Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions!

leshtricityleshtricity Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

So I'm almost done with the Prophecies campaign, which I bought like 2 years ago...I just started playing again and for some reason it hooked me this time.

What's the next pack I should get? I like PvE but at this point I'm more interested in learning about the PvP and maybe joining a guild, etc.

Also, does the x-pacs you own have to do with what you have access to in regards to PvP? Or are all the aspects of PvP available with everything (sans heroes, obviously)?

Edit: Also, a very important question: can you get new skills with a PvP only character? Or do you have to buy that lame unlock pack?

Thanks, and if you're recruiting, let me know :)

the official MMORPG.com deadhead

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Considering you want to do PvP, you can't go wrong with Factions.

When you buy a new campaign you have access to all skills released with that campaign. Currently you can't use any skills from Factions, Nightfall or Eye of the North. These skills will of course need to be unlocked.

That brings me to my next point, which is that you can unlock skills, items and other rewards through doing PvP. When you kill players and win battles you accumulate Balthazar Faction (Press 'H" to see your balance), which can be exchanged at Priests of Balthazar (in PvP areas and your Guild Hall) for the above-mentioned items.

• leshtricityleshtricity Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Excellent reply, thank you!

Speaking of the x-pacs...at the online store they're charging $40 for Factions/EOTN and $50 for Nightfall...that's a bit ridiculous.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Yeah don't buy it from there. You can pick up some good deals in various stores. They go for quite cheaper these days. You may even find a good bundled deal.

Well most bundles I've seen include Prophecies, which is the one I do own.

I was searching online, and while it may sound sketchy, some retailers sell just the CD-key to unlock the content for ~$20. Not sure if it's a scam or not.

Originally posted by leshtricity

Well most bundles I've seen include Prophecies, which is the one I do own.
    I was searching online, and while it may sound sketchy, some retailers sell just the CD-key to unlock the content for ~$20. Not sure if it's a scam or not.

Just wanted to report back about this. I ordered the Factions CD Key online from hotcdkey and received it pretty promptly, and everything is working fine. I'll prob use that for Nightfall and EN if I eventually get those as well. I can't believe how much A-Net is charging in the online store, especially considering these are all pretty old games.

Anyways, as an aside, if you're on the fence about GW, get off it and come play :)  Love this game.

• snowytechnasnowytechna Member Posts: 185

Yea even I am thinking of buying Nightfall from hotcdkey, from what I've heard they are pretty authentic.....