funcom boasts 700,000 Accounts

12346»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Grenoble

Blizzard said Hero Classes and "meaningful" pvp would be in at release too.  What a company says will be in a game isn't always what makes it to the final product.  Why they do this could be any number of reasons, maybe harder to code than they thought or cost prohibitive.
    As I've said before, I think some people had too high expectations for this game.  It's stable, no servers crashing and no game breaking bugs that I have found.  Sure, I've found a few bugs but they were rather minor (clipping through terrain).  I came in with a bit more realistic expectations.  My thing was did it stay true to the Conan books (not the movie) and I think it has done that.

Nonsense, Hero classes were not even mentioned till after the first expansion was announced,  You are operating with a faulty memory.   I don't remember Blizzard promising anything other than they would have pvp.  Wow had a lot of missing parts, but they were for the most part in within 2 months.  AoC on the other hand I have seen nothing on the missing parts, which there is a lot of.  When you combine that with the worst itemization in any MMO and very poor support you have a clear game in trouble.

Funcom biggest mistake was to allow leveling occur so fast.  They succumbed to the instant gratification weenies and look what it got them.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Grenoble

Blizzard said Hero Classes and "meaningful" pvp would be in at release too.  What a company says will be in a game isn't always what makes it to the final product.  Why they do this could be any number of reasons, maybe harder to code than they thought or cost prohibitive.
    As I've said before, I think some people had too high expectations for this game.  It's stable, no servers crashing and no game breaking bugs that I have found.  Sure, I've found a few bugs but they were rather minor (clipping through terrain).  I came in with a bit more realistic expectations.  My thing was did it stay true to the Conan books (not the movie) and I think it has done that.

Nonsense, Hero classes were not even mentioned till after the first expansion was announced,  You are operating with a faulty memory.   I don't remember Blizzard promising anything other than they would have pvp.  Wow had a lot of missing parts, but they were for the most part in within 2 months.  AoC on the other hand I have seen nothing on the missing parts, which there is a lot of.  When you combine that with the worst itemization in any MMO and very poor support you have a clear game in trouble.

Funcom biggest mistake was to allow leveling occur so fast.  They succumbed to the instant gratification weenies and look what it got them.

Actually my memory works just fine thank you very much.  Starting off a rebuttle with an insult is not the best way to start, though is usually typical.

This was in a pre-release interview with Blizzard in summer of 2004.  The interviewer asked many questions about death penalty, combat, etc.  Basically the usual stuff.  When asked about why WoW has such a quick leveling curve, Blizz responded as I said.  Now of course they said "meaningful" pvp which could be rather subjective.  I'm sure some alliance 60's got a lot of "meaning" out of sacking Crossroads every day before the honor system. 

Now, this isn't the first (or the last) time that something isn't in a game at a specified time when it was announced it would be.  Development costs, time constraints, coding, etc could all be factors as to why things don't eventually get into a final product or patch.

Fast leveling isn't a mistake, if it was WoW would be the biggest flop in MMO history.  If anything, faster leveling seems to be the preferred way MMO's are going now.  CoX smoothed out leveling this year, L2 is going to have faster leveling patch added this year as well.  So we got WoW, AoC, CoX and L2 all with fast leveling.  Those games seem to be all doing well for themselves.

• kaplowkaplow Member Posts: 10

Yeah maybe... But most of the players did no renewed their accounts. This game is a flop as much as Hellgate: London was.

This news is nothing more than an attemp to lie about the remaining population on the servers. Showing the good face of how many poeple payed for a game they don't play anymore. Well Done FC. Well done...