Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should I try it?

jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

I am thinking about trying the game, but I have a few questions.

If I play a healer is the population high enough that I will find groups often or will I be solo grinding a lot?

What healer class is the most preferred?

If one isn’t preferred over all what do each of the healer excel at, Pvp? Pve? Grinding? Bosses?

-------------------------------------------------
Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
-------------------------------------------------

Comments

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

with all the new buff and heal herbs in the upcoming patch, healers are not the most needed class.

But there is a lot of focus on pvp teams and raid boss teams, so you should be able to find a need for healers pretty easily.

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

From 1-20 you'll want to solo the newbie guide quests but that takes an hour. 20-40 you'll be best off finding raids and doing them and keeping your vitality. 40+ it's up to you but healers I believe get a mode that allows them to solo more efficiently. However you should still be useful for raids around your level if you have some friends.

After 61+ you should be more needed in PvP and the like. You should have found a clan for now and if you participate in PvP they should be eager to level you up.

The most preferred healer is the Bishop, but Elven Elders are also good in their own ways.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

What ultimately decides if a new player stays or not is if they find a good clan.  Especially for support classes so it is highly recommended you do a lot of research.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by Hoplites

What ultimately decides if a new player stays or not is if they find a good clan.  Especially for support classes so it is highly recommended you do a lot of research.

/100% correct!!!!!!!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

Hi,

This was the 2nd MMO i ever had the pleasure of playing.   The graphics where great. Character creation was very simple and not much on choices, but it was such a fun game.

Things i didn't like, only dwarfs could craft; was a TON of Asian farmers who would try to kill me if i was in their farming area.

When i went back to the game a year ago, wasn't anyone in the new B  zones.  felt weird being alone there. but that was only when i played an ALT that i wanted to level up. I'm not sure what level you would have to get to in order to get to where more people would be playing at, since this game has been out for a long time now and seemed like a lot of people have moved on to other games.

That said, i did like the game.

• DarkKamaelDarkKamael Member Posts: 7

Should you try the game or "what class should i chose"? :P

If you haven't still tried it out, let me give you some facts:

Pros:

1) Lineage 2 is one of the most discussed games since it was first created.

2) It is worthy of trying, as you can see high-resolution role-playing characters.

3) It has a well-thought story, that it is updated -and upgraded- i would say with every major update the game managers make.

4) You can find out new places and new stuff that you cannot find anywhere else in another RPG.

Cons:

1) It may has a well-thought story, but each update adds much more info that you may ask yourself: "Yes, in the whole Aden World, they didn't find out Kamael, they now found the race, after 6 almost chronicles.." (example)

2) You may become really addicted, in a point that you may dream of the game, if you do play lots of hours every day. (This is not a joke, it is a fact, too much discussed between Lineage 2 Players)

3) In any server, you can find Pkers. Pkers comes out of "PK"=People/Persons Killed. This is a real con for some, there is no insurance for the players being hit or killed by other players. This is a suggestion i would like to make by the way: I think it should be add a button that enables entering a "mode"; the leveling up-mode and the normal mode. If being in the normal mode, you can get hit by other players, UNLESS you hit them as well (what we call flag). If being in leveling-up mode, you will be able only to get killed and hit by monsters or vengeful NPCS :P . This PK system is certainly part of the game, but how many times have i been traveling to regions and some had been waiting there alreasy with karma to kill me?! Lots... So, you might forget leveling up in certain regions of the map.

Generally i think it deserves trying. Good luck and trust me, you will enjoy being in the world of Aden and Elmore :)

Destiny will be soon revealed, don't be that curious mortals, cause when it comes, you will painfully know..

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

If you are a healer you should easily be able to find a spot in a bot train, I am sure. There are not many real players left on the server that I play on (Teon), everybody is afk botting since NcSoft doesn't give a crap, so finding groups with real players can be quite painfull. But 24/7 XP comes fast and you'll be 7x in a few weeks if you ebay enough. There are various working exploits that people use constantly and NcSoft allows the players to use them, taking no actions even though it should be easy for them.

Basically, if you enjoy hacks and cheats, try L2 retail. Otherwise don't touch it. NcSoft will not help you against cheaters. Reporting hackers, cheaters or botters will have no effect,. I still see bot trains running around 2 years after they got reported, so just forget any help from NcSofts side. There are bans but those seem to be totally random and sometimes also hit the few legit players left.

Check http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111000 for exploiting video and player reactions.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.