Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sign here if you want SWG whine threads to be locked.

Comments

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by Costanza420
    Originally posted by Fishermage  

Originally posted by ArcAngel3

Also, man have you noticed the tremendous increase in "silence the vets" posts and comments since the announcement of the Bioware MMO?  Really seems to have stirred up a hornets' nest of SOE/SWG defenders.

No. I haven't.
    You are seriously imagining things. Get off your cross -- you are not this persecuted class of gamer you claim to be.

Wow, right on cue.

Lol, well you must be right, there haven't been any silence the vet threads being posted recently at all (caution, don't read the title of this thread if you want to stick to your point of view--not you btw Fish, responding to the post above yours ^_^).
    I've also just left three other threads with the same level of complaining about vets' complaining--ironically.  In my experience there are usually only one or two of those threads active on any given evening lol.
    Anyways, I'm not sure what class you think I believe I'm a part of.  I don't feel particularly persecuted tbh--slightly defrauded a few years back maybe, but not persecuted.  I also don't take "you need to stop talking about how bad SOE is" comments as persecution.  Driving to work provides more persecution than this.
    If they threatened me if I wouldn't stop using free speech, well then I'd feel persecuted, but that's never happened.
    Freedom of expression is a good thing in my mind.  I wouldn't want to silence anyone who currently enjoys SWG for example.  Trying to silence people who disagree with you is kind of dictatorial isn't it?

You said "tremendous increase." There has been no "tremendous increase."

I'd say you are wrong, and there's been a tremendous increase of people attacking vets for the sake of attacking them, whining about whining, and just a general shrillness to the NGE fans' tone.

It's so much fun watching all this play out, although the hate is pretty sad.

The persecution complex around here is stunning.

Explain how what you see here is a "persecution complex?"
    First, define your term. Then please demonstrate how where you see it, Then please how how it is "stunning."

The people around here seem to feel that extraordinary measures are being taken to "silence" them, which I just don't see.
    OK, a person posted a thread to stop whining. And every so often, someone will wander in and say "GET OVER IT." BIG DEAL. But you guys act like there is some kind of organized viral marketing campaign against you (in fact, anyone who does not agree 100% with the idea that John Smedley is Hitler reincarnated and the game is the worst thing since AIDS is labaled a "viral marketer").
    There is no organized viral marketing campaign against the "vets", because the "vets" are largely irrelevant. A couple hundred people shrieking for Smedley's head on a pike on an internet forum is an annoyance to them, at best.

If what you say is true, then why do you need to lie and engage in hyperbole to make a point?

Now I'm lying? About what?

No one said anyone is taking any measures to silence anyone. You are just making things up. What Arcangel said was more than the usual number of folks have taken to the boards and posted more than the usual "silence the vets" posts. That's a completely different thing than what you are saying. Now, I am assuming you are bright enough to know this, therefore, you are willfully falsifying the facts; ie, lying.

I'm sorry if you only inadvertently or accidentally falsified the facts. I took it to be intentional.

Is this some kind of joke? People post ALL THE TIME on this forum about how the "fanbois" are trying to "silence" the "vets."
    Don't accuse me of lying because you're unwilling to face that.

Please show me one example anywhere where anyone accuses anyone of taking extreme measures to silence anyone.

Saying that they are TRYING to silence people isn't the same thing, but just for fun, how about you show me what you mean when you say that. Oh wait...is English a not your native language? If not, I'm sorry, I didn't realize.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

All or most games have whine threads here. But the moderators should close all troll threads fast since they are just a waste of space, if someone whine with a good argument that we havnt seen a 100 times, then its not a troll and should be lefy alone.

But I think the mods here is a bit to nice sometimes, it is hard to find the real threads sometimes. But I agree with the OP and that goes for every game not just about Bioware vs SWG.

• Costanza420Costanza420 Member Posts: 77

Also, man have you noticed the tremendous increase in "silence the vets" posts and comments since the announcement of the Bioware MMO?  Really seems to have stirred up a hornets' nest of SOE/SWG defenders.

No. I haven't.

You are seriously imagining things. Get off your cross -- you are not this persecuted class of gamer you claim to be.

Wow, right on cue.

Lol, well you must be right, there haven't been any silence the vet threads being posted recently at all (caution, don't read the title of this thread if you want to stick to your point of view--not you btw Fish, responding to the post above yours ^_^).

I've also just left three other threads with the same level of complaining about vets' complaining--ironically.  In my experience there are usually only one or two of those threads active on any given evening lol.

Anyways, I'm not sure what class you think I believe I'm a part of.  I don't feel particularly persecuted tbh--slightly defrauded a few years back maybe, but not persecuted.  I also don't take "you need to stop talking about how bad SOE is" comments as persecution.  Driving to work provides more persecution than this.

If they threatened me if I wouldn't stop using free speech, well then I'd feel persecuted, but that's never happened.

Freedom of expression is a good thing in my mind.  I wouldn't want to silence anyone who currently enjoys SWG for example.  Trying to silence people who disagree with you is kind of dictatorial isn't it?

I'd say you are wrong, and there's been a tremendous increase of people attacking vets for the sake of attacking them, whining about whining, and just a general shrillness to the NGE fans' tone.

First, define your term. Then please demonstrate how where you see it, Then please how how it is "stunning."

The people around here seem to feel that extraordinary measures are being taken to "silence" them, which I just don't see.

OK, a person posted a thread to stop whining. And every so often, someone will wander in and say "GET OVER IT." BIG DEAL. But you guys act like there is some kind of organized viral marketing campaign against you (in fact, anyone who does not agree 100% with the idea that John Smedley is Hitler reincarnated and the game is the worst thing since AIDS is labaled a "viral marketer").

