Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 day trials coming in late July

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

www.massively.com/2008/06/20/renewed-marketing-free-trials-to-come-following-potbs-build-1-5/

www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=10857

we’re starting free trials in July (towards the middle or latter part) which will let players try out the game for 14 days and see if it’s for them.

We’ve done the work to make sure players can’t use a trial account as a mule account or to spam other players, and at the end of the 14 days, they can convert those accounts into real accounts and continue playing with their character.

Comments

• SirXaphSirXaph Member Posts: 15

Yeah, I can't wait for them to be ready so I can start giving trials to all my friends.

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585

Unless they fix the rampant ganking and griefing the free trials will do more harm than good.

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Too late. My faint interest in this game has expired.

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

I'm about to that point as well.

Sadly, for any MMO, the first place any prospective player looks for an idea as to the community base will be the forums.

The PoTBS forums are as volatile as the SWG or WoW forums.  The hate and the flaming has just made me rapidly lose interest in the game.

I might try the trial, but at this point I might just stay with playing PoTCO for my online pirate fix.

• dekrey88dekrey88 Member Posts: 5

Any ideas if they will old player come back and sign into their old accounts to see if we want to come back or not.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Same - this is my last burst of interest in the game and I see no trial.

If 24/07 isn't late July then my credit card isn't coming out of its hidey hole.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL