Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best server for a US player?

xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

Ok I am from the US, so I need to know the best US server to start playing on.  I used to play on kain, but the population sucked back then, and now it is merged.  I don't know If I want to join one of the merged servers.

Would rather join one of the more popular servers that did not get merged.  Any ideas?

Granted this is planning for the future, since I cannot play atm due to $ (Will probably be playing in 2-4 weeks)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by xephonics

Ok I am from the US, so I need to know the best US server to start playing on.  I used to play on kain, but the population sucked back then, and now it is merged.  I don't know If I want to join one of the merged servers.

Would rather join one of the more popular servers that did not get merged.  Any ideas?

Granted this is planning for the future, since I cannot play atm due to $ (Will probably be playing in 2-4 weeks)

The only Euro Servers are Teon, Franz and Luna (oldest to newest).

The rest are u.s.

Bartz was the most popular U.S. server. but it also has a higher ping for east coast people.

The names of the merged server names are Phoenix, Sayha, Aria. Every other one is untouched.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

thanks for the info man :)

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

Phoenix has recently become the most popular North American server after the merge. It is the only NA server that has gone "Normal" since the mergers happened.

Having said that, being "Light" status doesn't indicate a dead server, it is simply less than half full.

I'll probably choose one of the non-merged servers, since the merged ones seem like they would be too chaotic imho, plus tons of names used, so I wouold have to do one of the dumbass names like a minor mispelling or adding X's or numbers to it. 

No idea if I'll even play, no refer a friend key yet, so no need to play it if I cannot test it to see if it is worth dropping money into again :/

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by xephonics

I'll probably choose one of the non-merged servers, since the merged ones seem like they would be too chaotic imho, plus tons of names used, so I wouold have to do one of the dumbass names like a minor mispelling or adding X's or numbers to it. 

No idea if I'll even play, no refer a friend key yet, so no need to play it if I cannot test it to see if it is worth dropping money into again :/

Theres actually more names than you think. When merging servers NCSoft deleted all characters under level 10 which haven't been logged in for awhile (not sure length of time). Also for character name conflicts on the merge, players were given the option of changing their name, but in the meantime their name was (playername)(server number). Thus even most of the conflicting names are available for use since those names are first come, first serve.

The merged servers aren't chaotic at all, if anything they are fresh with new politics and opportunity. The only downside is the lack of manor, which will be resolved this weekend.

wow sounds nice, now i really want a refer code lol