There is no organized viral marketing campaign against the "vets", because the "vets" are largely irrelevant. A couple hundred people shrieking for Smedley's head on a pike on an internet forum is an annoyance to them, at best.

If what you say is true, then why do you need to lie and engage in hyperbole to make a point?

No one said anyone is taking any measures to silence anyone. You are just making things up. What Arcangel said was more than the usual number of folks have taken to the boards and posted more than the usual "silence the vets" posts. That's a completely different thing than what you are saying. Now, I am assuming you are bright enough to know this, therefore, you are willfully falsifying the facts; ie, lying.

I'm sorry if you only inadvertently or accidentally falsified the facts. I took it to be intentional.

Is this some kind of joke? People post ALL THE TIME on this forum about how the "fanbois" are trying to "silence" the "vets."

Please show me one example anywhere where anyone accuses anyone of taking extreme measures to silence anyone.

Saying that they are TRYING to silence people isn't the same thing, but just for fun, how about you show me what you mean when you say that. Oh wait...is English a not your native language? If not, I'm sorry, I didn't realize.

You should be more condescending, it's quite a nice character trait you've got there.

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

You should be more condescending, it's quite a nice character trait you've got there.

So I gather English is not your native language. let me explain then. Making posts that express a desire and "taking extreme measures" should not be considered to be the same thing. "Taking extreme measures" usually means resorting to force or authorities. They assume a certain degree of power and/or control.

"Silence the vets" posts are simply whines -- far from extreme measures. Okay? I hope that helps. Sorry I am not being condescending at all. Sorry if you think I am. Just trying to help a brother along, as always.

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

So I gather English is not your native language. let me explain then. Making posts that express a desire and "taking extreme measures" should not be considered to be the same thing. "Taking extreme measures" usually means resorting to force or authorities. They assume a certain degree of power and/or control.

"Silence the vets" posts are simply whines -- far from extreme measures. Okay? I hope that helps. Sorry I am not being condescending at all. Sorry if you think I am. Just trying to help a brother along, as always.

If you can't deal with hyperbole, maybe the internet isn't for you.

I think someone around here said that once.

• dalevi11dalevi11 Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Tenebroso

/signed in blood

i m so tired of these guys complaining and clogging the foruns with their tears and broken dreams. choose another game and move on people!

Yeah, sure...sign in blood...

Go back to the SOE forum, troll. We don't feel like paying the $15 to counter you there.

That's leik, 210 miles on my bike....

Wrong forum.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Origin

Just checking to see how many replies can be quoted...  16 so far.

Self amusement, nothing else. 

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

just posting to this one to even out the signage on the threads which just are..

and if I sign both of these troll threads will they like cancel each other out? 

I am having deja vu .. didnt I just post this message elsewhere?

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

I'll sign, I played SWG back when it was Pre CU and Pre NGE, it was a real fun game, but that was so long ago...

I really couldn't see going back to that game even if they fixed it, its just outdated at this point! 

Lets all move on to something new!

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

Whatever gave you the idea that I can't "deal with" hyperbole? I am dealing with it, by exposing it where it is being used. YOU are the one who is getting all angry and upset over everything.

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Get a room.

Not my type at all. I prefer passionate and engaging; not angry and shrill.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

Whatever gave you the idea that I can't "deal with" hyperbole? I am dealing with it, by exposing it where it is being used. YOU are the one who is getting all angry and upset over everything.

w00t @ mass-quoting.

And I want all whining posts to be forgotten, destroyed, nuked, etc. Including this one.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

pretty large quote's indeed, sorry for de-railing the topic....oh wait it was already far gone of topic like the topic itself.

Originally posted by Reklaw
     pretty large quote's indeed, sorry for de-railing the topic....oh wait it was already far gone of topic like the topic itself.

Well the OP was nothing but trolling anyway, so it's all good. This was a made-to-order free-for-all.

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

To the OP.

SWG VETERAN REFUGE forum.

Nuff said.

Don't bang your head on the way out.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Tenebroso

/signed in blood

i m so tired of these guys complaining and clogging the foruns with their tears and broken dreams. choose another game and move on people!

Dont loike it dont go to any forum that has to do with SWG! Problem Solved!

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

People fail to realize that this forum serves generally the same purpose that all the other forums, and the relative MMOs serve. A way to spend free time.

How substantive the SWG Veteran Refuge forum is is irrelevant.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Well another drive-by complainer as the OP has made no attempt at defending his statement.

So instead of signing, I'm blocking.

/block

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

I was not getting "angry and upset over everything." I was getting mildly pissed off at your holier-than-thou attitude and your unbelievable need to flaunt  your own obviously superior intelligence.

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

I was not getting "angry and upset over everything." I was getting mildly pissed off at your holier-than-thou attitude and your unbelievable need to flaunt  your own obviously superior intelligence.

Why should anyone else's attitude have such an effect on you?

Oh, and I am anything but holy. Quite unholy, in fact; and I only consider myself to be slightly above average intelligence. I do however, try to USE what I have, and I am awake. THAT is what I flaunt, to a certain extent, although I prefer the term share.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

Oh, and I am anything but holy. Quite unholy, in fact; and I only consider myself to be slightly above average intelligence. I do however, try to USE what I have, and I am awake. THAT is what I flaunt, to a certain extent, although I prefer the term share.

EPIC THREAD REPLY PYRAMID FTW!!!111

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• krytenkryten Member Posts: 131

UBER QUOTE PILE

Originally posted by tillamook

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

For pre-CU servers!!!

Whatever, Fisher. Not particularly interested in anything you have to say at this point, since you've proven all you can do is talk in circles until the other person gives up.

You never answered the question regarding who was "losing it" over the KOTOR news. That was how many days ago?

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by tillamook

No. I haven't.

Wow, right on cue.

For pre-CU servers!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)