Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for a Second Life player

YlikoneYlikone Member Posts: 7

As someone who has been playing Second Life (for over a year now) and loving it, I am looking into getting into a MMORPG that is adventure-battle based.  I heard such great things about Age Of Conan that I bought it on first day and played it for a while... just too linear, boring & buggy, cancelled my account today.  I've never played anything other MMORPGs (like WoW).  Wondering if someone can recommend a game that has the open freedom of Second Life (non linear and non instanced game) that isn't full of bugs?  Is WoW such a beast?  I just figured it's too old to be worth getting into this late in the game, which is why I tried AoC.

Comments

• NimrodblogNimrodblog Member Posts: 15

You should browse the library of RPG Land where you can find all the basic informations about RP sims in SL. The list is of course not covering all the RP opportunities in SL, but selected mostly by the recommendation of the active RP-ers.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

If you want something sandbox (non-Linear) you might want to try Saga of Ryzom. Either that, or it's a different genre but EVE is extremely open-ended.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930
    Originally posted by Amarsir

If you want something sandbox (non-Linear) you might want to try Saga of Ryzom. Either that, or it's a different genre but EVE is extremely open-ended.

No... ignore Ryzom... it's pretty much dead.  EvE or UO are really your only options for sandbox-style MMORPG's now.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by Vato26

Originally posted by Amarsir

No... ignore Ryzom... it's pretty much dead.  EvE or UO are really your only options for sandbox-style MMORPG's now.

What about Entropia Universe? I've not tried it myself as yet. But it sounds the most similar to SL, with battle elements. And like SL it sounds like it can be a money sink. They have their version of lindens, it seems.
  • zerryonzerryon Member UncommonPosts: 17

As far as ive seen there isnt really any other game out there with the freedom of SL or anything close to it. Entropia Universe would be potentially good, but that one is 10 times more money focused than SL. You really cant do anything in entropia without spending real money, or at least you couldnt back when i tried it. Shadowbane has potential to be a good non-linear game if you can get passed all the young ones  trying to "pwn" everyone, players make their own kingdoms and systems of government and such which could be very interesting. Unortunately it seems that 90% of the players just want to bash each other's heads in and steal. Could try playing on their role-play server. Im personally waiting for champions online since it sounds like it will at least be more open/skill based and have more character customization.

• GillosfireGillosfire Member Posts: 6

Search sleek in second life. it's not yet started but seems like the one you're looking for.

I like SL and hope someone, one day could realize something real cool.